Just bought some BCAA's...

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Just bought some BCAA's...

Ok guys I just got myself my first tub of BCAA powder, 1kg...
    the pack says to take 1-5grams daily in water/juice... I think ill do juice as in water it tastes **** and disolves funny...

the pack says 100% pure parmaceutical bcaas, 25% valine, 50% leucine, 25% isoleucine <-- if it matters to any chemists out there?

now my question is this... I am lifting 3x a week and doing cardio on my off days roughly 30-45mins after I wake up, low intensity >60-70% MHR for up to 1hour.... before breakfast, so I was advised to buy this to prevent muscle loss while im doing it

I'm just wondering as to what are your suggestions for those of you who have had experience with this on how to take it, the pack says 1-5g daily... ive heard of people taking a lot more? so is this sufficient?

and should I still take it on lifting days? and if so... before I lift, after, or before bed to possibly reduce and muscle losses during sleep?

on my off days where I cardio my plan is to take 5g of this roughly 20-30mins before along with 1.5- scoops of whey in a seperate drink.... once im done cardio, have another whey shake then breakfast 30min after

last q... im taking creatine atm too, should I take my creatine with the bcaa in the same shake? (ie if u guys recommend to take the bcaa before weight training/after as i take 5g pre and post) and.... to mix in my creatine with it in the mornings before I do my cardio? (just wondering if 3 supps like that isnt 'over doing' it ie they'll all get efficiently absorbed

thanks!

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

2:1:1 is the standard ratio. I take 10g BCAA's pre-fasted cardio, and another 10g during. You can up it, to 15g and 15g if you wish. Don't mix it with whey ; that will mess with the digestion.

On lifting days, sip on it intra-workout, 10g should be good.

What form of creatine? Mono needs glucose as a transporter, so take it with ur 1st carb meal post-WO, and also a pre-WO carb meal if you have it.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

i dont take anything to the gym with me so i might just do the bcaa (10g) when i get home with my creatine..?

the creatine(mono) pre and post (altho the guy said 'dont listen to anyone just drink it with water' im starting to mix it with juice) and have a banana with it...

i usually try seperate my creatine(and bcaa now) about 15mins apart from my whey shake

so on my off days where I cardio I think I'll do 5g creatine pre with 10g bcaa? - 15mins later whey shake

when im done... either whey shake first, 15min gap and then 5g creatine with another 10g bcaa?
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Invest in a blender/shaker bottle so you can sip on the BCAA's in the gym. It's a bodybuilding necessity. Any athlete has a waterbottle!

Good call on the carbs w/ creatine mono. No need to separate the BCAA's and Creatine, they utilize different absorption pathways, no competition. For fasted cardio, preWO just do BCAA"s, your whey shake wont digest in time, and digests MUCH slower than BCAA's (Free Form Amino Acids).

When done, Whey shake with creatine + carbs (Banana, Ground Oats, etc). You should have sipped 10g BCAA's during your workout.

Look into HIIT (Sprint) Training, will help you burn fat by increasing your metabolism. I suggest doing 2 -5 mins warmup, Then 10 sprints, Start with 30s Sprint, 60s rest, and work your way down to a 1:1 ratio. 5 minute cooldown .
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

nah i was told by others to not bother with hiit
    im not looking to get ripped
    just take off a few inches off the waist
    hiit will take out energy levels on me i dont want to lose anything when it comes to the barbell

i was told by others as well to do whey before my cardio... whey is fast absorbing?

you got any suggestions how to make the bcaa disolve better this thing is crappy...

also if u can, explain exactly what type of water bottle ur talking about... i think i know what u mean but if u have any suggestions on good types it will be appreciated

cheers
    im off to do my 1hr now
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Answers

bulk bcaa's are not suppose to dissolve properly...they are polar (i think or non-polar one of them)...so just man up...put 15grams in a shaker take them 2-4 times a day and your set...
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

15g... 2-4x daily? wah
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    15g... 2-4x daily? wah
    YES 2-4 times per day...Once pre AM cardio, again post AM cardio...once preworkout and/or intra-workout, and again post workout...pretty much exactly what steveoph said....
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

ah... but i dont do my cardio on lifting days... so?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Answers

then just dont take the post AM cardio shake...just take the pre AM cardio first thing in the morning b4 ur breakfast...simple huh...
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

lol yeah, so 10g just once pre cardio is enough? or should i do another 10g while/after (thats the confusion :S sorry...)

then on the SEPERATE lifting day, i presume 10g pre and... 10g during/post?
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Invest in a blender/shaker bottle so you can sip on the BCAA's in the gym. It's a bodybuilding necessity. Any athlete has a waterbottle!

Good call on the carbs w/ creatine mono. No need to separate the BCAA's and Creatine, they utilize different absorption pathways, no competition. For fasted cardio, preWO just do BCAA"s, your whey shake wont digest in time, and digests MUCH slower than BCAA's (Free Form Amino Acids).

When done, Whey shake with creatine + carbs (Banana, Ground Oats, etc). You should have sipped 10g BCAA's during your workout.

Look into HIIT (Sprint) Training, will help you burn fat by increasing your metabolism. I suggest doing 2 -5 mins warmup, Then 10 sprints, Start with 30s Sprint, 60s rest, and work your way down to a 1:1 ratio. 5 minute cooldown .
    sorry, i dont really mean to hijack Im just wondering what you do if your gym doesnt allow anything but water to be drunken in their facilities?

Great thread!
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by soseg View Post
    lol yeah, so 10g just once pre cardio is enough? or should i do another 10g while/after (thats the confusion :S sorry...)

then on the SEPERATE lifting day, i presume 10g pre and... 10g during/post?

Yes i believe that is correct. Read my thread some useful info.

The bcaa's are supposed to help with muscle maintenance and rebuilding.

anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/115243-non-workout-days.html

EDIT: I dont wanna hijack and be totally useless.
  14. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by p00ndawg View Post
    sorry, i dont really mean to hijack Im just wondering what you do if your gym doesnt allow anything but water to be drunken in their facilities?

Great thread!
    You mean you arent allowed to sip BCAA's? I would try and put them in a tiny ziploc container, and dump 1/3 down just before starting my workout, 1/3 1/2 way thru, and the last 1/3 at the end. Do something like 20g of BCAA's and eyeball it. If you get unflavoured BCAA's the water will still be pretty clear, but I know how strict some are.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Answers

nah its cool any suggestions are welcome, no time now but ill be sure to read tomorrow! bed time now, thanks poon!
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    You mean you arent allowed to sip BCAA's? I would try and put them in a tiny ziploc container, and dump 1/3 down just before starting my workout, 1/3 1/2 way thru, and the last 1/3 at the end. Do something like 20g of BCAA's and eyeball it. If you get unflavoured BCAA's the water will still be pretty clear, but I know how strict some are.

nope nothing allowed in gym other than water. Absolutely nothing. Basically you cant take your own containers inside the gym, BUT I suppose I could be sneaky and take a bottle in my gym bag and go into the restroom and sip. The employees never go in the restroom/locker room.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 11:07 AM
  2. What was the first gun you bought
    By airram479 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
  3. New BCAA/EAA Flavors and more BCAA's
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 06:18 PM