Request assistance - someone with Ultra 40 and a scale

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Request assistance - someone with Ultra 40 and a scale

Ok...first the disclaimer - this is NOT an official "labelclaimstesting" type callout, just a concern.

First - a recent thread revived my interest in Liver Tabs - especially in light of an obscure study that seems to point to usefulness in preventing DNP side effects.

Second - I have always considered Beverly product of exquisite quality, so I dropped $40 on a bottle today.

Third, I located a supplier that handles supply for the entire industry, and priced out material for whoeever decides to run with them (nutracaps, or whoever). When doing the cost analysis something wasn't ringing true.

Now, Beverly claims 2.6 grams of 4x liver concentrate per tablet. I would have thought them to be VERY dark brown, and was surprised to see them very very light brown with little discernible odor. IN addition, that tablets were not very big. I proceeded to weigh them on, admittedly, not a high quality scale. I read 3 tablets per 5 grams, or 1.7 grams each.

I double checked with another scale at home, and got the same reading.

Can someone with a decent scale AND a recent bottle of Ultra 40 please weigh a tablet and tell me what you get?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

2. I do have a decent scale but no on the liver tabs.That said,I can't be of any help but I'd appreciate it if you'd post the study you're referring to here.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Ok...first the disclaimer - this is NOT an official "labelclaimstesting" type callout, just a concern.

First - a recent thread revived my interest in Liver Tabs - especially in light of an obscure study that seems to point to usefulness in preventing DNP side effects.

Second - I have always considered Beverly product of exquisite quality, so I dropped $40 on a bottle today.

Third, I located a supplier that handles supply for the entire industry, and priced out material for whoeever decides to run with them (nutracaps, or whoever). When doing the cost analysis something wasn't ringing true.

Now, Beverly claims 2.6 grams of 4x liver concentrate per tablet. I would have thought them to be VERY dark brown, and was surprised to see them very very light brown with little discernible odor. IN addition, that tablets were not very big. I proceeded to weigh them on, admittedly, not a high quality scale. I read 3 tablets per 5 grams, or 1.7 grams each.

I double checked with another scale at home, and got the same reading.

Can someone with a decent scale AND a recent bottle of Ultra 40 please weigh a tablet and tell me what you get?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I do have a decent scale but no on the liver tabs.That said,I can't be of any help but I'd appreciate it if you'd post the study you're referring to here.
    How did I figure I would see you here?

I'd actually like to get your take on this - I'm thinking about running an experiment VERY soon..

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/42/2/271.pdf

4. I'd be happy to weigh some if I were comped a bottle.
    I do this sometimes. For example, the body octane scooper is a little low and the Clout scooper a little high.

My scale hits 0.0mg
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

5. Dsade,

Have you emailed Beverly directly with this concern? They are usually refreshingly honest with replies, so it would be nice to hear their side of the story.

Better yet, Roger and Sandy will be at the AC..... quiz them there too. lol
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    Dsade,

Have you emailed Beverly directly with this concern? They are usually refreshingly honest with replies, so it would be nice to hear their side of the story.

Better yet, Roger and Sandy will be at the AC..... quiz them there too. lol
    FIRst I wanted someone to verifiy with a better quality scale before going any further - especially since, in this case, I would be considered a competitor.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    FIRst I wanted someone to verifiy with a better quality scale before going any further - especially since, in this case, I would be considered a competitor.

I know snagency uses them, Ill direct him over here.

8. Interesting take Dsade. I think you're being too literal tho..
    Let me venture: the liver value=2600mcg (AS a 4x concentrate). Trying to weigh true weight, this will not equate to 2.6g, will be considerably less..
    As well, you have to take into consideration the other packaged ingredients to put this together (i.e. Cellulose, Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide -- fillers if you will, but necessary for production & preservation).
    Lastly, consider that Bev uses their own manufacturing facilities; these are not your run-of-the-mill liver tabs. I don't think an 'industry' insider could give you a qualified opinion to their sourcings.
    But as mentioned, Roger & Sandy are pretty helpful; I'm sure Roger would have no problem clarifying this.
    Send him an e-mail.

