Methylation and toxicity...

tmachovec

tmachovec

Awards
I know that 17a oral steriods are liver toxic and hard on the kidneys but what about other methyls? I see fatburners with methylated ingred in them like methlysynpherine and methyl pea, etc. I think VPX meltdown has a bunch of these in it.

Are these toxic also because of the methyl attachment, or is the steroid toxic because of the nature of it, being an anabolic steroid AND being methylated?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just because a compound is methylated doesnt mean its toxic to the liver or kidneys, for example caffience is methylated and isnt toxic to the liver.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin is also methylated

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I know that 17a oral steriods are liver toxic and hard on the kidneys but what about other methyls? I see fatburners with methylated ingred in them like methlysynpherine and methyl pea, etc. I think VPX meltdown has a bunch of these in it.

Are these toxic also because of the methyl attachment, or is the steroid toxic because of the nature of it, being an anabolic steroid AND being methylated?
No, other methylated compounds are completely different, although methylation does usually increase bioavailablity in many compounds. Comparing toxicities is like comparing apples to retreaded tires. It just doesn't work that way. Oh, btw, a-methyl PEA is amphetamine. PEA with 2 methyl groups, a and n is methamphetamine. There is a pretty cool chart on wiki that shows the chemical conformations of different PEA related substances.

tmachovec

tmachovec

Awards
I wasn't saying they were toxic I was just asking what separates the toxic methyl's from the non-toxic

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't saying they were toxic I was just asking what separates the toxic methyl's from the non-toxic
keep in mind most anything is toxic in sufficient quantity. so even saying liver toxic depends on the substance and amount. 300mg of prostanazol still isn't as liver toxic as 5mg M1T.... So even saying 17a methyl steroids are liver toxic is sort of a misnomer.

Acetaminophen, for example, is fatal to mice at 250-400 mg/kg due to liver necrosis

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, other methylated compounds are completely different, although methylation does usually increase bioavailablity in many compounds. Comparing toxicities is like comparing apples to retreaded tires. It just doesn't work that way. Oh, btw, a-methyl PEA is amphetamine. PEA with 2 methyl groups, a and n is methamphetamine. There is a pretty cool chart on wiki that shows the chemical conformations of different PEA related substances.
Interesting. Now would someone taking Methyl-PEA test positive for amphetamines on a drug test?

Kalel38

Banned
Awards
It realy bugs the **** out of me when i hear story after story on some jokers saying that M1T is soooooo freekin bad well lets put it to you this way i used axio dbols and those where nothing but headache medicine in a pouch yes the pink little footballs in a cool package..I was doing 20mg for a week and let me tell you if you think M1T`s are bad is BS cause i never had side effects like i did when i took axio dbols..After one week i had to go down to 10mg and even when i did that after taking the pill it would be an hour later that i would feel a flushing feeling coming over me like the Hulk!! then waves of rage later in the day to me dbols are worse nothing but bloat headache and water bag`d look..M1T do it right even 10mg a day for 4 weeks will give you more results then dbol headache medicine..

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Now would someone taking Methyl-PEA test positive for amphetamines on a drug test?
Well, it depends on which position it is methylated in, but yes more than likely it could produce a metabolite that could trigger a false positive. For instance, the only difference between pseudoephedrine (and ephedrine, a stereo isomer) and methamphetamine is a single hydroxyl group on the beta position. It can actually be reduced quite easily,which is why the feds are cracking down on sales. I know that pseudo can cause a positive result for amphetamines.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
keep in mind most anything is toxic in sufficient quantity. so even saying liver toxic depends on the substance and amount. 300mg of prostanazol still isn't as liver toxic as 5mg M1T.... So even saying 17a methyl steroids are liver toxic is sort of a misnomer.
Good point, water becomes toxic at 0.5 L/kg body weight.

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
It realy bugs the **** out of me when i hear story after story on some jokers saying that M1T is soooooo freekin bad well lets put it to you this way i used axio dbols and those where nothing but headache medicine in a pouch yes the pink little footballs in a cool package..I was doing 20mg for a week and let me tell you if you think M1T`s are bad is BS cause i never had side effects like i did when i took axio dbols..After one week i had to go down to 10mg and even when i did that after taking the pill it would be an hour later that i would feel a flushing feeling coming over me like the Hulk!! then waves of rage later in the day to me dbols are worse nothing but bloat headache and water bag`d look..M1T do it right even 10mg a day for 4 weeks will give you more results then dbol headache medicine..
That could of been b/c it was Axio also they had a lot of probs for awhile. I've taken upwards of 50mg ed of D-bol and never had headaches and such. Can't take the pumps after awhile so I usually take 20-30mgs ed and I feel awesome from D-bol. Now everyone is differnt D-bol may just do that to you. I've never taken M1T so I can't comment on that, but I do know mg for mg d-bol is one of the strongest steroids created.

Bx87

Awards
What does "Methylated" mean? Does it mean it has been sythesized? How does one methylate a chemical or is this outside of our knowledge?

I know that Methyl has chemical equation CH3 (one carbon and three hydrogen atoms) and it is labeled as a "Methyl Group". If anyone can clear this up for me, I would appreciate it.

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
IDK the chemical synthesis. But mehylated when dealing with steroids means they attach an atom to the steroid making it more bioavailable to the body. I can't remember the exact way it happens bc I'm a little drunk at the moment but basically more steroid gets to the body without breakdown into other sub steroids for lack of a better word at the moment. However being mehylated is also harsher on the liver. Now Imo this is blown way out of proportion but one would still need to be careful and should take precautions when taking mehylated steroids

Hardedge

Awards
What does "Methylated" mean? Does it mean it has been sythesized? How does one methylate a chemical or is this outside of our knowledge?

I know that Methyl has chemical equation CH3 (one carbon and three hydrogen atoms) and it is labeled as a "Methyl Group". If anyone can clear this up for me, I would appreciate it.
17-alpha methylated means there is a methyl group at the 17th carbon in the steroidal structure ( the carbon atoms are numbered) Also methylation is an easy process.

Bx87

Awards
Thank you kbtoy31 and Hardedge for your replies. I also been reading about this last night and seem to get the basics. Now if it can somehow find tools needed to methylate compound. I'm thinking this is where the full chemical sythetic knowledge is required.

Hardedge, you said Methylation is an easy process. Is there certain lab equipment or some sort of chemical process machine needed to methylate a compound ? can average joes be able to do this?

Hardedge

Awards
Thank you kbtoy31 and Hardedge for your replies. I also been reading about this last night and seem to get the basics. Now if it can somehow find tools needed to methylate compound. I'm thinking this is where the full chemical sythetic knowledge is required.

Hardedge, you said Methylation is an easy process. Is there certain lab equipment or some sort of chemical process machine needed to methylate a compound ? can average joes be able to do this?
Well, it's easy "on paper" if you know organic chemistry and steroidal structures. Doing it in real life is more difficult and each hormone has different steps taken to synthesize it. No cut-and-paste-method. And no, average joes wouldnt be able to do this unless they were a resourceful genius.