Any Suggestions on Supps?

csunkramer

csunkramer

Awards
Background:

21 year old female. 208lbs, 66inches, 34% bf

I was around 286, busted my ass and lost the weight but now Im stuck. Im looking for something to help me out in terms of energy at the gym and overall weightloss.

I eat around 1200 cals a day, under 100g of carbs. Lots of chicken and spinach, hardly any red meat.

I get in an hour of gym time a day consisting of about 30min cardio/ 30 min weights.

Ive recently gotten a job offer to work LAPD but of course they want me to drop weight and I cant blame them. I want to be in good condition for academy and I know its time to turn up the heat.

Any suggestions on what might help me along a bit? ive been lookin at lipo6 and hot rox

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Well as of late I'm a big fan of Jacked as an energy stim. Great focus and energy that feels a lot cleaner then other stims. As for fatloss I like thermo's like DCP, Recreate, Green Tea/Forskolin combo, ect.... Take a look at the fatloss section of the board and also search fatloss in the supplements forum. That should help you get an idea of what supps are popular.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
DCP + Lean FX is an amazing combo for dropping bodyfat. You should definitely consider both of them.

Also you may want to try running an old school Vince Gironda no carb weightloss diet. Its called many things now a days but hes the guy who started it off. Do a search on these forums and on google for CKD, anabolic diet, or vince gironda diet. Also remember to put in a few cheat days where you eat a much larger amount of calories that way your body does not try and even out the metabolism with how many calories are coming in.

Try mixing some circuit like high intensity weight training with some HIIT cardio to really melt off some weight.

Goodluck!!

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
Keep with your diet and work out, that’s the main thing. Mjolnir gave good advice on the work out circuit training and some high intensity cardio. Some other supps you could look into would be the
Fat Loss Stack by Primordial Performance.
Keep your eye on the prize and you will make it. Good luck

landfill

Awards
Also remember to put in a few cheat days where you eat a much larger amount of calories that way your body does not try and even out the metabolism with how many calories are coming in.

:goodpost:

May seem counter productive,but it will keep your metabolism from slowing down,which may be the problem behind your loss of weight loss.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Background:

21 year old female. 208lbs, 66inches, 34% bf

I was around 286, busted my ass and lost the weight but now Im stuck. Im looking for something to help me out in terms of energy at the gym and overall weightloss.

I eat around 1200 cals a day, under 100g of carbs. Lots of chicken and spinach, hardly any red meat.

I get in an hour of gym time a day consisting of about 30min cardio/ 30 min weights.

Ive recently gotten a job offer to work LAPD but of course they want me to drop weight and I cant blame them. I want to be in good condition for academy and I know its time to turn up the heat.

Any suggestions on what might help me along a bit? ive been lookin at lipo6 and hot rox
There's your problems right there:
1. You're not eating nearly ENOUGH. If you eat like that consistently your metabolism will slow down, and your body will eventually start fighting you to hold onto the fat.
2. You sound like you're overtraining. You DON'T need to do weights EVERY day, or train every day, for that matter. Your body adapts and you get results in your RECOVERY time; if you don't have any you will most certainly hit a plateau.

I suggest that you get your diet sorted:
* You need more carbohydrates (CHO) daily, for a start. Or at least CYCLE them. Resistance training is anaerobic, which means that CHO are going to provide the ful for your sessions. If you're not eating enough, of course you're going to feel fatigued.
* Start having more VARIETY in your diet re protein and veges.
* Actually CALCULATE what your Maintenance calories are (and they will most certainly be MORE than 1200 calories), and for weightloss go to 100-500 LESS than Maintenance. I would suggest cycling calories, or, at the very LEAST, having 1-2 days where you eat what you want.

Also, make sure that you are using the staple supplements:
* Creatine
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats
* Protein
* BCAA's

You DON'T need a fat burner, especially at 34% bodyfat (BF), since you wouldn't notice much difference. I would wait until you're ~15% BF (or less) before you think about this.

As for a supplement for "energy", if you're eating more (CHO in particular), then you should be fine. If you are dead set on a supplement for it, then RPM gives great smooth and focussed energy.

In the meantime, make sure that you change your training regime up every 4-6 weeks, so that your body doesn't get used to it. Train heavy and hard with weights, and cut back to 3-4 (5 at the most) days a week. Perhaps drop your cardio back to only 3-4 days a week, but make it HIIT and SHORT.

