Google ads legit?

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
So when I'm reading through threads, the google ads are at the top offering all kinds of stuff. Are these AM approved? Specifically there is a buydnponline ad. What's the deal?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
oh, I forget, reg members see google ads. I think it's googles way of making money + the website making money off google.

more view of the board, the more google will pay them for an ad?

Not sure exactly though :p

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
I hate when people walk in the room and see me looking at a screen that says "BODYBUILDER DATING" in huge bold letters at the top of the screen

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I'd be wary of them...Site owners that use Google Ad Sense can block specific ads from being listed but there are thousands and thousands they would have ot go through and research so more than likely they don't block any.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
I'd be wary of them...Site owners that use Google Ad Sense can block specific ads from being listed but there are thousands and thousands they would have ot go through and research so more than likely they don't block any.
But they are being selective. We don't get tampon ads or Hanna Montana. It's HGH, DNP, etc. I wonder if any mods could weigh in on this?

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
That is because google crawls the page to find keywords and post relevant ads. It doesn't mean that the admins specifically approved all those ads.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
if you dont want the ads, get yourself gold membership. It gets rid of the ads, your helping out a great cause, and you'll get more than you paid for in discounts over the course of your membership.

One of the best benefits is getting 10 dollars off every 50 dollar order. It doesnt happen every month, I would say 5/12 months we have during the year, we would see that benefit coupon.

So do yourself a favor, spend 20 dollars to stop the ads, help out the server and help yourself.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
if you dont want the ads, get yourself gold membership.
I think I'll do that. I wasn't really asking because I didn't want them. I was really wondering if they were legit.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I think I'll do that. I wasn't really asking because I didn't want them. I was really wondering if they were legit.
haha.

I forgot it was your thread. Sorry,

I was addressing the guy who was complaining about the ads saying BODYBUILDING DATING SITE!!!

Im not sure if those ads are legit, but I think they are just random google ads.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Google adsense looks at the content of the site and shows relevant ads. When someone clicks an add, AM makes money.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I hate when people walk in the room and see me looking at a screen that says "BODYBUILDER DATING" in huge bold letters at the top of the screen
then become a gold member and it's something to never worry about again :thumbsup:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Google adsense looks at the content of the site and shows relevant ads. When someone clicks an add, AM makes money.
the google ad's are page content related

i have quite a few websites that have google adsense, i have been doing it for about 5 years now, some people make some serious cash from google adsense

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
if you dont want the ads, get yourself gold membership. It gets rid of the ads, your helping out a great cause, and you'll get more than you paid for in discounts over the course of your membership.

One of the best benefits is getting 10 dollars off every 50 dollar order. It doesnt happen every month, I would say 5/12 months we have during the year, we would see that benefit coupon.

So do yourself a favor, spend 20 dollars to stop the ads, help out the server and help yourself.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha...now I'm seeing ads for Google ad sense when I read this thread...