Best supplement for cortisol

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
Pretty simple.

What's the consensus best supplement for fighting cortisol out right now.

Looking at X-Lean and 11-oxo.

Open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks for any help.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best is subjective. You can go natural or not. Some have found 11-oxo too harsh for them. I would suggest something like PhosphatidylSerine, Relora, Rhodiola, Ashwagandha and Holy Basil. You can throw some ResetAD in there too, but thats more for the adrenals.

There's some great feedback on X-Lean, if I could get my hands on some bulk 7-Keto I would do it Transdermally.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty simple.

What's the consensus best supplement for fighting cortisol out right now.

Looking at X-Lean and 11-oxo.

Open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks for any help.
I haven't used 11-oxo. But I've used Lean Xtreme and loved it (and I'll actually be using the newly reformulated version pretty soon).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
vitamin c works or 7-OH is supposed to be better than regular 7 oxo

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
Best is subjective. You can go natural or not. Some have found 11-oxo too harsh for them. I would suggest something like PhosphatidylSerine, Relora, Rhodiola, Ashwagandha and Holy Basil. You can throw some ResetAD in there too, but thats more for the adrenals.

There's some great feedback on X-Lean, if I could get my hands on some bulk 7-Keto I would do it Transdermally.

Can someone explain what is meant by "harsh?"

If it's side effects related I haven't heard of many for 11-oxo...although I don't think I'm really worried.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol is needed and "harsh" means that for some users it lowers cortisol too much.

Glucocorticoids are synthesized and secreted by the Adrenal Glands. The chief glucocorticoid secreted in humans is cortisol, which is a life essential hormone. Cortisol plays a key role in maintaining blood glucose during fasting and stimulates fat metabolism. Cortisol also helps to maintain vascular responsiveness and modulate central nervous system function. In addition, cortisol has a powerful anti-inflammatory role by suppressing almost all functions of the immune system. Normal levels of cortisol effects the actions of many other hormones and is thus said to have a permissive effect on endocrine action.

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have used 11oxo, DS Lean Extreme(Original..man I wish this was still around) and Retain 2, and saw favorable results with all three

BigFish80

BigFish80

Awards
  • Established
I've taken 11-oxo for both cortisol control and for gaining lean mass. Taken doses ranging from 4 caps a day to 10 caps a day (ergopharm). I have to say that I can't say it ever did anything for me. Its very expensive and not very effective IMO.

I have taken Lean Xtreme by DS and it's a great product and much more affordable. You can definitely tell it pushes the cortisol down. 2 pills after waking in the morning, 1 pill before lunch, and 1 before afternoon workout was the sweetspot for me.

Why are you trying to control cortisol...weightloss???