My opinion of NO Shotgun

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
First of all I'll give you my current back story. I'm coming off a one month break from lifting, due to reasons I won't bother you with. In that one month I did do some exercising, but nothing serious, and my diet wasn't up to par either. I didn't really lose a lot of weight, although I did lose some and I lost some definition as well.

Last week was my first week back into the gym and I noticed the effects of that long break. My strength and endurance dropped tremendously, to the point where it pissed me off that weight that was extremely easy to me at one point was actually giving me a somewhat difficult time.

Let's just put it this way, with NO Shotgun, I expect to be back on top of my game way faster than what I would have expected without it. I'm guessing that within another two weeks I'll be lifting more than I was a few months ago. The energy is okay but the focus is great. Nothing spectacular or anything, but definitely noticeable. My pumps were pretty good considering that this is just my second week back. I would expect that had I never taken that month off, that my pumps would have been a lot better. I need time to get that glycogen built back up, but I expect the pumps to continue. Also, at the end of my workout, I felt like I could keep going, but I had to stop to prevent overtraining.

And as far as the taste goes, it's really not that bad. I was expecting worse, but it's definitely drinkable. I've had way worse tasting protein powders. The closest thing I can relate it to is... If you've ever had one of those vitamins that are kind of tart and tangy, and that fizz when you put them on your tongue, it kind of taste like that. Foamy and fizzy, tart and tangy, but it's really not that bad at all. The people who really complain about the taste are just being burginas.

So that's my opinion. If you haven't tried it and are looking for something to take pre-workout, I'd recommend it. I was expecting a little more kick, and maybe as I progress and re-acclimate my muscles to heavy weights, I expect to get more out of it, but to get a better quality workout on the first try, it's worth the money.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, just wanted to be as detailed as I could. When I was looking for opinions on the product, I would have liked to find more posts like this.

Not that I'm bragging or anything, but it's better than all of those one-liners. :head:

fitnessguru

Awards
No Shotgun is a great product, in my opinion.

I had about the same energy level, but I felt and increase in the ease of reps and went up a descent amount in two weeks.
So if you want a solid product that will give noticeable gains, I would recommend it.
MOD EDIT: Read the rules about retailers.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
No Shotgun is a great product, in my opinion.

I had about the same energy level, but I felt and increase in the ease of reps and went up a descent amount in two weeks.
So if you want a solid product that will give noticeable gains, I would recommend it.
Virtually every online reputable supplement company is cheaper than $39 by the way

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Preworkout mix opinions seem to vary from person to person. I respond well to TRAC Extreme NO, RPM, and Fast Twitch. But I thought that Smash and Shotgun were both duds. Everyone is different.

I thought the taste of shotgun was pretty good. I can't imagine complaining about that. I had a tub of Black Cherry flavor btw.

Energy was a total dud for me personally. I barely felt any stim effect from Shotgun... not to mention that I am typically very stim sensitive.

Focus was not enhanced. I had no effect in that realm. Pump was not enhanced. No change in endurance.

So to sum it up, I liked the way Shotgun tasted but that was about it. Not arguing with anyone who says they like Shotgun because there's too many positive reviews for it to be all bs. I'm just sharing my experience after trying other products that worked significantly better for me personally. Plus I got a pretty good deal when I traded it away :head:

2jer4

2jer4

Awards
i'm right with ya celc...black cherry flavor is amazing i will give them that much, but i get no pump, energy or any focus from it. not knockin the product at all because as you said theres too many good reviews on it but what can ya do