Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey - AnabolicMinds.com

Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey

1. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey

Hey everyone. Have not posted here in a long time. Anyway, I got a wal-mart gift card and decided to get some protein with it since I really have no money for supplements. I had a questions about the product so I wrote to the company. I thought you guys might enjoy reading my question and the response they sent me. So here it is,

To info@bodyfortress.com
    cc
    Subject Super Advanced Whey Protein

I had a Wal-Mart gift card for Christmas so I decided to try some of your Whey. I purchased two 5 pounder Chocolates, and 1 2 Pound Cookies and Creme. They didn't have any other flavors in the 5 pound, they just had Chocolate and Vanilla. I just tried the Cookies and Creme today. It is ok tasting, but I get a grainy aftertaste and some graininess at the bottom of my cup. I mix in a blender with Milk. Anyway, I am wondering if what that graniness is?. Is the Creatine that you use in the formula Micronized?. If it doesn't dissolve well than I'm not sure how that would affect absobtion... Anyway just thought I would drop you a line and let you know I tried your products, and if you would answer my questions that would be great also. Thanks!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Body Fortress through our website. We appreciate your interest in our products.

The gritty residue you are observing are the creatine monohydrate and amino acids. Creatine and amino acids are insoluble and will eventually fall to the bottom of the glass. This is normal. It is okay to keep shaking as needed.

Thank you again for contacting Body Fortress. If you have any further questions, our Consumer Affairs Representatives can be reached toll-free at 1-800-215-5980, Monday through Friday, 9am-7pm EST. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Kindest regards,

Jennifer

I didn't think creatine and amino acids were insoluble????. Also the response I receved was from an email "UsNutritionInc". So thats kind of strange to me....

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

I imagine it depends on what kind it was (ie micronized). The bulk Creatine Mono that comes from nutraplanet doesn't dissolve very well either, so I imagine they use the same form which is understandable, due to it's cheap price.

Don't know about Amino acids though. All I've ever used is X-tend and that dissolves fine.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  135 lbs.

**** it man, its cheap and it works, only thing better for the price is muscle milk (monster gains)
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ctxfinest View Post
    **** it man, its cheap and it works, only thing better for the price is muscle milk (monster gains)
    ...Rrrrriiiiiggghhhtttt....
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    Don't know about Amino acids though. All I've ever used is X-tend and that dissolves fine.
    I know leucine is insoluble. IIRC it repels water.

I know I add BCAA's to my drinks and always rinse the glass and drink the residue.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post

I know I add BCAA's to my drinks and always rinse the glass and drink the residue.
    Yea I do the same. This Body Fortress products actually taste pretty good. You get 5g of creatine monohydrate per serving and a decent amount of BCAA's.

I was always told the white particles inside of the protein was from the taurine. I definitely do not think it is the creatine monohydrate, normally creatine particles are not that large in size. It definitely could be the amino acids; glutamine is pretty chunky (unless it is micro).
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

what you should really take into consideration is the cost of this product? do you honestly think they're making that much money off this product? protein powder isn't cheap to make and this product is 14.95 at walmart for a 2 pounder. yea right, it doesn't have in it what's on the label. i'm a snob.

i would look into the BCAA and EAA count more than anything. these two are the most important things to look at when buying a protein powder.

plus it's got 95mg of cholestrol in it. NO THANKS
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by alexx33 View Post
    what you should really take into consideration is the cost of this product? do you honestly think they're making that much money off this product? protein powder isn't cheap to make and this product is 14.95 at walmart for a 2 pounder. yea right, it doesn't have in it what's on the label. i'm a snob.
    It's totally possible to have it at that price, especially since it's whey concentrate. It's cheap...and if they make their own it would be even cheaper.

i would look into the BCAA and EAA count more than anything. these two are the most important things to look at when buying a protein powder.
    I assume you mean in addition to the BCAA and EAA that occur naturally in the protein. Not every company adds additional BCAA and/or EAA to the protein, and of the two I'd rather have additional BCAA.

That's necessarily not a bad thing, the body uses cholesterol to make hormones...like testosterone.

My EAS whey has 70 mg.
  9. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yup sure is hard to mix at first. Not that big of an issue but after a min it will fully dissolve.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.

It's totally possible to have it at that price, especially since it's whey concentrate. It's cheap...and if they make their own it would be even cheaper.

