How many tbsp is 30 grams?

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my whey supplement that arrived didnt come with a scooper, if anyone has a whey supplement thats serving size is 30g~ and could convert it to table spoons for me it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i don't believe all brands of whey protein are equal in weight.
table spoon is a volume measurement while gram is weight.

say want to know how many grams of protein in 4 tbsp of protein powder.
it's a 2-step conversion process. tablespoons are a volume measure, which relates to typical protein powder serving sizes, which are in cc, as follows:

1 cc = 0.0676280451 US tablespoons
so 4 tablespoons = 4/.06763 = 59.1 cc

now look at ur protein powder label & see how many grams protein are in what serving size (cc's) & convert.

say it's 25g protein in 70 cc, like ON whey, then you finish off the calculation as follows:
4 tbsp ON whey = 59.1*25/70 = 21.1g protein

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
are you sure it didn't come with a scoop?
typically if it says serving ~30g then there is a scoop that = 30g.
dig around in your protein and see if you can find one.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i don't believe all brands of whey protein are equal in weight.
table spoon is a volume measurement while gram is weight.

say want to know how many grams of protein in 4 tbsp of protein powder.
it's a 2-step conversion process. tablespoons are a volume measure, which relates to typical protein powder serving sizes, which are in cc, as follows:

1 cc = 0.0676280451 US tablespoons
so 4 tablespoons = 4/.06763 = 59.1 cc

now look at ur protein powder label & see how many grams protein are in what serving size (cc's) & convert.

say it's 25g protein in 70 cc, like ON whey, then you finish off the calculation as follows:
4 tbsp ON whey = 59.1*25/70 = 21.1g protein
Thanks ! yea my GOLD whey has 25g protein per serving. You were exact.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Or, just go to any local drug store or wally world, if you have one, buy a small cooking scale and dump it on the scale to weigh it, then scoop and mix...pretty easy.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are you sure it didn't come with a scoop?
typically if it says serving ~30g then there is a scoop that = 30g.
dig around in your protein and see if you can find one.

Its a huge 5 lb one, I looked and looked for 10 min and could not find it. Ill look again, its ok to put my hand in it? I dont want to contaminate it or anything.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Never mind guys, I found it LOL!

I just went ahead and stuck my hand in there, it was allllll the way at the bottom.

p00ndawg protip: Dont try to fish out your scooper with a spoon, use your hand.

Thanks for all the help tho, at least before my workout i was able to get 4 tbsp worth of whey, HAHA.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Its a huge 5 lb one, I looked and looked for 10 min and could not find it. Ill look again, its ok to put my hand in it? I dont want to contaminate it or anything.
Wash your hands, it's just like handling any other food. You wouldn't put dirty hands on your chicken or any other food items, would you? Its not a matter of contaminating so much as it's just cleanliness.

Why not buy a scale? That' will solve your problems quicker than anything else...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Never mind guys, I found it LOL!

I just went ahead and stuck my hand in there, it was allllll the way at the bottom.

p00ndawg protip: Dont try to fish out your scooper with a spoon, use your hand.

Thanks for all the help tho, at least before my workout i was able to get 4 tbsp worth of whey, HAHA.
LOL

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Use two rounded tbspfuls. Exact weight to volume is not that important with protein. As long as you have a rough idea of what you are getting.