Cant Sleep

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Everytime after a workout day (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday) i cant sleep.

I dont use any stims at the moment, and i take 4x 'ZMK' and 2x 'Powerfull' before bed and 3x2 'Prime' during the day.

Powerfull used to knock me completely out but that got less and less over 12 weeks use. I took 6 weeks out of using it completely. I've just started up on it again and my tolerance seems just the same as when i left off it 6 weeks ago.

Anyways i'm in the UK, it's 5.30am and i've spent much of the night lying awake in bed. It's not a lack of physical tiredness, i did chest and biceps and can barely lift my arms, but a mental one. My brain wont stop, mostly replaying tunes over and over.

I sleep fine on non-workout days, but this workout insomnia type thing is really getting annoying.

Any ideas, other than a mallet to the head?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bullet Proof or Somnidren GH.

That's my new reply to every new thread. :lol:

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
maybe blood pressure or the fact you workout late. Try working out in mornings if you don't do that already. Also some supplements might react differently in certain people. Maybe something in one of the supps you are taking. Just a thought. Good luck

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This may sound biased coming from me, but the new version of X-Dreams will be at Nutra within days.
If you do a search, there are around 10 logs going on right now. The feedback is great and honest. I'll let you read up on that and decide for yourself; however, I wish you the best in finding something to help you out.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Take 6-9mg of Melatonin and 50-75mg of diphenhydramine along with your usual ZMA about 45minutes before you hit the sack. You will be comatose.

DDP

Awards
Are you taking any supps with Beta-Alanine? This seems to "amp" my mind a little at night, making it hard to sleep. Also, the L-dopa supps like Prime can have the opposite effect, amping you up a little, esp. at higer dosages. I would cut that for a few days and see if thats it. Then maybe do 1 cap before bed instead of 2.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Take 6-9mg of Melatonin
Um, no? That's way too high a dose. Less is more.

Scientists pinpoint dosage of melatonin for insomnia

Deborah Halber, News Office
October 17, 2001

MIT researchers reported in the October issue of the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism that doses of melatonin, a pineal hormone that is secreted by humans at night, can help older adult insomniacs obtain a good night's sleep.

During the study, Richard Wurtman, the Cecil H. Green Distinguished Professor and program director of the Clinical Research Center, and other MIT researchers examined the ability of similar doses to restore nighttime melatonin levels and sleep efficiency in adults over age 50.

Two groups of subjects were involved in the study--one group who slept normally and another who experienced insomnia. Each subject received one-week doses of either a placebo or three different doses of melatonin in randomized order. Each different treatment was separated by a one-week "wash-out period."

"According to our research, the physiological dose of melatonin of about 0.3 milligrams restores sleep in adults over the age of 50," said Wurtman, lead investigator in the study. "The adults who would normally wake up during the second and third thirds of the night were able to sleep through the night with the 0.3 milligram dosage."

The researchers also discovered that the typical health food store dosage of melatonin, which is about three milligrams (or 10 times the dosage in the study), is less effective in treating insomnia. In addition, the higher dosage can cause potentially serious side effects, including hypothermia (low body temperature). The study also showed that the higher dosage elevated plasma melatonin levels during the day, which can cause a "hangover" effect in some of the subjects.

"Our study has shown that less is more as far as melatonin is concerned," Wurtman said. "Adult patients who suffer from insomnia and are considering melatonin should consult with their doctor about the appropriate dosage. We have demonstrated that with the correct dosage, melatonin can help an older person experience a restful and uninterrupted night of sleep."
In response to several studies showing that doses as low as 300 micrograms of melatonin can induce an enhanced state of drowsiness and provide a better quality of sleep, The Life Extension Buyers Club is offering members the option of using very low-dose melatonin supplements. For those who have tried higher dose melatonin supplements and not found effective relief from insomnia, these lower dose supplements may prove effective.
Here are the three new low-dose melatonin supplements being offered

Retail

Member Price
Melatonin 300 microgram (mcg)/ 100 capsules
$5.75

$4.31
Melatonin 300 mcg time-release/ 100 capsules
$6.25

$4.69
Melatonin 750 mcg time-release/ 60 capsules
$5.75

$4.31

Unlike Canada, Europe and Japan, where melatonin is regulated as a drug, citizens of the United States can buy pharmaceutical-grade melatonin at extraordinarily low prices.

When it comes to ascertaining the ideal dose of melatonin, there appears to be a wide range of individual variability. Most people use 3 mg of melatonin at night to induce better sleep and saturate their body with high levels of melatonin. There will be some people, on the other hand, who may find they sleep better by taking only 1/10 this amount, i.e. 300 mcg of melatonin.

Mainstream scientists often raise concern that melatonin sold in health food stores may not meet pharmaceutical standards of purity. That is why the Life Extension Buyers Club restricts its purchases of melatonin to European sources that produce only 99.99% or better purity.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
x-dreams would be a good place to start.

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
I have been an insomniac most of my life. Of all the sleep supps I have tried from this board, AMS Nocturnabol works the best for me.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
If i have trouble sleeping i'll put the tv on. It stops my mind from racing around and thinking of random crap that i usually wouldn't think of. I just turn off and watch the tv, next thing i know i'm sleeping :)

might work for you :p

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I liked Nocturnabol. One of the lower dosed at 750mcg, which is nice.

tattoopierced1

I know some will think I am biased, but Nocturnabol does work very well.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Let me hit you over the head with a bag of nickles, guaranteed to put you out for the count, lol. But seriously, try either working out in the morning, or try X-dreams or something other than what you are using currently.

