Natyy Peanut butter my new supplement?lol

njsfinest

Awards
Hey ever since ive been on these forums and before i joined, i started to notice aot of you guys ate natty pb. So its been about 2 weeks and every night ive been eating pb sandwiches, and may i say ive gained some solid amount of mass from this stuff! how can it be, i feel as if my body responds to pb and i crave this stuff alot now lol

steveironman

Banned
Awards
fat is a very anabolic and caloricaly dense nutrient. Might have something to do with it.

njsfinest

Awards
hmm interesting that makes sense, my strength has gone up, and i even noticed before i workout i eat a pb sandwich instead of a white potato and some other goodies and i get more energy! Im addicted to this stuff

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
yeah peanut butter is some good SH1t for sure. i indulge myself every now and then with a pb sandwich.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
The peanut butter I get it just straight peanut butter. The ingredient list is: peanut butter. It used to taste bland but I like it now. I could eat it by the spoon. It's a good thing you can't OD on peanut butter.

njsfinest

Awards
oh yes it is very good lol. I just feel like my body is responding to this stuff more than weight gainers! lol

ffmedic32

ffmedic32

Awards
I bought some Skippy Natural and damn that stuff is awesome. The problem is $3.29 for a little jar, when I can get 5# of JIF for $7.99. Makes it hard to but the natty stuff

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
What you guys got to try is this "Cashew Macadamia" butter I've been purchasing. Incredible stuff. Tastes like a milky way in butter form. Or any of the nut butters for that matter are great... a good changeup from PB from time to time.

Nacho1545

Awards
I eat Natural Skippy PB and I love it.. I have a PB&J sandwich with my protein shake post workout... I am addicted to PB..

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I bought some Skippy Natural and damn that stuff is awesome. The problem is $3.29 for a little jar, when I can get 5# of JIF for $7.99. Makes it hard to but the natty stuff
Skippy made bigger jars of it now :)

I stock up on them like it's being discontinued.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Jif has rape seed oil in it, which is toxic to humans, not to mention hydrogenated oils. I would pay the extra $ for the natural kind.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i stocked up just before xmas. I've got 6kg of natty peanut butter in my kitchen. I'm doing a tub every 5 days :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It might not taste as great as natty PB, but unrefined Coconut Oil is a great alternative fat source. As a Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) is can be used as energy, less likely to be stored as fat, boosts metabolism/thyroid, and likely increases T levels. Take a tbsp of unrefined before bed and you'll feel the difference in the morning. It's a great filler for any NP order too, Virgin Coconut Oil (12 fl. oz.) By: NOW Foods . I've been using it for a long time and swear by the stuff now. See Coconut Oil Benefits - Google Search

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
Jif has rape seed oil in it, which is toxic to humans, not to mention hydrogenated oils. I would pay the extra $ for the natural kind.
This is not true. The rumors that rapeseed oil (more commonly known as Canola oil) is toxic is simply that.... just a rumor, and it is based purely on assumptions and ignorance. Think about it.... do you really think that one of the biggest selling brands of peanut butter in the world is toxic? Wouldn't the millions of people who consume canola oil be dead by now?

snopes.com: Canola Oil and Rape Seed
In other words, it's a healthy oil. One shouldn't feel afraid to use it because of some internet scare loosely based on half-truths and outright lies.

Now that that's out of the way, Natty PB rules.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The last time I checked out the Skippy "Natural" PB it had a list of ingredients. I'll stick to the Smuckers Natty PB.

njsfinest

Awards
im still surprised im getting crazy results from this stuff tho lol

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im still surprised im getting crazy results from this stuff tho lol
The best results I've seen from friends is when I tell them to eat an extra 6-12 eggs a day. Seriously. They usually won't believe it, so I tell them what supplements I was on, and then they're surprised when they don't put on mass taking the same supps. Diet(and Training) are of paramount importance. Sounds obvious, but supplements tend to blind us when they promise to deliver such incredible results.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go to your local Vitamin Shoppe. They sell the best peanut butter ever. 10g Omega's and 24g Protein per serving (normal serving size). Its very good tasting too, all I can eat.

iknowwhoyouar

Awards
I use Smart Balance Omega Peanut Butter.

