Rate my Supps please!!!

singlejm

singlejm

Awards
i am a newbie so i think i have mangaed to weed through the bullshit but I want to make sure. I been bodybuilding for about 6 months and here is what i have it narrowed down too:

Optimium Whey: Good Bcaa count and reasonably priced. 3X a day. 1 in morning,1 before workout, 2 scoops post

Body fortress creatine: 5.25G Creatine mono(the tried and true supposedly) Looked at Eas and the label was identical! 1 post and one pre workout.

Optimum Bcaa powder: 1 scoop pre, 1 scoop post. Already bought them before I realized how much the protein has in it.

ZMA by prima Force: Gonna take 2 at night as suggested

Dynamatize multi: 2 a day
Green Tea: 45%egcg, 2 500mg caps
Fish oil: 3 1000MG caps
Milk Thistle: 2 240 mg caps
Caffeine: cup of coffee in morning, and 1 pre workout energy drink.

Basically came to the conclusion that preworkout supps are bullshit. Caffeine does the exact same thing. I only drink the caffeine for fat burning and with the green tea makes a seemingly potent combo. What does anyone think bout the Wal mart creatine. Stats seem solid as far as sugars and the delivery. Any suggestions would be helpful on other creatine(ethyl ester?) and anything else. Am loving the results so far and will have pics soon. Thanks!!!! also diet is super clean but I will save that for another post.

Last edited:
MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
i am a newbie so i think i have mangaed to weed through the bullshit but I want to make sure. I been bodybuilding for about 6 months and here is what i have it narrowed down too:

Optimium Whey: Good Bcaa count and reasonably priced. 3X a day. 1 in morning,1 before workout, 2 scoops post- A, very good protein.

Body fortress creatine: 5.25G Creatine mono(the tried and true supposedly) Looked at Eas and the label was identical! 1 post and one pre workout.- Which one, 100% Pure Creatine or the Super Advanced w/e?

Optimum Bcaa powder: 1 scoop pre, 1 scoop post. Already bought them before I realized how much the protein has in it.- I would have switched it out for Xtend, but this is fine.

ZMA by prima Force: Gonna take 2 at night as suggested- C, Reset AD, IGF-2 have a better ingredient profile and feedback IMO.

Dynamatize multi: 2 a day- Don't know much about it.
Green Tea: 45%egcg, 2 500mg caps- Can't go wrong.
Fish oil: 3 1000MG caps- Again, can't go wrong.
Milk Thistle: 2 240 mg caps- Don't see why you need this.
Caffeine: cup of coffee in morning, and 1 pre workout energy drink.- Good stim for the price.

Basically came to the conclusion that preworkout supps are bullshit. Caffeine does the exact same thing. I only drink the caffeine for fat burning and with the green tea makes a seemingly potent combo. What does anyone think bout the Wal mart creatine. Stats seem solid as far as sugars and the delivery. Any suggestions would be helpful on other creatine(ethyl ester?) and anything else. Am loving the results so far and will have pics soon. Thanks!!!! also diet is super clean but I will save that for another post.
The Super Advanced w/e Body Fortress creatine is alright, but it has a shitload of unhealthy sugars. I'd opt to buy 100% creatine mono and drink it with some fruit juice, or take it with water and eat some fruit.

Although some contend creatine ethyl ester to work well for them, it has largely been found to be ineffective. A solid alternative to mono is Dicreatine Malate or Creatine Gluconate.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Optimium Whey: Good Bcaa count and reasonably priced. 3X a day. 1 in morning,1 before workout, 2 scoops post
Good but a bit overpriced IMO. I prefer ATW's blend for only $30 http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/all-the-whey/whey-protein-blend-5-lb.html . The Cinnamon Bun is awesome

Body fortress creatine: 5.25G Creatine mono(the tried and true supposedly) Looked at Eas and the label was identical! 1 post and one pre workout.
I'd just go with NP's micronized bulk Creatine Mono, great quality at a bargain. http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/creatine-monohydrate-1-kilo.html. Take it with pre & postWO carbs to optimize delivery

Optimum Bcaa powder: 1 scoop pre, 1 scoop post. Already bought them before I realized how much the protein has in it.
I guess if you're got this no opinion needed; in the future I'd go with Xtend or Purple Wrath

I use this all the time; great value

Dynamatize multi: 2 a day
I prefer Now ADAM, although the MVP/ZMK deal right now is a steal
Green Tea: 45%egcg, 2 500mg caps
Fish oil: 3 1000MG caps
I would up this to 6-8 caps/day. Buy a bulk tub to save $$ http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/omega-3-1000-capsules.html
Milk Thistle: 2 240 mg caps
Caffeine: cup of coffee in morning, and 1 pre workout energy drink.

