B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Benefits of B Complex

The B vitamins, grouped together are often called B-complex. B-complex is comprised of 8 different vitamins, thiamine (or B1), riboflavin (or B2), niacin (or B3), pyridoxine (or B6), folic acid (or B9), cyanocobalamin (or B12), pantothenic acid and biotin. These vitamins are essencial for the following:

* The breakdown of carbohydrates into glucose (this provides energy for the body)

* The breakdown of fats and proteins (which aids the normal functioning of the nervous system)

* Muscle tone in the stomach and intestinal tract

* Skin

* Hair

* Eyes

* Mouth

* Liver

Another great way to get your B-complex vitamins is through the foods you eat. Some of the foods you eat that contain the B-complex vitamins are:

* Potatoes

* bananas

* brewer's yeast

* lentils

* chili peppers

* turkey

* tuna

* liver

Yet another way to get your B-complex vitamins through supplements that you can find at a nutrition store. Make sure to read the bottle for the correct dosage. As is true with any supplement or vitamin, too much B-complex is not good for your system. Be sure to moderate your intake appropriately.

A healthy dose of B-complex can help people who suffer from immune and nervous system conditions, depression, stress, and metabolic problems. It also promotes healthy cell growth, especially red blood cells. This is helpful for people who may suffer from anemia.

All in all, B-complex offers something to everyone, even if it is only to promote healthy skin and muscle tone. Who doesn't want that!

The easiest way to purchase your vitamins is to have them delivered to your front door!

Carolyn offers Nutritional Tips for You as well as a variety of other tips that are found at her website: Tips-For-You.com. Please stop by and suggest a topic for the next tip to see your Name In Lights on the top of that topic page!

By: Carolyn Bassett

purebred

i've been told in the past the B vitamins work better when taken together/ in a complex (synergy). does this claim hold any water?

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
i've been told in the past the B vitamins work better when taken together/ in a complex (synergy). does this claim hold any water?

me too, aren't there specifically important ones. I noticed on my multi's the B vitamins % are all over the place.

purebred

me too, aren't there specifically important ones. I noticed on my multi's the B vitamins % are all over the place.
every vitamin and mineral plays an individual yet essential role in supporting good health and well-being imho. when it comes to b vitamin amounts in supplements, especially a multi, some companies tend to fall short with certain nutrients. biotin (one of the b vitamins) being one of them in many instances. i'm sure there's more of them but i remember reading about biotin being one of the most neglected nutrients in many multis and even other supplements. it costs money to put together a supplement and some nutrients costs more expensive than others, hence the inconsistencies in many supps.

100% DV is a bare minimum for me when choosing a multi although i've been looking into ODIs as of lately. interesting stuff.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd guess that niacin is underdosed in most run of the mill Bcomplexes. But we have to remember that the general public might dial 911 if they felt a niacin flush :lol: Plus as a general health supplement, I'd bet there's a much lower RDA than for using it as a cholesterol "pseudo-treatment"