GABA timing and dosing/Creatine dosing

liltexan

Awards
Hey guys, I have a few questions for y'all.

What do you think the best dose is for GABA? I know 2-5 grams is recommended but one which end of that spectrum should I hit? And when is the best time to take it, before bed?

Also, I'm going to be training to enter a contest, so when should I cut creatine out? I mean, I've read that it traps water in the skin (of course) and lower qualities cause bloating, so how many weeks out should I cut the creatine?

Thanks y'all
Lil Texan

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I have a few questions for y'all.

What do you think the best dose is for GABA? I know 2-5 grams is recommended but one which end of that spectrum should I hit? And when is the best time to take it, before bed?

Also, I'm going to be training to enter a contest, so when should I cut creatine out? I mean, I've read that it traps water in the skin (of course) and lower qualities cause bloating, so how many weeks out should I cut the creatine?

Thanks y'all
Lil Texan
You don't have to cut creatine out. You can switch from monohydrate to another creatine that has less or no extra-cellular water retention.

Tri-creatine Orotate (Orotine) by MAN is a very good creatine with the best permeability in my opinion. Cre-02 by Millenium Sports Technologies has the best forms of creatine in a patented delivery system that has not gotten bad feedback. On the contrary, it appears to be the best all around ergogenic according to those who've taken it. Users report a nice leaning effect as well.

As far as GABA, what are you looking to get from it? Don't expect to get GH potentiating results from GABA powder. If you take 200mg to 1,000mg and get good relaxation from it, then be thankful. Not much at all will cross the blood brain barrier. The experiments with higher doses of GABA are pointless and only cause side effects.

liltexan

Awards
thanks for the advice on creatine. i'll have to check that out, and do some more reseach, maybe find an independent study in an e journal library.
yeah i was taking GABA mostly for the relaxation, generally using 2.5 gms/day in 1 dose 1 hr before bed. would you suggest going with ZMA instead? i've used it earlier this year and only heard good things before i began taking it. only could find testimonials though, no case studies