HOW TO FIX A F****D UP ANKLE

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
Alright, well today i trashed my ankle. Rolled it, possibly broke it. My question tho is if it isnt broke is what is the best way to go about rehabing it and what supps would speed the process.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
If its sprained, that's worse than broken IMO. Plenty of rest was the remedy for me when I had mine twisted up. Not sure about the supps though.

BigD28

BigD28

Awards
Alright, well today i trashed my ankle. Rolled it, possibly broke it. My question tho is if it isnt broke is what is the best way to go about rehabing it and what supps would speed the process.
if it is broke it is simple they will just cast you and the healing is done on its own... but like the guy said above me its more of a pain in the ass if it is sprained, plenty of rest is good. my teammates are always rolling their ankles it sucks.. try to maybe get ur hands on an air cast that can be worn with sneakers its not huge and will def help stabilize it while it is weak...also u should do some light rehabing for it nothing crazy so you keep you strenght and range on motion...if you do this make sure to take it easy and always ice after...good luck

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
It depends what exactly the injury, but Super Cissus RX is king for joint pain and aches imo. I went from not being able to put on my jacket my shoulder was in so much pain to 3 days later lifting shoulders with maximum effort, and it being offered at 16.99 for bulk, simply cannot beat that.

BigD28

BigD28

Awards
whatever you do or take just make sure that if it is sprained bad you build the strenght back up properly, you do not want it to be a recurring problem

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
you might want to look into something with DMSO.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remember this acronym, for all muscle/skeletal injuries.

R.I.C.E.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

Stay off of it, let it rest and heal
Put ice on it, I usually do 10 min on and 10 min off, but def not more than 20 min on or if it gets "numb"
Compression, use an ace wrap etc, but keep it unwrapped at night when you sleep.
Elevation..will help bring the swelling down.
On top of all that you can use NSAIDS like motrin, tylenol, etc. I do not have any experiance with cissus, but many like it.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
it is sprained, and thank you guys for the info. im just trying to figure out how to get it back in shape asap

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Remember this acronym, for all muscle/skeletal injuries.

R.I.C.E.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

Stay off of it, let it rest and heal
Put ice on it, I usually do 10 min on and 10 min off, but def not more than 20 min on or if it gets "numb"
Compression, use an ace wrap etc, but keep it unwrapped at night when you sleep.
Elevation..will help bring the swelling down.
On top of all that you can use NSAIDS like motrin, tylenol, etc. I do not have any experiance with cissus, but many like it.
Couldn't agree more with this. Take it easy, especially when you FEEL 100% and start to push it. Thats when you re-injure yourself because while you feel 100%, you're more like 70%. Go slow and steady, lots of ice will help.

Stay away from tylenol as it doesnt actually reduce inflammation, just lowers fever and reduces pain, and your injury has a whole mess of inflammatory processes going on right now. Go with ibuprofen.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
did mine 16 days ago- still ****ed up a little bit......pretty much tore everything- but I am almost at the point where I can run again

try this:
ice at least 3x per day, 20 minutes each time
elevation for at least 2 hrs. per day
Osteo Sport 12 capsules per day
Bio Mend 9 capsules per day
Fish Oil 9 capsules per day
Tylenol 4 per day- it is good for inflammation, at least for me, or Ibuprofen.....

strengthening exercises:
toe circles (both directions)- gonna hurt like a bitch at first....
wobble board
stretching
rubber band exercises