Intro. and Supplement Question

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Hello All,

First off this form kicks ass and is very informative, not like the bodybuilding.com form, which seems to have a lot of piss ant fighting. So look forward to some good discussions.

Firstly I should say that I am new to body building. About 5 months ago I weighed 269 lbs and was an over weight glutton, I am down to 163 lbs as of today. I lost the weight through cardio and weight lifting coupled with a good diet. My ultimate goal is to lose my gut, I am slowly getting a six pack (or maybe 4 pack perhaps?) and to put on some quality muscle.

Anyway that's my form introduction,here's my supp question for all you experts. I've been taking Hydroxycut Hardcore for about 2 weeks now and have seen a significant drop in body fat % and weight. Can I continue to take the hydroxcut and combine it with "Universal Animal M-Stak " at the same time. I of course work out rigoursly (3 day/week split) and take multivits, fish oil, whey, cassein, etc. and eat 5-6 proper meals a day.

And if this combination is possible, will I be able to continue losing weight and putting on some muscle mass (lean or otherwise)?

Sorry about the long as question, but look forward to your comments and suggestions. THANKS AGAIN!

Best,
Chad

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
you will drop the weight. i dont think mstack is gonna add real pounds on you. you may want to look into bulk bcaa, xtend, core abc, purple wraath or something of that nature to help hold onto as much muscle as possible while cutting down the bodyfat.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Thanks a lot for the response. So combing the two sups is fine? Doesn't most protein (I use ON Whey/Cassein) contain a fair amount of BCAA'S, or should I use another separate BCAA sup.

In regards to the BCAA, is powder or pill form the way to go?

Also whats "Xtend"? I am really new the whole supplement game, short of whey and creatine I am pretty clueless. Is there a form thread with info. on it or link?

Sorry for the stupid and novice list of questions.

Thanks all!!

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
1) there are bcaa's in protein, correct. HOWEVER they do not digest as quickly as free form (meaning they are not attached to anything and can immediately be broken down and absorbed). i personally use 1-1.5 scoop of protein powder and one scoop (5grams) of bulk powder bcaa

2) powder is the way to go. it tastes a tad bit funky, but you hardly taste it once you mix it with a flavored beverage (protein, supp, juice, etc)

3) xtend is a flavored bcaa supplement. i like it b/c it tastes amazing. i mix 4 scoops with 2 liters and i sip on it during workout and all day after. it makes it easier to drink lots of water, you get an anti catabolic effect from drinking it day long and you will want to drink it cause it tastes so good.

you dont have to use that particalar brand of bcaa. personally i recommend purchasing a kilo of bcaa and either xtend (cant go wrong with watermelon) or purple wraath. it seems like a lot of money at first, but the bulk powder bcaa will last forever!

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Thanks

Thanks a lot for the info. I will try the BCAA powder with protein, sounds like a good combo. I like the idea of drinking it all day long.

Thanks again.

S

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
theres caffeine in m-stak (about 200mg or about 2 cups of coffee) and good amount in hydroxycut (300+mg's or 3 cups of coffee per serving to be exact! and your taking it 2 times a day so that's 600+mg's of caffeine just from hydroxycut), so i would suggest taking the red caps out of the m-stak to limit your caffeine intake, because right now your sitting right around 800+mg's:yikes:if you take both products, and thats excluding any other sources of caffeine your taking in ie. coffee, tea, etc.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
BCAA's are best utilized intra-WO; your protein source should contain enough BCAA's assuming you get a decent portion (Say 40g of Protein).

As long as you keep working out hard, your body will burn up fat and replace it with muscle. A very popular stack that can help you with your goals once you run out of the fat burner is http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs/sixpack-stack-1-recreate-1-anabolic-pump.html , and right now we're offering free shipping on EVERYTHING! While you're at it, pick up you staples (Try out the Cinnamon Bun Protein , and load up on some Omegas, ZMA etc :)

But in the end, its your training and dedication that makes the biggest impact, so keep mindful of your training. YOu're definitely on the right track, just keep it up!

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Thaks for encouragement and information

Thanks everyone who helped fill me in on some blanks I was drawing. I will check out the stak you suggested when I run out of fat burner, sounds pretty good. I like the amount of info. you guys provide on the product page. And the cinna buns like delicious.

Thanks again guys, I'm sure you will be seeing more of my questions haha.

Best,
Chad