Your DIET, though, is what is going to make the biggest difference, so make sure that you get THAT sorted FIRST before anything else!!!

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
1. You're not eating nearly ENOUGH. If you eat like that consistently your metabolism will slow down, and your body will eventually start fighting you to hold onto the fat.
2. You sound like you're overtraining. You DON'T need to do weights EVERY day, or train every day, for that matter. Your body adapts and you get results in your RECOVERY time; if you don't have any you will most certainly hit a plateau.

* You need more carbohydrates (CHO) daily, for a start. Or at least CYCLE them. Resistance training is anaerobic, which means that CHO are going to provide the ful for your sessions. If you're not eating enough, of course you're going to feel fatigued.
* Actually CALCULATE what your Maintenance calories are (and they will most certainly be MORE than 1200 calories), and for weightloss go to 100-500 LESS than Maintenance. I would suggest cycling calories, or, at the very LEAST, having 1-2 days where you eat what you want.

* Creatine
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats
* Protein
* BCAA's

You DON'T need a fat burner, especially at 34% bodyfat (BF), since you wouldn't notice much difference. I would wait until you're ~15% BF (or less) before you think about this.

As for a supplement for "energy", if you're eating more (CHO in particular), then you should be fine. If you are dead set on a supplement for it, then RPM gives great smooth and focussed energy.

In the meantime, make sure that you change your training regime up every 4-6 weeks, so that your body doesn't get used to it. Train heavy and hard with weights, and cut back to 3-4 (5 at the most) days a week. Perhaps drop your cardio back to only 3-4 days a week, but make it HIIT and SHORT.

Your DIET, though, is what is going to make the biggest difference, so make sure that you get THAT sorted FIRST before anything else!!!
what she said :thumbsup:

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established

* Creatine
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats
* Protein
* BCAA's

I agree completely with this advise.

It may seem a bit backward, but you want to get enough to eat. Not too much, but too little will slow your metabolism.

Supplements I would recommend:
-Bulk fish oils - (healthy fats, great for the circulatory system)
-CLA and Alpha Lipoic Acid - (healthy fat, great anti-oxidant)
-Acetyl L Carnitne (ALCAR) - (This supplement is under-rated in my opinion. It will oxidise fatty acids making it easier for them to be metabolized and the mild norotropic effect is great for focus --- It stacks well with CLA / ALA as you really should take an anti-oxidant with it)
-Bulk green tea caps - (great anti-oxidant, mild stimulant/thermogenic)

Do not fall for the misconception that fats are all bad. CLA/ALA/Fish Oil are actually fats that are healthy and will aid in fat loss.

Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, etc are all good sources of healthy fats.

Training
-Don't be afraid to hit the weights a bit more. Training with weights will tone your body better than anything else when combined with a good cardio routine. Don't fall for the misconception it will "bulk" you up. You have to eat a lot of quality food to bulk up with muscle.
-I would suggest lifting weights for an hour 4 days a week with 15-20 minutes of cardio afterward. I would suggest 30-45 minutes of cardio on 2 of the non-lifting days, and to take at least 1 day off for rest/recovery

Diet
-Take comfort in knowing that this is probably the hardest part for everyone
-STOP EATING FOODS WITH HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED (fully or partially) OILS, and MSG. READ FOOD LABELS, the stuff is in everything it seems. Some high fructose corn syrup is okay, but most people get way too much of it and I believe it to slower metabolism, makes you not feel full, and encourage fat deposition. Hydrogenated oils are terrible fats that are very hard for your body to get rid off. You basically cannot use these efficiently as energy and so they are deposited as fat that is VERY stubborn. Your metabolism will be dramatically more efficient and well being will increase once you flush these food additives out of your system.
-DO NOT EAT FAST FOODS - it is the worst thing you can eat. It has all of the above ingredients in massive quantities.
-DO NOT DRINK SODAS, even diet sodas. Stick to teas, juice, or water. Most people drink more soda in a day than they do water or anything else. Stop drinking them.
-Cook with healthy oils such as Peanut, Olive, or Canola Oils (Again stay away from Hydrogenated forms of any oil - I can't stress that enough!)
-Stay well hydrated as to constantly flush toxins out of your body.

Finally, Don't forget to get 7-8 hours of quality sleep a night and try not to eat any heavy meals within 2-3 hours of bed.

The most important thing, I believe are the dietary suggestions. Try it for 1 or 2 months and see how you feel. You will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. You won't miss the soda's, I promise.

I wish you the best of luck in your training and your career.