9. Although not totally related, i found a study that showed Usnic Acid to be hepaprotective against damage done by alchohol administered at the same time, so I can definitely understand the point of the study in the PDF.

10. Since this is a thread on U-40, thought I'd throw this out for clarification: (just in case anybody wondered why else they should take liver tabs.. )

Ultra 40 liver tablets are designed for the hard training athlete who demands NOTHING BUT THE BEST! Although Ultra 40 retains the biochemical spirit of the original, its nutritional value is greater than that of whole beef liver. All of the essential amino acids are present in Ultra 40 as well as B-vitamins, heme iron, naturally occurring minerals and enzymes.

What: Ultra 40 is a nutrient dense protein food (in tablet form) derived from raw Argentinean beef liver that is concentrated by vacuum drying at a low temperature. It is free of fats, carbohydrates, and any food additives.

Who: Anyone who wants to increase lean body mass, people who want more energy, anyone on a restricted diet, as well as those who are clinically stressed.

Why: Ultra 40 comes from grass fed, steroid free Argentinean beef and is the most potent liver product on the market. The concentration process removes unwanted calories and the addition of B-12 enhances protein metabolism.

11. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Since this is a thread on U-40, thought I'd throw this out for clarification: (just in case anybody wondered why else they should take liver tabs.. )

Ultra 40 liver tablets are designed for the hard training athlete who demands NOTHING BUT THE BEST! Although Ultra 40 retains the biochemical spirit of the original, its nutritional value is greater than that of whole beef liver. All of the essential amino acids are present in Ultra 40 as well as B-vitamins, heme iron, naturally occurring minerals and enzymes.

What: Ultra 40 is a nutrient dense protein food (in tablet form) derived from raw Argentinean beef liver that is concentrated by vacuum drying at a low temperature. It is free of fats, carbohydrates, and any food additives.

Who: Anyone who wants to increase lean body mass, people who want more energy, anyone on a restricted diet, as well as those who are clinically stressed.

Why: Ultra 40 comes from grass fed, steroid free Argentinean beef and is the most potent liver product on the market. The concentration process removes unwanted calories and the addition of B-12 enhances protein metabolism.
    Oh, don't get me wrong at all - Liver Tabs is one product that I did notice a certain edge from - which is why the sudden re-interest.

What I am wondering about is the label (and I just actually wanted someone with a decent scale to verify weight)...

The label says Dessicated Liver extract 4x concentrate 2600mg.

This means 2600 mg (or 2.6 grams) of whatever extract they are using. Add in the binders and fillers, to make the tablets stick together, and the actual tablet weight SHOULD be close to 3 grams. I am getting about 1.7 grams each.

12. snag,

How many tabs do you take a day?

13. Steroid free beef? Aw... but I wanted the roids

Snag you make a great sales pitch; your commentary on the rival liver tabs got me to hold out for the Ultra-40's (Which were OOS at the time).

14. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Steroid free beef? Aw... but I wanted the roids

Snag you make a great sales pitch; your commentary on the rival liver tabs got me to hold out for the Ultra-40's (Which were OOS at the time).
    I started on them yesterday, at 20 a day....I'll gauge results here, too.

Hoping to play with that other compound mentioned above, to see what kind of validity the study has in humans (subjectively, of course).

15. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    The label says Dessicated Liver extract 4x concentrate 2600mg.

This means 2600 mg (or 2.6 grams) of whatever extract they are using. Add in the binders and fillers, to make the tablets stick together, and the actual tablet weight SHOULD be close to 3 grams. I am getting about 1.7 grams each.
    But that's where I'll disagree with you (and maybe I'm wrong here), but consider.. The way I read it is: 2600mcg liver AS a 4xconcentrate; so, going with your logic, I would see this as 650mcg true weight, no?
    Altho, according to your scales, this would leave approx. 1g filler weight.. you're not using your weed scales, are you?

