Supplements to help lose weight while gaining muscle?

kevinrome

Awards
hey im 19 and im around 5'10" and weigh roughly 200 lbs. I am looking for something that can help me loose weight while gaining muscle. Can anyone suggest any products that i can look into?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i would say that's impossible because if u gain muscle ur going to gain weight. do one or the other not both

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Not impossible, he means recomp. I'm not too familiar with any great recomp tools, but a lot of people like recreate/anabolic pump. I would imagine ALCAR+DCP as well as a generic mass-building supplement would work very well, too, as they're both non-stim.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
Most people who recomp set two goals and achieve neither. It's better to dedicate yourself to a single goal, research everything about it and set about achieving it.

In this case it seems like you would be better off doing a cut and leave putting on muscle until you reach 10% BF.

In terms of supplements for a cut, nothing beats an EC stack. I have done a post on the scientific studies on the effectiveness of the EC stack before here, to give you an idea of what to expect from it.

But really the bottom line is you need to research your goals thoroughly and apply the fundamentals you learn with consistency, rather than expecting supplements to perform miracles for you.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to agree with space. It's very possible to maintain while cutting fat, but very hard to make big gains while still losing fat. It's the "chase 2 hares and catch none" principle.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Diet + training routine needs to be down first. Check out the training/weight loss forums here lots of good threads in there. Make sure you cut way down on carbs and increase your protein intake. As far as supplements I love DCP + Hyperdrol X2.

attelocin

Awards
what about doing this on an eca stack aswell

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
only way to lose fat and gain muscle is with roids, or with a very experienced lifter with a perfect diet.

KeyHAWK

KeyHAWK

Awards
only way to lose fat and gain muscle is with roids, or with a very experienced lifter with a perfect diet.
I have to disagree with you on this. I know a lot of people who do a clean bulk with a nature test booster and gain muscle and loose fat. Most of the poeple used Mass fx or a atd. You can do it on a cut too. Diet is the key

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump and BCAA/EAA would be good.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I have to disagree with you on this. I know a lot of people who do a clean bulk with a nature test booster and gain muscle and loose fat. Most of the poeple used Mass fx or a atd. You can do it on a cut too. Diet is the key
yea, with a perfect diet i said and mass fx isn't an atd

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
I disagree with a lot being said here in this thread. Gaining muscle while losing weight is not that difficult, let alone impossible (w/o taking anything, natural or not). Maybe if you're already at 8% bf this may be tough, but if you really have a good amount weight to lose, lifting weights and doing cardio while in a calorie deficit will definitly give you results on both ends if your diet is on track. I have had lots of success with recomps. I would say the most valuable supplement I ever spent my money on was protein. I know it's obvious, but nothing is more important in a recomp. You need to eat very clean and still get plenty of protein in order to continue building muscle.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I disagree with a lot being said here in this thread. Gaining muscle while losing weight is not that difficult, let alone impossible (w/o taking anything, natural or not). Maybe if you're already at 8% bf this may be tough, but if you really have a good amount weight to lose, lifting weights and doing cardio while in a calorie deficit will definitly give you results on both ends if your diet is on track. I have had lots of success with recomps. I would say the most valuable supplement I ever spent my money on was protein. I know it's obvious, but nothing is more important in a recomp. You need to eat very clean and still get plenty of protein in order to continue building muscle.
Agreed. All I do is recomp and I build muscle/stay lean and/or lose weight just fine.
Comes down to diet, and how much you workout, what intensity etc.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
maybe for an experienced lifter who knows their body. i dont think the OP has any clue what he's doing

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. All I do is recomp and I build muscle/stay lean and/or lose weight just fine.
Comes down to diet, and how much you workout, what intensity etc.
Yep I'm the same... this is actually a preferred method of trainiing for a lot of endo types.

The difference is you will not shed fat extremely quickly but you can build muscle at a reasonable pace. The more patient you are the better you'll do, that is why permanent recomp can be very successful. Diet is the key you eat around maintenance or just under depending on your goals. Personally I eat maintenance and I stay basically the same weight while I lose fat at around 1% per month (that's a good month).

Now supplementation. I am very experienced so I have learned a few things about my body and how it responds to certain products. While diet is foremost supps can aid me. I try to cover both ends of my goals by keeping my test high and estrogen low and sometimes throw in something to help burn fat. Recreate is a good product for recomp as it helps preserve mass. Don't expect miracles but if your patient you will see steady improvment at an enhanced level.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Definitely Anabolic Pump. It helps you to gain muscle by super saturating muscles with glucose and amino acids which causes cell volumization. It helps with fat loss since it increases AMPk.

Diet, cardio and hard training is the best way to reach these goals but AP will definitely help.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
my point was that the guy asked what supplement will help him do this and no supplement will. good training and diet will and a nutrient partitioner like AP, p-slin, or one of the other ones will give u a little help buy will by no means do anything for someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my point was that the guy asked what supplement will help him do this and no supplement will. good training and diet will and a nutrient partitioner like AP, p-slin, or one of the other ones will give u a little help buy will by no means do anything for someone who doesn't know what they are doing.
Yah well that's always true...