It works well, I s'pose.

Rx Lift

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Try out Almond butter if you want to change it up every now and then :)

steveironman

Banned
Awards
Try out Almond butter if you want to change it up every now and then :)

x2 on the almond butter as far as that goes trader joes brand of that and natty pb - good and no added ingredients

also crazy richards natty pb - ingredients = peanuts

smuckers etc add sodium

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
It might not taste as great as natty PB, but unrefined Coconut Oil is a great alternative fat source. As a Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) is can be used as energy, less likely to be stored as fat, boosts metabolism/thyroid, and likely increases T levels. Take a tbsp of unrefined before bed and you'll feel the difference in the morning. It's a great filler for any NP order too, Virgin Coconut Oil (12 fl. oz.) By: NOW Foods . I've been using it for a long time and swear by the stuff now. See Coconut Oil Benefits - Google Search
LOOOOVE coconut oil. I usually eat a spoonful before bed. It almost tastes like butter but better. Fills me up too.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOOOOVE coconut oil. I usually eat a spoonful before bed. It almost tastes like butter but better. Fills me up too.
Yea it kills my hunger, although it takes a while for it to kick in, so I keep eating the coconut lol. I just finished my 500mL tub in <3 weeks, new PR ;)

There's some brands that are flavoured & some that are deodorized (for cooking); I much prefer the former.

outspiral

Awards
Powerbutter is great stuff... 32g protein per 4 tblspoon serving (so 2x the protein of reg natty pb). The extra protein comes from eggwhites. It also has flax oil and a bit of honey. Tastes exactly like reg natty pb. I got a 4lb jar about 2 weeks ago and its almost gone, talk about addicted!

Yeah I wouldn't buy 'natural' skippy. first off they use palm oil, and the production of palm oil ruins the rain forest and actually playing part to orangutangs being endangered. Yeah some think 'who cares?' but skippy sure doesn't and "real" natural pb is way better anyway.

There can be nothing wrong with a label that just says 'peanuts' on the ingredient list. And for those tha don't want to stir the oil, all you do is store the jar upside down overnight so the oil reabsorbs. Problem solved, I never have to stir it. About halfway through the jar I leave it right side up so its not too pasty

rock on PB

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love some patty peanut butter with a couple drops of pure honey.mmm

yeah almond butter is great when you get tired of peanut butter.

if you not doing a contest a serving of nutella a day is fine.its really good spead on wheat bread it has 20 carbs and 10 fat and taste like chocolate.

yeah coconut oil is the way to go.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
This is not true. The rumors that rapeseed oil (more commonly known as Canola oil) is toxic is simply that.... just a rumor, and it is based purely on assumptions and ignorance. Think about it.... do you really think that one of the biggest selling brands of peanut butter in the world is toxic? Wouldn't the millions of people who consume canola oil be dead by now?

snopes.com: Canola Oil and Rape Seed

Now that that's out of the way, Natty PB rules.
Actually my friend you are wrong. It appears that you are the ignorant one. Canola is derived from rape seed, they are not one in the same. Rape seed contains a chemical entity known as erucic acid, which is indeed mildly toxic to humans. Small doses are allegedly harmless, but I simply prefer the brands that contain peanuts as a sole ingredient.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
So i'm away out today to buy some of this coconut oil :) May end up buying it off NP as the shops here like to shaft me with their prices.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Yea it kills my hunger, although it takes a while for it to kick in, so I keep eating the coconut lol. I just finished my 500mL tub in <3 weeks, new PR ;)

There's some brands that are flavoured & some that are deodorized (for cooking); I much prefer the former.
That is pretty impressive! I still have some cheap crap from wal-mart. You like NOW the best?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i bought some today. its solid :( It says on the back it will solidify if the temp is below 24C and will liquify if above 24C. It also says to keep in the fridge once opening.

