WHAT IS THE BEST CARB FOR A POST WORKOUT SHAKE?

WHAT IS THE MOST BEST CARB FOR A POST WORKOUT SHAKE?

• Total voters

dizdabiz

Awards
Im going to be on a bulk soon and was thinking of 60g protein/100gram carbs in my own shake would like to find out your opinions on the best and how much carbs&protein you put in your shake. cheers!

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
personally i only use slow digesting carbs, even post workout. ive noticed tremendous leaning out effect since ive switched to slow digesting low glycemic carbs. i use simply oatmeal =)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to use 15g BCAA, 60g WMS, and 15g of SuperCarb. A mix of high and low GI carbs along with BCAAs to kickstart protein synthesis.

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
I like to use a mix of WMS, maltodextrin and dextrose

dizdabiz

Awards
yeah i used to use oatmeal,but it kept me too full as its slow digesting,but i was assuming that the quickest digesting carb would be better? especially as id want my stomach as empty as it could be so i could eat a monster post workout meal.

ksa

Awards
  • Established
I saw the most gains while on sweet potatoes pre & post.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I can't really comment on how each is supposed to work scientifically. I can say that WMS gave me the least amount of upset stomach though. Dextrose seemd to be the worst. I'm doing like 50% WMS, 25% dextrose, 25% malto b/c I happen to have all 3 right now. If I had to just pick one, I pick WMS.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
If I'm doing carbs post-wo I do oats.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Been putting slow cooked oats in my pwo shakes for years with great results..

Tech2TheLimit

Tech2TheLimit

Awards
I usually go with WMS. Oats are good as well and taste good in PWO shakes.