Concerta killing the weight room?

Brad2131

Awards
I have been ADD for my whole life. Finally after 18 years i wanted help for it, so i saw the family psychologist to talk about it. He gave me some tricks and things to try to concentrate better. Didn't work. 6 months later i decided to consult the family physician about this issue. I was prescribed 18mg of concerta. I know about how these meds can curb appetite so i have fought against that to keep my normal eating schedual.

I recently tried my first cut. The stack was AP, PRime, pfull, AX, and mitotrophin. After a few weeks of starting this stack my work outs were terrible. I couldnt ever finish my last reps of last sets. I tried to get more and more sleep to see if that was the issue but that didnt help. I was drinking shakes after workouts and on off days. Everything i could imagine that was going wrong i tried to fix. Then max outs came. The prev period i had a 240 powerclean, 350 squat, 240 bench, and 230 incline. This max every single max went down. 205 clean, 320 squat, 210 incline, and 220 bench. It was terrible.

diet wise i had cut out all sodas and was really eating a lot of good proteins and veggies.

All this has to do with the fact that i went on concerta the same time as this stack started. That is the only other X factor that i may think had to do something with this digression?

Can anyone shed some light or experience with this?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
its very common to lose strength when dieting....

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
its very common to lose strength when dieting....
u cut out sodas did u also cut ur cals appropiatly to concide with your cut?
im not a doc man so im not going to tell o to stop takin ur meds but deffinetly talk to yer doctor about u losing strenght
have u been losing weight, weight loss can affect strength

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I almost always lost strength when on a cut...it comes right back and then some once I up my cals though...