I'd take Creatine Mono > CEE. We're OOS of Neovar (Although you can still pick it up with the WMS http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/applied-nutriceuticals/neovar-kwick-karb-3-3lb-stack.html ) , but it was a great deal. It looks like you've got your staples pretty well covered now. You can pick up a 500g of bulk Beta-Alanine and just add 2g pre and intra-WO for a cheap boost. Not relying on pre-WO supps is going to save you lots of $$ :D

singlejm

singlejm

Awards
Thank you guys for the response. one question about the creatine. doesn't it need some fast digesting carbs and sugars in order th help with delivery. I thought most of them came with these "delivery" systems built in. I was concerned about the carbs and sugars on the body fortress creatine. To answer a question from earlier it is the regular creatine, not advanced. I looked at advanced and that is why I asked the question about ethyl ester cause it seemed like it has a bunch of **** in it I didn't need. Anyway leaning toward creatine mono in bulk and mixing it with my protein shake unless I need simple sugars and carbs to maximize delivery? thanks again guys for the suggestions.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
You could mix mono in with your protein shake if you don't mind a mild graininess. In regards to the delivery system, I hear you're supposed to get 20-40g sugars around 15 minutes after taking creatine mono to enhance its effectiveness, so I just dump mono in with some water and eat some fruit directly ingestion.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established

Sounds good, I try to limit my protein supplementation to one drink upon awakening, and one prior to bed or post workout. I try to get the rest of my protein from food sources. I prefer All the Whey Isolate (pure protein, zero fat). I wouldn't worry much about BCAA's content in your protein if you are supplementing BCAA's seperately anyway.

Body fortress creatine: 5.25G Creatine mono(the tried and true supposedly) Looked at Eas and the label was identical! 1 post and one pre workout. BUY BULK DEXTROSE from NOW foods on nutraplanet. It is a simple sugar and you can add it to your creatine and sip it during your workout as well.

I agree with everyone else, buy it in bulk. Don't buy Ethyl Ester, it tastes absolutely terrible. The bulk creatine malate is a bargain and it is supposed to be pretty good. Otherwise, stick to the Mono in my opinion

I take one scoop pre workout, and 1 scoop throughout my workout and finish with a protein shake. I have never used that brand, but Xtend tastes pretty good but I am not fond of the food coloring in these products

This is a staple supplement in my opinion. You might take it with 1 cap of now foods p5p to assist absorption

Dynamatize multi: 2 a day - A good multi is a staple
Green Tea: 45%egcg, 2 500mg caps - I enjoy green tea. It has fat burning potential and is a great anti oxidant
Fish oil: 3 1000MG Another staple in my opinion -- at least 4-6 grams daily caps
Milk Thistle: 2 240 mg caps Not sure you really need this
Caffeine: cup of coffee in morning, and 1 pre workout energy drink. I like coffee, but I think it is overpriced

I will disagree that preworkout supps are crap. Try out the bulk mass pump stack from nutra. If you add 2-3 grams of Arginine, 2-3 grams of citrulline malate, and 2-3 grams of Beta Alanine to your pre-workout BCAA combo you will notice it in the gym. Or take 3-5 RPM or 1-2 YRD 1 hour before your workout (without coffee) and you will definitely be energized. I notice that I feel really thermogenic and sweat a lot more from these supplements.
For 6 months of training and being new, I think you got it down pretty good so far. Probably one of the best combo's I have seen someone new post so far. Get the staples like you have planned and with the sale Nutraplanet, you can experiment with a few products that interest you

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Basically came to the conclusion that preworkout supps are bullshit.
Like everybody else said you have it pretty good for only being 6 months in. I wouldn't say pre-workout supps are bs. Most are. Try something like RPM,White Flood,or Ragnarok...and then let me know if they are bs. :thumbsup:

singlejm

singlejm

Awards
i take the milk thistle cause I was an alcoholic before i decided to start bodybuilding and now i'm 3 months clean and i figuired my liver could use some assistance!! So I guess i have only been dedicated for about 3-4mnths. But I have done my homework and thank you guys for the compliments about the supps! one quick question. I bought the BCAA before i really realized how much the prtein came with. Is the amount in the ON whey enough BCAA's or should i continue to buy the powder to supplement. In other words if I pay a little extra for ON prtoein can i save money by not buying the BCAA powder? thanks again guys, really grateful for all the advice.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i take the milk thistle cause I was an alcoholic before i decided to start bodybuilding and now i'm 3 months clean and i figuired my liver could use some assistance!! So I guess i have only been dedicated for about 3-4mnths. But I have done my homework and thank you guys for the compliments about the supps! one quick question. I bought the BCAA before i really realized how much the prtein came with. Is the amount in the ON whey enough BCAA's or should i continue to buy the powder to supplement. In other words if I pay a little extra for ON prtoein can i save money by not buying the BCAA powder? thanks again guys, really grateful for all the advice.
Properly timed pre and postWO nutrition, BCAA"s arent necessary. ON's isn't necessarily superior; if you're worried about money ATW's blend, 5lb for $30 is probably your best bet.