1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Supplements for 48yo Male

Well, my dad, who is 48yo, has started a workout routine and was asking me about any supplements that might be good for him to try. He's aprox. 6'0", 214#, 18-20%BF (guessing on that one).

I know he could get away w/ no supplements and just diet and training, but so could all of us, I'm sure.

I was thinking about Lean Xtreme and a test booster to start with. I was thinking ActivateX, Primal Male, TBol, or something along those lines.

Considering his age, I think an herbal test booster could benefit him.

I doubt he will get bloodwork done at the doc.

Thoughts and/or considerations?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.93%

I'm 47 and as far as a test booster, I am using Sustain Alpha by Primordial performance. It's a transdermal product and I am very happy with it. I have used oral test boosters as well. Gaspari Novadex XT is another product that I had used in the past, and it too was a decent product. I have used many so-called Test Boosters, and The Sustain Alpha is my favorite however. Just my experiences and I'm sure that you'll be bombarded with suggestions soon. Good luck.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.18%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by ShakesAllDay View Post
    Well, my dad, who is 48yo, has started a workout routine and was asking me about any supplements that might be good for him to try. He's aprox. 6'0", 214#, 18-20%BF (guessing on that one).

I know he could get away w/ no supplements and just diet and training, but so could all of us, I'm sure.

I was thinking about Lean Xtreme and a test booster to start with. I was thinking ActivateX, Primal Male, TBol, or something along those lines.

Well we at AI offer Stoked which contains tran-reservatrol, which offers many anti-infalmmatory, and anti-aging properties, not to mention icarrin which also boosts testosterone and blocks estrogen. Stoked stacks well with an AI, such as Novadex xt(atd). A lot of older guys in my gym take novadex and enjoy it greatly. If you decide to take Novadex with Stoked, I also recommending taking 13c or DIM to regulate your estrogens so that insomnia, or other symptoms do not occur due to low estrogen levels.
    doing my own thang!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks for the quick replies, guys! I thought about PP's products (Dermacrine, Sustain, etc.), but I'm unsure if he would be willing to go the tansdermal route.

Keep the suggestions rolling in. And you don't have to stick with products... discussion of individual ingredients is welcome and encouraged.

Fadogia, trib, iicarin, etc.... thoughts on anything specific woudl be great. What about the LeanX?

edit: BTW, the product can NOT contain any stimulant (caffeine, Y-hcl, etc.).
  5. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.76%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Stoked would be a very good choice because of the trans-resveratrol. I am 47 myself. You may want to make sure he is taking daily supps such as fish oil and a multi and whey protein would also be helpful. I wish him well.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Multi
    Fish oil
    ZMA
    BCAA's
    Whey protien
    Reset AD
    CEE
    Beta-alanine
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Stoked would be a very good choice because of the trans-resveratrol. I am 47 myself. You may want to make sure he is taking daily supps such as fish oil and a multi and whey protein would also be helpful. I wish him well.
    I know he takes fish oil to some degree and a multi. I'll try to get him on some protein supps... but he is low-carb'n it, so I know he get's a lot of dietary protein, probably more than an average guy would need.

Anyone other than a company rep have ideas?

lol j/k
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Stoked! with out a doubt.

not only will it help him feel great (well being from it being a weak SSRI) the trans resveratrol has tremendous health benefits. testosterone levels decline as you age and Body fat increases and estrogen increases. all this can be helped by stoked!

Resveratrol is a SIRT1 agonist. When SIRT1 Receptors are stimulated, you tend to live longer and Fat tends to be mobilize. so it can help with body fat, estrogen testosterone and anti aging! and make him feel great!

perfect supp
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Well, I may go w/ some products I already have on the shelf...

