ZMA

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I recently added this to my stack. I take a full serving before my naps ... but when I wake up I am incredibly groggy. Anyone else have this problem? I've seen some people who wake up refreshed from it, but it seems to have the opposite effect with me. This is even when I take it before a full night's rest.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
I don't know about taking it before a nap...I only take mine once a day about an hour before bed. I feel refreshed when I wake in the morning and I've been sleeping better.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
RR...I wouldn't take it before naps b/c of exactly what you mentioned, the grogginess. I feel that it is only needed before your full nights sleep to get the most from it. When I take it pre-bed (about a half hour or so) and make sure that I have 8 hours I feel great. I usually wake up automatically about 2 or 3 hours before I really have to get up on most mornings, but when I take ZMA before bed I sleep my ass straight through and wake up feeling like a champ.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
zma is best on an empty stomach, but because of my fast matabolism i like to eat before bed, so can i eat like 15 mins before taking my zma?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
zma is best on an empty stomach, but because of my fast matabolism i like to eat before bed, so can i eat like 15 mins before taking my zma?
No, it has nothing to do with a fast metabolism. Your food is still in there digesting, and potentially interfering with your ZMA, after 15 minutes.

A couple points:

1) Insulin blunts the release of GH. Food causes insulin release. Not great immediately before bed.

2) Calcium interferes with ZMA, so whey/casein/milk/cottage cheese within 2 hours of ZMA is not great for optimal ZMA effects.

3) IF you're crunched for time, say getting home from a workout at 10pm, and needing to be in bed by 11: take the ZMK at 10pm, wait 45 minutes, then eat some eggs, tuna, chicken, or some other form of protein without calcium. And if you want maximal GH release, avoid carbs during that time.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
No, it has nothing to do with a fast metabolism. Your food is still in there digesting, and potentially interfering with your ZMA, after 15 minutes.

A couple points:

1) Insulin blunts the release of GH. Food causes insulin release. Not great immediately before bed.

2) Calcium interferes with ZMA, so whey/casein/milk/cottage cheese within 2 hours of ZMA is not great for optimal ZMA effects.

3) IF you're crunched for time, say getting home from a workout at 10pm, and needing to be in bed by 11: take the ZMK at 10pm, wait 45 minutes, then eat some eggs, tuna, chicken, or some other form of protein without calcium. And if you want maximal GH release, avoid carbs during that time.

Exactomundo!!!

p.s. I promise to never say Exactomundo ever again!

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
it may take a few days to get use to the r.e.m. sleep, but keep at it, you'll get over it after approx 5-7 days

csavage

csavage

Awards
ive recently bought dymatize zma and was wondering how i should take it. Ive heard you dont need to cycle zma because its a mineral but this also has tribulus terrestris in it and im not sure if i should cycle off after 6 weeks or keep on it continueously.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
it's only tribulus, and probably a mediocre one at that. I'd cycle off every 3 months or so, for a month.

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
I didn't have great success with ZMA (ZMK). Knockout and Somnidren GH worked better for me.

spikewhite

Awards
thanks for the heads up poison. I was on as my buddies for some reason earlier but thanks anyway

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I didn't have great success with ZMA (ZMK). Knockout and Somnidren GH worked better for me.
Did you try the combination of zmk and somnidren gh? the two combined are unstoppable!