Methylation and toxicity...

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.2%

Methylation and toxicity...

I know that 17a oral steriods are liver toxic and hard on the kidneys but what about other methyls? I see fatburners with methylated ingred in them like methlysynpherine and methyl pea, etc. I think VPX meltdown has a bunch of these in it.

Are these toxic also because of the methyl attachment, or is the steroid toxic because of the nature of it, being an anabolic steroid AND being methylated?

2. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Just because a compound is methylated doesnt mean its toxic to the liver or kidneys, for example caffience is methylated and isnt toxic to the liver.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.96%

Melatonin is also methylated
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tmachovec View Post
    I know that 17a oral steriods are liver toxic and hard on the kidneys but what about other methyls? I see fatburners with methylated ingred in them like methlysynpherine and methyl pea, etc. I think VPX meltdown has a bunch of these in it.

Are these toxic also because of the methyl attachment, or is the steroid toxic because of the nature of it, being an anabolic steroid AND being methylated?
    No, other methylated compounds are completely different, although methylation does usually increase bioavailablity in many compounds. Comparing toxicities is like comparing apples to retreaded tires. It just doesn't work that way. Oh, btw, a-methyl PEA is amphetamine. PEA with 2 methyl groups, a and n is methamphetamine. There is a pretty cool chart on wiki that shows the chemical conformations of different PEA related substances.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.2%

I wasn't saying they were toxic I was just asking what separates the toxic methyl's from the non-toxic
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tmachovec View Post
    I wasn't saying they were toxic I was just asking what separates the toxic methyl's from the non-toxic
    keep in mind most anything is toxic in sufficient quantity. so even saying liver toxic depends on the substance and amount. 300mg of prostanazol still isn't as liver toxic as 5mg M1T.... So even saying 17a methyl steroids are liver toxic is sort of a misnomer.

Acetaminophen, for example, is fatal to mice at 250-400 mg/kg due to liver necrosis
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.36%

Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    No, other methylated compounds are completely different, although methylation does usually increase bioavailablity in many compounds. Comparing toxicities is like comparing apples to retreaded tires. It just doesn't work that way. Oh, btw, a-methyl PEA is amphetamine. PEA with 2 methyl groups, a and n is methamphetamine. There is a pretty cool chart on wiki that shows the chemical conformations of different PEA related substances.
    Interesting. Now would someone taking Methyl-PEA test positive for amphetamines on a drug test?
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.73%

It realy bugs the **** out of me when i hear story after story on some jokers saying that M1T is soooooo freekin bad well lets put it to you this way i used axio dbols and those where nothing but headache medicine in a pouch yes the pink little footballs in a cool package..I was doing 20mg for a week and let me tell you if you think M1T`s are bad is BS cause i never had side effects like i did when i took axio dbols..After one week i had to go down to 10mg and even when i did that after taking the pill it would be an hour later that i would feel a flushing feeling coming over me like the Hulk!! then waves of rage later in the day to me dbols are worse nothing but bloat headache and water bag`d look..M1T do it right even 10mg a day for 4 weeks will give you more results then dbol headache medicine..
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.42%

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdeez View Post
    Interesting. Now would someone taking Methyl-PEA test positive for amphetamines on a drug test?
    Well, it depends on which position it is methylated in, but yes more than likely it could produce a metabolite that could trigger a false positive. For instance, the only difference between pseudoephedrine (and ephedrine, a stereo isomer) and methamphetamine is a single hydroxyl group on the beta position. It can actually be reduced quite easily,which is why the feds are cracking down on sales. I know that pseudo can cause a positive result for amphetamines.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.42%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    keep in mind most anything is toxic in sufficient quantity. so even saying liver toxic depends on the substance and amount. 300mg of prostanazol still isn't as liver toxic as 5mg M1T.... So even saying 17a methyl steroids are liver toxic is sort of a misnomer.
    Good point, water becomes toxic at 0.5 L/kg body weight.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.13%

Quote Originally Posted by Kalel38 View Post
    It realy bugs the **** out of me when i hear story after story on some jokers saying that M1T is soooooo freekin bad well lets put it to you this way i used axio dbols and those where nothing but headache medicine in a pouch yes the pink little footballs in a cool package..I was doing 20mg for a week and let me tell you if you think M1T`s are bad is BS cause i never had side effects like i did when i took axio dbols..After one week i had to go down to 10mg and even when i did that after taking the pill it would be an hour later that i would feel a flushing feeling coming over me like the Hulk!! then waves of rage later in the day to me dbols are worse nothing but bloat headache and water bag`d look..M1T do it right even 10mg a day for 4 weeks will give you more results then dbol headache medicine..
    That could of been b/c it was Axio also they had a lot of probs for awhile. I've taken upwards of 50mg ed of D-bol and never had headaches and such. Can't take the pumps after awhile so I usually take 20-30mgs ed and I feel awesome from D-bol. Now everyone is differnt D-bol may just do that to you. I've never taken M1T so I can't comment on that, but I do know mg for mg d-bol is one of the strongest steroids created.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is my methylation status please?
    By taidan in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM
  2. methylation question for hardasnails
    By maguire in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 07:28 AM
  3. M14ADD toxicity vs. Dbol toxicity??
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 09:08 PM
  4. Methylation but not toxic