Activate Xtreme (DS)
    Lean Xtreme (DS)
    Tribulus (NOW)

Any thoughts on that stack? Would the trib be okay to add to the AX?

edit: took out Primal Male
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Activate Xtreme (DS)
    Lean Xtreme (DS)
    Primal Male (MAN)
    Tribulus (NOW)

Any thoughts on that stack? Would the trib be okay to add to the fadogia/PM/AX?

nice stack, primal male i would use every other day though/
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    nice stack, primal male i would use every other day though/
    If he was doing resistance training 3 days/wk (MWF), what about taking it only on training days? He will most likely be on the treadmill TR.

edit: Scratch the Primal Male... I'm gonna keep that for myself. He will get the others listed, though.
  12. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What is the goal? Gaining mass or loosing weight?
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    What is the goal? Gaining mass or loosing weight?
    Specifically, lose fat and enhance mood/well being.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

i've got it!

he has to at least try the stinging nettle root extract from now nutrition. i use it in gram quantities about 2 grams a day or 8 caps, and for anyone over forty results are comparable to the preban hormone stuff and i am vet of that stuff. i will not go back to them though this cheap and wayyyy safer
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.87%

Activate Xtreme (DS)
    Lean Xtreme (DS)
    Tribulus (NOW)

Any thoughts on that stack? Would the trib be okay to add to the AX?

edit: took out Primal Male
    SUSTAIN would stack great with ACT-X.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Stinging nettle = divanil, which is in ActivateX. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but have never tried it.

I don't think he will go for a transdermal product, that's just too "out there" to him compared to taking pills.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I am 50 and finishing up a run of LG's T-911. It is sub-ligual and it really picked things up for me. It does have yohimbine(only 3mg per) but I did not notice the stim effect. I also get by with one cup of coffee a day...so not exactly a stim junkie.
    Another stack I did was ActX/AX Apct. That also had me feeling like a kid again. Lastly, I know the trans-dermal might not be a good choice for dad but, I loved my run with Dermacrine. Libido and energy were fabulous. I have been playing around and learning/loving alot of these sups!! SAome food for thought for him
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I am 50 and finishing up a run of LG's T-911. It is sub-ligual and it really picked things up for me. It does have yohimbine(only 3mg per) but I did not notice the stim effect. I also get by with one cup of coffee a day...so not exactly a stim junkie.
    Another stack I did was ActX/AX Apct. That also had me feeling like a kid again. Lastly, I know the trans-dermal might not be a good choice for dad but, I loved my run with Dermacrine. Libido and energy were fabulous. I have been playing around and learning/loving alot of these sups!! SAome food for thought for him
    Thanks for the input! It's good to read stuff from people in his age group that have tried various things.

BTW, could you detail what you mean by "ActX/AX Apct"? I assume you mean Activate Xtreme, but I'm unsure of the product you refer to as "AX Apct".

Can anyone chime in on possible interactions w/ prescription meds? I believe he is on meds for cholesterol and also takes low dose Lexapro for mild anxiety/depression.

Both him and I are hoping to get him in good enough health w/ diet/exercise to be able to get off the cholesterol meds.
  19. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.76%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Thanks for the input! It's good to read stuff from people in his age group that have tried various things.

BTW, could you detail what you mean by "ActX/AX Apct"? I assume you mean Activate Xtreme, but I'm unsure of the product you refer to as "AX Apct".

Can anyone chime in on possible interactions w/ prescription meds? I believe he is on meds for cholesterol and also takes low dose Lexapro for mild anxiety/depression.

Both him and I are hoping to get him in good enough health w/ diet/exercise to be able to get off the cholesterol meds.
    AX is Activate Xtreme if he is on Lexapro he should really consult a doctor before taking much in the way of supps just to be safe.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

^^^^agree totally!! The AX Apct is Anabolic Xtreme's Apct (6-bromo)
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALPHA MALE Anyone!
    By Aaelael in forum Supplements
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 12:28 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 02:44 AM
  3. The Disappearing Male
    By lutherblsstt in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 01:19 PM
  4. The Disappearing Male