Best fat loss supplement to stack with EC?

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Best fat loss supplement to stack with EC while on a CKD diet (cyclical ketogenic diet, aka no carbs)?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking like DCP
that would be a good one. but i'd think thats about it since most contain stims. maybe a non stim like the controlled labs night time one could be beneficial for night time dosing

BigFish80

BigFish80

Awards
  • Established
Maybe CLA/Sesamin
This in addition to the DCP. Maybe even add in some Napalm if you can get down into the 10%BF range as it will help to bring out those hard to get cuts in the abs. If you were to go EC, DCP, CLA, Sesamin, and Napalm, that would definitely be considered the KITCHEN SINK APPROACH.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
any reason why you're doing EC and not ECA?

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Except in the case of fairly extreme obesity, the 'A' component has almost no utility combined with the EC stack.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
I would drop the aspirin if you were gonna take it and def pick up some DCP. Especially on a CKD, you will notice good results from DCP. If you have a little extra money to spend then using something like Anabolic Pump on your carb uptake days is a very nice addition. I would only use it on the carb uptake days though and then use the rest of it when you come off your CKD that way you wont gain much back from going back to eating carbs as normal.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
I see no reason not to include it.

Aspirin is included in the ECA stack to help prolong the effects of ephedrine. Basically as a normalizing procedure the body reacts to ephedrine by producing prostaglandins and adenosine outside the cell, and phosphodiesterase inside the cell. Inside the cell, it has been found that methylxanthines, like caffeine, inhibit the activities of phosphodiesterase. Stimulation of the beta receptors by ephedrine (via noradrenaline) causes an increase of cAMP (cyclic adenosine monophosphate) within the cell. This crucial part of the process that leads to thermogenesis is vulnerable because cAMP is degraded by phosphodiesterase. Outside the cell, aspirin inhibits the peripheral synthesis of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins inhibit the release of noradrenaline in the synaptic junction (before receptor stimulation). So in other words without aspirin (and caffeine), the beta agonistic qualities of ephedrine (via noradrenaline) are practically negated by prostaglandins. Thermogenesis is prolonged because aspirin interferes with this negative feedback mechanism!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly if you feel you need to add something in and you are looking at CLA/Sesamin, try Animal Omega. Good overall source of a variety of EFA's as well as CLA/Sesamin

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Except in the case of fairly extreme obesity, the 'A' component has almost no utility combined with the EC stack.
alright did not know that. i'm gonna be runnin some albuterol with DCP soon, should be pretty good. anybody know if u should take caffeine with albuterol like u do with ephedrine?

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
I see no reason not to include it.
I have not seen a study in which 'A' is shown to have a significant impact on the EC stack. If you are concerned about E's half-life, you could cut the dosage in half and go 6x/d rather than 3x/d.

Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1996 Feb;20(2):91-7.

Post-prandial thermogenesis with ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin in lean, pre-disposed obese and obese women.
Horton TJ, Geissler CA.
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, King's College, University of London, Kensington, UK.

OBJECTIVE: To determine whether or not aspirin further potentiates the greater post-prandial thermogenesis induced by ephedrine with caffeine. DESIGN: Determination of the acute metabolic rate response to the following treatments: 1050 kJ liquid meal (M); meal plus ephedrine (30 mg) and caffeine (100 mg) (MEC) or meal plus ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin (300 mg) (MECA). SUBJECTS: Lean, pre-disposed obese and obese women (n = 10 each group). MEASUREMENTS: Pre- and post-treatment metabolic rate determinations via indirect calorimetry. Post-treatment measurements made at 20 min intervals for a total of 160 min. RESULTS: In all groups, metabolic rate increased significantly more following the MEC or MECA, compared to the meal only (p < 0.05). The obese group had a significantly greater absolute increase in metabolic rate following the MECA and MEC compared to both the lean and pre-disposed obese groups (p < 0.05). Metabolic rate remained elevated at the end of the 160 min following all treatments. CONCLUSION: Aspirin does not further potentiate the acute thermic effect of ephedrine and caffeine with a meal. However, the full thermogenic response was not measured and longer duration studies are necessary to confirm these results

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
CONCLUSION: Aspirin does not further potentiate the acute thermic effect of ephedrine and caffeine with a meal. However, the full thermogenic response was not measured and longer duration studies are necessary to confirm these results.
Meaning it doesn't increase the thermic effect on food, but they need to do further testing to see if it can lengthen the effectiveness of the ephedrine. I agree that a good strategy would be to take smaller doses more frequently though.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
a good cort blocker or topical would go nicely