B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bodybuilding Side Effects of Creatine Supplements

When a person is targeting for bigger body mass, he or she usually intakes bodybuilding supplements aside from having rigorous exercise. These supplements helps in building muscle mass and lose fat. Aside from that, these supplements are also helpful in aiding that person to improve at sports performance.

There is a huge collection of bodybuilding supplements in the market. Each of these supplements works differently to be able to help the person achieve the body mass that he or she wants. One of the most common bodybuilding supplements in the market is called creatine.

Creatine is an organic acid that was proven by several studies to give our muscle cells energy. Aside from giving our cells a burst of energy, creatine is also known to give strength, muscle mass and reduce recovery time for tired muscles. This organic acid is also proven to help the brain as well because of its ability to improve recognition memory, mental fatigue reduction and improve brain function. Because of its popularity, different forms of creatine supplements are now available like creatine monohydrate, creatine anhydrous, creatine citrate, creatine phosphate, creatine malate, creatine tartrate, creatine HMB, creatine ester, creatine titrate, liquid creatine, creatine gum and magnesium creatine.

However, there has been news circulating that creatine cause several side effects on one?s body. One of the side effects being linked to creatine is related to kidney problems. Some people pointed out that long-term use of creatine might cause kidney stones to some users. But, solid evidence against creatine with regard to this ailment has not been provided.

Another side effect being pointed to creatine is renal stress. This condition will be triggered when a person with existing renal or kidney problems drink creatine. A person might also feel bloated but it could be due to the feeling of gaining mass.

The only proven side effect of creatine to the human body is diarrhea. However, this happened because the athletes using creatine took more than the prescribed amount of creatine. Diarrhea was immediately resolved after reducing the dosage.

Generally speaking, there has been no full proof evidence against the long-term use of creatine. Most of the allegations for this product do not have a strong data that the observed side effects are due to creatine. There are people that suspects that side effects happen on case-to-case basis and might vary according to the form of creatine. Only the over dosage of creatine linked with diarrhea has been proven and it is just logical since it is not really advisable to drink more than the prescribed amount of medication.

Caitlina Fuller is a freelance writer. Each of these supplements works differently to be able to help the person achieve the body mass that he or she wants. One of the most common bodybuilding supplements in the market is called creatine. Because of its popularity, different forms of creatine supplements are now available like creatine monohydrate, creatine anhydrous, creatine citrate, creatine phosphate, creatine malate, creatine tartrate, creatine HMB, creatine ester, creatine titrate, liquid creatine, creatine gum and magnesium creatine.

By: Caitlina Fuller

BBR

BBR

Awards
I myself suffered bladde and kidney problems that may doctor attributed to over use of creatine. It WAS my fault as far as I see it. I was taking approximately 10-12g of creatine a day for 6 months without a break. As a result I had what the doctor described as 'sediment' in my kidneys, tiny creatine crystals or pieces. I had terrible pain when I urinated and a whole bunch of other slightly more embarrassing side effects.
Regardless, once I stopped the creatine and drank a stupid amount of water for a while, it sorted itself out.

gismo0184

Awards
When you're taking creatine you should be drinking 120 + ounces of water a day and use it for 12 weeks then give your kidneys a break for at least 4 weeks. I've been using creatine like this for ten years and the worst that's happened to me is dehydration on the days I didn't drink enough water.

I know it's been said before and I'll say it again, water is the most important thing you can put into your body.

DarkDragon

Awards
Interesting, I had high Creatinine levels, and stopped taking creatine for 6 weeks, we will see what happens in 2 weeks when I go back in for another lab.

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
while on creatine would you guys recommend cycling it on and off, and would this prevent any possible side effects?

i know that drinking a lot of water is necessary but i do that regardless of what supplements i am taking... sorry if this is a dumb question but i am just trying to be informed :D

Rich

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
yes be sure to cycle it properly some say 4 weeks some go more judge how you feel and go from there, either way take a few months off every now and then to avoid possible kidney problems.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
i take 2.8 grams post workout, and have just recently been taking 2.8g preworkout
i have outstanding results
i buy NP bulk mono and its 700mg per 1/4 tespoon and i use a half tespoon
2 scoops and its 2.8g

and cycling it its a personal preferance
ive used creatine stright for 2 years and nothing
had mi kidneys xrayd and im 100%
now ur body can down regulate creatine transportion
the most ive been off was a week, never has the effects dimishd or have had any sides except for some acosional duce jucie! lmao!!

O and gess wat i found out!!!! i read about drinking it stright but didnt like the taste
but i did it anyway
hot water 2.8gs let it dizzolve then fill the rest of the cup up with cold water and gulp
like 5 or 6oz i think but man its soo quick, just bam and thes mi creatine for the day
and the taste like old water thats it

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
yes be sure to cycle it properly some say 4 weeks some go more judge how you feel and go from there, either way take a few months off every now and then to avoid possible kidney problems.
i think i am going to try cycle one month on 2 weeks off, what do you think about that?

i take 2.8 grams post workout, and have just recently been taking 2.8g preworkout
i have outstanding results
i buy NP bulk mono and its 700mg per 1/4 tespoon and i use a half tespoon
2 scoops and its 2.8g

and cycling it its a personal preferance
ive used creatine stright for 2 years and nothing
had mi kidneys xrayd and im 100%
now ur body can down regulate creatine transportion
the most ive been off was a week, never has the effects dimishd or have had any sides except for some acosional duce jucie! lmao!!

O and gess wat i found out!!!! i read about drinking it stright but didnt like the taste
but i did it anyway
hot water 2.8gs let it dizzolve then fill the rest of the cup up with cold water and gulp
like 5 or 6oz i think but man its soo quick, just bam and thes mi creatine for the day
and the taste like old water thats it
lol i can drink warm water, i will try your recommendation though. thanks for the advice, will keep in my mind :p

JDRG

JDRG

Awards
I myself suffered bladde and kidney problems that may doctor attributed to over use of creatine. It WAS my fault as far as I see it. I was taking approximately 10-12g of creatine a day for 6 months without a break. As a result I had what the doctor described as 'sediment' in my kidneys, tiny creatine crystals or pieces. I had terrible pain when I urinated and a whole bunch of other slightly more embarrassing side effects.
Regardless, once I stopped the creatine and drank a stupid amount of water for a while, it sorted itself out.
This worries me a bit, since i continuously took it over 1 year. Do you think i could also have these creatine sediments although i do not have any discomforts?