Quick fat loss and little muscle loss?

rrm

Awards
Im going to be doing a cut for a month and im at 13% bf. Im wondering for a shorter cut like this if theres any supplements that would really help with the fat loss but at the same time keep most of the muscle that i worked for.

stefang

Awards
Yes and no. Here is what I would suggest:

Get on a Keto Diet for the month, and I guarantee you won't loose almost no muscle.
With only one moth, you can realistically think about loosing between 5-10 pounds of PURE fat, not water, not 2 lbs ***t....

Now, it's harder than it sounds, but if you do a search on AM, you will find lots of info about Keto dieting. Here are the supps that will help preserve as much as possible:
I. BCAA's >> really important
II. Protein, Glutamine,
III. Workouts >> you won't sustain high intensity with no carbs pre workout. Don't lift like crazy, just try to preserve during this time >> use the muscles >> target slow & fast twitch fibers >> don't lift too long.

IV. Cardio >> this is where the fat is melted of when you are on a keto diet >> target is 45-60 minutes of low intensity exercise. Keep in mind Low intensity >> incline walk, bike...you wouldn't sustain high intensity for long. Shoot for 3-5 days a week.

V. Take a day off from GYM & Cardio every week >> your body will regenerate, replenish hormone levels & keep the thyroid working for you

VI. Stimulants: Caffeine: 200-400mg before workouts & cardio >> this will break down fat, but then you have to burn it, otherwise it's going back.

Yohimbe: Careful with dosing >> this will help with "stubborn" abdominal fat >> yohimbe is an antagonist to the alpha 2 receptors which reduce lipolysis (fat breakdown)

Ephedra: Works well. Careful with dosing. Don't use with yohimbe, at least not in high doses >> they compete for the same receptors

Aspirin: Will enhance those specified above

There is too much info to list. Let me know if you have any questions.

rrm

Awards

Get on a Keto Diet for the month, and I guarantee you won't loose almost no muscle.
With only one moth, you can realistically think about loosing between 5-10 pounds of PURE fat, not water, not 2 lbs ***t....

Now, it's harder than it sounds, but if you do a search on AM, you will find lots of info about Keto dieting. Here are the supps that will help preserve as much as possible:
II. Protein, Glutamine,
III. Workouts >> you won't sustain high intensity with no carbs pre workout. Don't lift like crazy, just try to preserve during this time >> use the muscles >> target slow & fast twitch fibers >> don't lift too long.

IV. Cardio >> this is where the fat is melted of when you are on a keto diet >> target is 45-60 minutes of low intensity exercise. Keep in mind Low intensity >> incline walk, bike...you wouldn't sustain high intensity for long. Shoot for 3-5 days a week.

V. Take a day off from GYM & Cardio every week >> your body will regenerate, replenish hormone levels & keep the thyroid working for you

VI. Stimulants: Caffeine: 200-400mg before workouts & cardio >> this will break down fat, but then you have to burn it, otherwise it's going back.

Yohimbe: Careful with dosing >> this will help with "stubborn" abdominal fat >> yohimbe is an antagonist to the alpha 2 receptors which reduce lipolysis (fat breakdown)

Ephedra: Works well. Careful with dosing. Don't use with yohimbe, at least not in high doses >> they compete for the same receptors

Ive actually been on the anabolic solution for the past month for bulking and decided i will do a different mass gaining diet for bulking but i will definatly do the AD for the month i cut. Ive heard some of the things that you listed can take me out of ketosis though like the BCAA and the caffiene, True or no?

stefang

Awards
Well BCAA could potentially take you out of ketosis, but the same holds true for too much protein. This is because more then 50% of BCAA get converted into glucose, however, your brain needs glucose every day.

To stay in ketosis, you must take in less than 30 grams of carbs a day, BCAA would be most applicable pre, during & post workout, where you actually burn that little glucose. Glutamine, could also make it harder for you to reach ketosis, but I have never had problems with it once in ketosis. Caffeine definitely does not take you out of ketosis. Diet soda might and other drinks that have citric acid in it.

Don't take too much protein. Find the amount that balances your nitrogen levels.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caffeine has been shown to slightly raise blood sugar, I wouldn't use it on a CKD personally. Look into nootropics such as ALCAR, Tyrosine, PEA, etc. instead.

rrm

Awards
Well BCAA could potentially take you out of ketosis, but the same holds true for too much protein. This is because more then 50% of BCAA get converted into glucose, however, your brain needs glucose every day.