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
I used to have the same problem, only way to stop it was to train earlier :(

michael75

michael75

Awards
Seeing as x-dreams is Phenibut,Gaba and vit B6 i think i will try my own combination.

I have all the ingredients in my arsenal,although lately i`m getting a bit of Dopamine rebound from the Phenibut,i`ve only been taking between 250mg and 500mg a night but have found that when i don`t take any i can`t sleep...Not good!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Not trying to be funny, but here goes. I've had to work out late from time to time. Sometimes just lifting, others doing a P90X routine. If I work out too late I'm left in a state of alertness that keeps me from sleeping. Watching TV helps some, and so does reading, but the only guaranteed way I know to get me to sleep 30 minutes to 1 hour after is to rub one out. I'm not a big fan of taking sleeping aids, but I know that if I rub one out I'll definitely get sleepy within an hour max - and I get a good night sleep :)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seeing as x-dreams is Phenibut,Gaba and vit B6 i think i will try my own combination.

I have all the ingredients in my arsenal,although lately i`m getting a bit of Dopamine rebound from the Phenibut,i`ve only been taking between 250mg and 500mg a night but have found that when i don`t take any i can`t sleep...Not good!
That is the old formula...

The new and very much improved formula is:
Valeric Acid (component of Valerian Root)
GABOB
2-bromo-N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/ibe-technology/108021-all-new-x-14.html#post1668272

michael75

michael75

Awards
I`d love to be a tester of the new improved x-dreams,anything that can aid in restfull sleep without being a benzodiazepine is a bonus in my book.

Hopefully x-dreams will be all it`s cracked up to be!

Essay226

Awards
Bullet Proof or Somnidren GH.

That's my new reply to every new thread. :lol:

You won't say that after the beloved phenibut withdrawl, I would not wish that on anyone horrible.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
You won't say that after the beloved phenibut withdrawl, I would not wish that on anyone horrible.
I cycled off of Somnidren GH for a full month without any issues whatsoever. You must have been speaking of the other product he suggested, as there is no issue with coming off of such a low dose of Phenibut that Somnidren GH has. It is made so that it is non-habit forming for a reason.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
just GABA works well for me,... oh and its cheap:thumbsup:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CTDuece is correct: Somnidren WILL NOT cause phenibut issues. I shied away from trying it for a LONG time, because I had a horrific experience with a single dose of Ergopharm Gabatropin, but both Bullet Proof and Somnidren are well formulated.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
if you want, you can ask your doctor about "clonidine" its got alot of uses and i like it.....they gave it to me for sleep, and it can be used for sleep, high blood pressure, and adhd, and a few other things like opioid addiction and stuff..........its really cheap to
just a thought, i use to have the same problem but it was every night.it sucked balls

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
if you want, you can ask your doctor about "clonidine" its got alot of uses and i like it.....they gave it to me for sleep, and it can be used for sleep, high blood pressure, and adhd, and a few other things like opioid addiction and stuff..........its really cheap to
just a thought, i use to have the same problem but it was every night.it sucked balls
You could try meditation if you're into that sort of thing. I usually do it if I get into bed and my mind is racing. It really puts me in an extremely relaxed state and clears my mind. My sister has a ton of yoga/relaxation CDs with relaxing sounds, like rain and **** like that, and they seem to help the process along little bit.

Essay226

Awards
I cycled off of Somnidren GH for a full month without any issues whatsoever. You must have been speaking of the other product he suggested, as there is no issue with coming off of such a low dose of Phenibut that Somnidren GH has. It is made so that it is non-habit forming for a reason.

AH very good, I'm am talking about bulk phen and a product called Somotamax by Hi-Tech, I used these properly no abuse and stilled payed with 8 sleepless nights. How does yours work differently? I may have to try it.

Essay226

Awards
CTDuece is correct: Somnidren WILL NOT cause phenibut issues. I shied away from trying it for a LONG time, because I had a horrific experience with a single dose of Ergopharm Gabatropin, but both Bullet Proof and Somnidren are well formulated.

I see, just trying to save you some sleep, but you are already informed.:head:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
AH very good, I'm am talking about bulk phen and a product called Somotamax by Hi-Tech, I used these properly no abuse and stilled payed with 8 sleepless nights. How does yours work differently? I may have to try it.
The name of the game is synnergy my man :thumbsup:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
are you overtraining?

thegameoflife

Awards
i take Wal-som from walgreens to help with sleep issues.

jasone

Awards
just go to walmart and get a $3 bottle of melatonin, i use that and it works great and its dirt cheap.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
melatonin will have serious effects on the workings of your body and the long term control of your cortisol levels. Dirt cheap for a reason.

thegameoflife

Awards
someone please correct me if i'm wrong. you should only take melatonin if you are over 30 or even 40?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
someone please correct me if i'm wrong. you should only take melatonin if you are over 30 or even 40?
You honestly shouldn't take melatonin period. Not only because of what it does to your body...but because of what it is.

melatonin is something that exists normally in your body. It cannot be removed, at least not in numbers that will pertain relevant to supplementation. The result is that the melatonin you are buying in those bottles is supplied largely from animals. Same concept applies for animals though. Result from that being....

The melatonin you are using is almost definitely coming from the vomit of the animals it is taken from...which are usually cows.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take 6-9mg of Melatonin and 50-75mg of diphenhydramine along with your usual ZMA about 45minutes before you hit the sack. You will be comatose.
Wouldn't this be counter-productive? :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Powerfull used to knock me completely out but that got less and less over 12 weeks use. I took 6 weeks out of using it completely. I've just started up on it again and my tolerance seems just the same as when i left off it 6 weeks ago...
Did you change anything in your dosing protocol?