16. Quote Originally Posted by SoCo4Fun View Post
    snag,

How many tabs do you take a day?
    When in caloric deficit (like now), 5 per meal (x6 meals daily); when it gets tighter, I up that to 6.

17. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    But that's where I'll disagree with you (and maybe I'm wrong here), but consider.. The way I read it is: 2600mcg liver AS a 4xconcentrate; so, going with your logic, I would see this as 650mcg true weight, no?
    Altho, according to your scales, this would leave approx. 1g filler weight.. you're not using your weed scales, are you?
    Should be mg, not micrograms...but the way I see it they have to indicate the true product weight (which would be 2600mg of "X excract".) If they meant is as a 4x concentrate, where a 1x concentrate WOULD be 2.6 grams (2.6 divided by 4 = 650mg, true) then they should have put 650mg OF 4x concentrate.

And yeah, the purpose of this thread is to have someone with a GOOD ACCURATE scale do a confirmation weigh for me.

18. it says it provides over 2g of protein....

19. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Should be mg, not micrograms...but the way I see it they have to indicate the true product weight (which would be 2600mg of "X excract".) If they meant is as a 4x concentrate, where a 1x concentrate WOULD be 2.6 grams (2.6 divided by 4 = 650mg, true) then they should have put 650mg OF 4x concentrate.

And yeah, the purpose of this thread is to have someone with a GOOD ACCURATE scale do a confirmation weigh for me.
    Well therein lies the problem bro: the ingredients are mcg, not mg.
    That'll throw things off a tad..

20. Serving Size: 1 Tablet
    Amount Per Tablet:
    % Daily Value

Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin)
    75mcg.

1,250%

Liver ( as 4x concentrate)
    2600mg.

Other Ingredients:
    Cellulose, Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate, Silicone Dioxide

21. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Well therein lies the problem bro: the ingredients are mcg, not mg.
    That'll throw things off a tad..
    Might want to check that again..the only thing mcg is the added Cyanocobalamin (at 75mcg)

Right from the label:

Liver (as 4x concentrate) 2600MG.

Serving size: 1 tablet

22. Here's what I was looking at (altho your label does sound right; I'll check for sure right now.. )
    500 Tablets
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size1Tablet
    Servings Per Container500

Amount Per 1 Tablet

Vitamin B12(as Cyanocobalamin) 75mcg 1,250%

Liver(as 4x Concentrate) 2600mcg **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    ** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
    Cellulose, Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide

23. 2600mcg would only be 260mg....these are way too big for that (or they used a godawful amount of filler.)

24. But of course you're right on the label..
    That'll learn me to use that website for reference..

I still say it's as 4x concentrate, not 2600mg of 4x concentrate.
    But I see your point. I do not have an accurate enough scale to help you or I would, as I've got the bottle sitting right in front of me..

25. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    2600mcg would only be 260mg....these are way too big for that (or they used a godawful amount of filler.)
    My math skills are frayed tonight..
    We both know Bev's not 'fillers-r-us' bro..

26. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    But of course you're right on the label..
    That'll learn me to use that website for reference..

I still say it's as 4x concentrate, not 2600mg of 4x concentrate.
    But I see your point. I do not have an accurate enough scale to help you or I would, as I've got the bottle sitting right in front of me..
    What a tease....

27. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    What a tease....
    Gave up my digi's bro..

28. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Gave up my digi's bro..
    ::::whistles innocently:::

why, sir...I have NO idea what you are referring to.

29. if nothing else, you bastards have convinced me to buy a bottle during NP's free shipping

30. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    ::::whistles innocently:::

why, sir...I have NO idea what you are referring to.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Assistance please!!
    By Jfletcherp in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 10:22 AM
  2. NEW Redline Ultra Hardcore....at an ULTRA LOW PRICE!!!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 08:17 PM
  3. MycoGreen, NitroCeps, KreaCeps Ultra, RagNOrok Ultra, and Shred Ultra.....
    By CTDeuce in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 01:53 PM
  4. Request assistance in composition
    By dsade in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 08:10 PM
  5. Replies: 114
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 04:37 PM