To stay in ketosis, you must take in less than 30 grams of carbs a day, BCAA would be most applicable pre, during & post workout, where you actually burn that little glucose. Glutamine, could also make it harder for you to reach ketosis, but I have never had problems with it once in ketosis. Caffeine definitely does not take you out of ketosis. Diet soda might and other drinks that have citric acid in it.

Don't take too much protein. Find the amount that balances your nitrogen levels.
So what should my pre training supps be and my post supps be? Are there any mixes like no-shotgun or something thats already mixed that would be good to take?

stefang

Awards
No-Shotgun is good. I used it many times on keto diet and it worked great. 80 calories from protein and BCAA's >> just what you need. There are many other ones, just watch out for carbs in them, since they will interupt ketosis. Other fat burning supplements and stimulants that are good: Geranium, Caffeine, Yohimbe, ALCAR, L-Tyrosine, Cayenne Pepper, Synephrine >> Advantra-Z ... do your share of cardio and you won't really need many stimulants

rrm

Awards
No-Shotgun is good. I used it many times on keto diet and it worked great. 80 calories from protein and BCAA's >> just what you need. There are many other ones, just watch out for carbs in them, since they will interupt ketosis. Other fat burning supplements and stimulants that are good: Geranium, Caffeine, Yohimbe, ALCAR, L-Tyrosine, Cayenne Pepper, Synephrine >> Advantra-Z ... do your share of cardio and you won't really need many stimulants
Thnks for the input. Just wondering i will be out of shotgun soon u reccomend any that r better?

stefang

Awards
Thnks for the input. Just wondering i will be out of shotgun soon u reccomend any that r better?
Too many out there and everyone reacts differently. You could try some vasocharge with xtend combo. Pretty good deal at nutra for it as well.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

II. Protein, Glutamine,

yohimbe works on the alpha receptors, ephedra works on the beta. they do not compete for the same receptors..

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice suggestions so far. You may also want to consider Forskolin. Via adenylate cyclase activation and elevated cellular levels of the so-called "second messenger" and cell regulator, cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), Forskolin induces fat loss while simultaneously preserving muscle tissue. To be fair, forskolin is not the only trigger for higher cAMP levels. Hormones and neurotransmitters can also produce cAMP elevation. However, Forskolin is the most potent cAMP activator around, and does this completely independently of other agents.

stefang

Awards
True

yohimbe works on the alpha receptors, ephedra works on the beta. they do not compete for the same receptors..
This is true. Quote from "The Ketogenic Diet" by Lyle McDonald

"...ephedrine has non-specific beta receptor agonist effects which are generally geared towards increasing fat burning. However, some of it's effects are also felt at the alpha receptor, specifically the alpha-2 receptor...the alpha-2 receptor inhibits the use of fat for fuel when it is stimulated. So by stimulating alpha-2 receptors, ephedrine is limiting some of it's fat burning potential...Combining ECA with yohimbe is similar to pressing on the accelerator while releasing the brake at the same time which should enhance fat loss. While this may occur, the combination of ECA and yohimbe can cause profoundly negatice effects on heart rate and blood pressure"

...better safe, then sorry

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
While this may occur, the combination of ECA and yohimbe can cause profoundly negatice effects on heart rate and blood pressure
Regardless of the methods of action, I'm glad you're stressing either not using them in combination or using very small dosages at first if you want to use both. You hit the nail on the head with yohimbe and ephedra.

About ephedrine's (the main active in ephedra) MOA.

It acts weakly as a central nervous system stimulant (crosses the BBB weakly so the effect isn't that pronounced) and increases the release of norephinephrine, dopamine and serotonin, I think in that order. In the peripheral nervous system, it is much more potent. It both induces the release of additional nor-E pre-synaptically and weakly stimulates alpha and beta receptors itself.

There is potential synergy between it and yohimbine d/t the MOA of yohimbine, which is to block A2 receptors. Antagonists of A2 receptors act to increase Nor-E and ACh release.

Put them both together and there is potential synergy, especially because Nor-E's negative feedback loop is partially via the A2 receptor, and extended Nor-E release will result in the body downregulating, obviously, Nor-E release. However, the big caveat is the resulting rise in blood pressure, which you really have to watch out for when putting them both together.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
While it is not my thread, thanks for the knowledge shared with all of us.

rrm

Awards
So any good fat burners that people reccomend? Like i could just quickly pick up at a supplement store or order online quickly?