I assume you mean in addition to the BCAA and EAA that occur naturally in the protein. Not every company adds additional BCAA and/or EAA to the protein, and of the two I'd rather have additional BCAA.

That's necessarily not a bad thing, the body uses cholesterol to make hormones...like testosterone.

My EAS whey has 70 mg.
    You read my mind.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

I use this protien all the time and love it with 7 grams of added bcaa's and 5 grams of creatine plus taurine and glutamine you can't beat it. I think the big crystals you can see before mixing is the taurine. The grit is the creatine mono. Creatine mono is not water soluable no matter how micronized it is.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  152 lbs.

man i used to bodyfortress all the time but i never came across the 5 pounders. the cookies and cream tasted the best imo especially with low fat milk.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by alexx33 View Post

but the body needs cholestrol to convert them in T but maybe this cholestrol is in MCT form?
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

In The Blueprint, I reveal why these cheap wheys aren't such a great buy. Because sometimes, its what they DON'T tell you on the label that you have to look out for!

Long story short: Wheys like this are heat processed up to 170 degrees. That means denaturing of the protein, rendering MANY of those label claims related to building glutathione, increasing nitrogen retention/IGF-1 expression moot.

Sad but true. You get what you pay for...
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.

bigrobbierob is on point! I really cant add anything to this.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Long story short: Wheys like this are heat processed up to 170 degrees. That means denaturing of the protein, rendering MANY of those label claims related to building glutathione, increasing nitrogen retention/IGF-1 expression moot.
    During the pasteurization process the milk goes through...which I'm sure just about everyone does. Whey is after all, a byproduct of making cheese so the heating is necessary.

Otherwise I fail to see how filters or ion exchange denature anything, especially with 170* heat.

And the expressions are figured after the product is made, that is how we know the different ratios and can compare them in concentrate, isolate, and hydrolyzed. Since they are figured afterwards, they are not moot.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

14 bucks for 2 pounds of protein. why don't you just buy ATW protein from nutra? its cheaper and much better tasting.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Not all wheys are pasteurized/heated in this manner. A very few are still cold processed. Not "low heat". Cold processed with all of the aforementioned gluathione building, growth factors etc. retained.

And they are worth the extra $, IMO.
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Having communicated it someone that actually supplies protein to the companies, I have found out that whey comes as a byproduct from cheese and under US law dairy products MUST be pasteurized and there is a minimum temperature in which it must be done.

He has been in contact with what he said he believes is the ONE company (located in France) which makes whey straight from milk. They claim in their literature that it has a higher BV and other growth factors and sub-fractions. They claim about 2% higher leucine.

Does he think it would be better than the whey we are used to? Yes, but not dramatically. Any difference in results would be one over a period of time.

The downside is that it doesn't mix with a spoon well at all since it doesn't come "instantize" and he will have to do that himself at his factory.

Plus, as I said, he supplies some supplement companies and he doesn't even have it yet...it will be another month or two.
  20. Senior Member

first of all, lol at muscle milk being the second most cost effective way to build muscle after body fortress.

second of all, why are people scared of cholesterol? especially 95mg ? they have like 165mg in a single egg. also, it isn't conclusive that dietary cholesterol correlates with total cholesterol in your body.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

Having communicated it someone that actually supplies protein to the companies, I have found out that whey comes as a byproduct from cheese and under US law dairy products MUST be pasteurized and there is a minimum temperature in which it must be done.
    back before bodybuilding was popular, and during arnolds time, a lot of companies just dumped it out - it was considered the "waste product" for making cheese.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Try maximum absorbed protein by premordial performances, it has peptopro, its smaller and is absorbed better. Basically 10g of this protein is like 20-30g of other protein. Its also full of amino acids. Very good priced too, $29.95 for 27 servings! I just picked up a tub today
  23. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by trojanman1016 View Post
    Try maximum absorbed protein by premordial performances, it has peptopro, its smaller and is absorbed better. Basically 10g of this protein is like 20-30g of other protein. Its also full of amino acids. Very good priced too, $29.95 for 27 servings! I just picked up a tub today

that's not true at all.

sorry.
    For me, the action IS the juice.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 02:28 PM
  2. super creatine high performance by body fortress
    By saywhatxp in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 01:30 PM
  3. Body Fortress Advanced Creatine: Any Thoughts??
    By teribleturtle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM
  4. Body Fortress Whey Protein White Particles
    By drivehard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 10:18 PM
  5. Body Fortress Whey Protein
    By jpb8200 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 07:35 PM