Muscle Milk Affect on Triglycerides

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, but could you perceive drinking a Muscle Milk shake 8-9 hours prior to blood test cause an elevated level of triglycerides?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, but could you perceive drinking a Muscle Milk shake 8-9 hours prior to blood test cause an elevated level of triglycerides?
Blood test for what? I'm assuming that you're asking this question because the "blood test" is going to test for triglyc. and possibly cholesterol?

If that's the case, I believe you should be in a fasted state and the nurse would/should have told you this. My last blood panel required that I fast for at least 10 hrs.

Muslce Milk has quite a bit of fat and cholesterol in it the last time I checked.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Blood test for what? I'm assuming that you're asking this question because the "blood test" is going to test for triglyc. and possibly cholesterol?

If that's the case, I believe you should be in a fasted state and the nurse would/should have told you this. My last blood panel required that I fast for at least 10 hrs.

Muslce Milk has quite a bit of fat and cholesterol in it the last time I checked.
Yes, it was for a blood test prior to going on Accutane. I got the results and I had elevated trigylcerides. I was told only 8 hours to fast for, but with those primarily being sleep, i would think the body would be in a much slower state. I was also drinking a couple beers right prior to the 8hrs as well. Came home, drank a muscle milk RTD and hit the sack. I go for more blood work in the next month and will be sure to lay off all that stuff for at least 10 hrs prior.