Newbie needs to lose loads of fat & gain muscle - where to begin with supplements?

boliver46

Awards
Newbie needs to lose loads of fat & gain muscle - where to begin with supplements?

Hi all,

I'm 6'4" about 290 lbs. with a much higher body fat % than I'd like. I work out routinely, and the diet isn't the best, but I need to get that "edge" I seem to see everywhere I look. I need something to help push me off this plateau so I can lose the bodyfat (don't care what I weigh as long as I look/feel good).

I need help figuring out where to begin with supplementation to help cut me down quite a bit. As you can tell, I DON'T need additional mass, so promoting existing lean muscle seems to be key.

What supplements would you recommend to lose fat/weight (if applicable) and gain definition/cut to my form? I've seen a bunch of posts with various shortened names for supplements that I don't know the first clue of what they are...if you can give me the full names, dosage/cycle information that would be AWESOME.

Thanks in advance for all your help - look forward to getting some insight.

Thanks!

-Brett

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
1st best thing to do would be to get your diet nailed down correctly....and then a training plan that includes something for Fatloss...

Would you like to post your current eating times and what your meals consist of?

Best to get diet and training spot on before taking any supplements, otherwise you'll be disappointed with the results you get lol :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Steps to follow:
1.) Dial in your diet. Nutrition is 60-75% of progress made (give or take.)
2.) Get a good training program down, that focuses on compound lifts, such as squats, deadlifts, bench, rows, pullups and overhead press.
3.) Find a cardio medium you like (treadmill, bike, jog, basketball) and practice it on the days you don't lift.
4.) Acquire a multi vitamin, protein shake, fish oil for supplements. Drink green tea.
5.) Rinse and repeat. Once you have 1-4 dialed in, you can look into REDuction + DCP stack for fatloss products.

Follow these 5 steps and work hard, you'll get the results your looking for!

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Possible items to try, manufacturer/product

RPN - Atomic meltdown
Avant research - Napalm
LG - LipoBURN
Primordial Performance - Dermatherm

or try the transdermal forum and search for a homemade recipe using yohimine

of corse you could use oral upplements, try a search for the ECA stack

These items may provide you the motivation you seek however they are "supplements"
try to eat freq./often to keep matabolism going. By saying diet I don't mean eat less or starve yourself but rather try to modify what foods you eat and make healthy substitutions/choices. Diet is your key search AM tons of good info.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
I agree with the above as far as diet is concerned. That is crucial and critical. Diet can mean simply a reorganization and planned way to eat. Not the Nicole Ritchie 'diet.' Try to look at food as "what is this going to do for me? How is this going to help me reach MY goals?" Being aware of what's going in your system will sometimes help you put down any junk or at least prolong the 'cheat meal' for another day. I eat one junk food type meal a week, sometimes two. I highly suggest keeping a food log. Keep track of the macros in your meals, i.e. protein, carbs and fat. Aim at 275 or more for protein, try cutting carbs down to around 350, and fat to 60 grams. If this makes you feel tired and workouts are sluggish, then obviously my adivce and numbers are a little low for YOU. The protein quota is 1 to 1.5 grams per pound of body weight, however 300 grams of protein is tough to get down, especially right away. And that's quality carbs by the who. Whole grain, whole wheat everything. Tons of good diet info in AM!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Steps to follow:
1.) Dial in your diet. Nutrition is 60-75% of progress made (give or take.)
2.) Get a good training program down, that focuses on compound lifts, such as squats, deadlifts, bench, rows, pullups and overhead press.
3.) Find a cardio medium you like (treadmill, bike, jog, basketball) and practice it on the days you don't lift.
4.) Acquire a multi vitamin, protein shake, fish oil for supplements. Drink green tea.
5.) Rinse and repeat. Once you have 1-4 dialed in, you can look into REDuction + DCP stack for fatloss products.

Follow these 5 steps and work hard, you'll get the results your looking for!
This is why the vast majority of people are over weight. Take a walk thought any Walmart and look at the average size of people and you will see it.

The above IS the way to do it. It isn't pretty, it isn't sexy and it IS tough.

But it works and works VERY well. It is a day to day thing over a number of months not a quick 4 or even 8 week thing.

Great advice.

boliver46

Awards
Awesome advice all - greatly appreciate it. You walk into a GNC, you get pointed at a stack of supplements with little to no direction. If you walk into your local gym and ask questions, you're pointed towards the "flavor of the month" or whatever supplement they have a sweetheart deal with.

As far as diet, I've done the Bill Phillips EAS program a couple times with decent successes, but then i fall back into the old routines. Wife, kids, work...me time always falls to the wayside and my bad habits return - especially when i hit a bad spot and can't seem to make progress. Not looking for a silver bullet or easy way out - just something to keep the gains coming.

I'll look into the supplements posted above and try to keep posting on progress!

Thanks SO much all!