So how do i get it into the liquid form so i can take a tbsp a day? or do i just chomp on it?

i thought it would be more like olive oil and stay in a liquid state.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could still eat Coconut oil, it doesn't work with the Anabolic diet so now I am stuck with a big tub of it still sealed in my fridge.

Powerbutter is pretty damn good, but I go through that stuff way to quick to justify the price. As for other nut butters, I must say that cashew has been my favorite thus far but again its just uber expensive. What I have been doing the past couple weeks is buying natural Tahini and draining the excess oil on top of it into a bottle to use later. Then I take some peanut oil and a tiny bit of sucralose and add it into the jar, this way I still get a little of the Tahini taste but I also get a peanut butter taste as well. It takes a little getting use to but the nutritional profile is awesome and now I am going through a jar every few days. I am hoping that the extra sesame oil/products I have been using lately will boost the effects of my sesamin even though there is such a little bit of that ligand in there.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could still eat Coconut oil, it doesn't work with the Anabolic diet so now I am stuck with a big tub of it still sealed in my fridge.
when you did eat it did you just spoon it out and chomp on it?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
when you did eat it did you just spoon it out and chomp on it?
I guess so, considering 24C is 75.2F. I don't know a single person that keeps their house that hot, even in the dead of winter.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
It melts really quickly in a little warm water chub, I use to break it up with a knife and then take a tablespoon and add it to some green tea or just let it sit in my mouth and melt. You can also mix it with a tablespoon of warm water and then poor it over a scoop of chocolate protein powder and mix it until you get good consistency , then put it in the freezer for a few minutes and you have a nice little treat. Finally you can melt some in a double boiler or just in the microwave and add 6 tablespoons of coconut oil to 4 tablespoons of a liquid oil like grape seed or olive oil to make a butter out of it. You can also spice it up a bit and put cinnamon and splenda in there to make it like a nice spread. Just make sure to keep the ratio of coconut oil to what ever else 3:2

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
It melts really quickly in a little warm water chub, I use to break it up with a knife and then take a tablespoon and add it to some green tea or just let it sit in my mouth and melt. You can also mix it with a tablespoon of warm water and then poor it over a scoop of chocolate protein powder and mix it until you get good consistency , then put it in the freezer for a few minutes and you have a nice little treat. Finally you can melt some in a double boiler or just in the microwave and add 6 tablespoons of coconut oil to 4 tablespoons of a liquid oil like grape seed or olive oil to make a butter out of it. You can also spice it up a bit and put cinnamon and splenda in there to make it like a nice spread. Just make sure to keep the ratio of coconut oil to what ever else 3:2

cheers for all the ideas :D

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
Actually my friend you are wrong. It appears that you are the ignorant one. Canola is derived from rape seed, they are not one in the same. Rape seed contains a chemical entity known as erucic acid, which is indeed mildly toxic to humans. Small doses are allegedly harmless, but I simply prefer the brands that contain peanuts as a sole ingredient.
Canola is made solely from the rapeseed plant in the same way that peanut oil is made from peanuts, or olive oil is made from olives,etc. It was named Canola (Canda Oil, Low Acid), because nobody wants to buy something called rapeseed oil. It does contain minuscule amounts of erucic acid, but to think the amount in Canola oil it is detrimental to health is, indeed, ignorant. Brussel sprouts have as much erucic acid as a serving of canola oil.

Erucic acid= toxic.
Canola oil= not toxic.

Lean1038

Lean1038

Awards
What you guys got to try is this "Cashew Macadamia" butter I've been purchasing. Incredible stuff. Tastes like a milky way in butter form. Or any of the nut butters for that matter are great... a good changeup from PB from time to time.
:nono: Why are you guys leaning on inferior peanut/cashew butter!?

Those are the worst two sources of fat you can get! Stick to unsalted organic Almond and Walnut butter for some good EFAs without all that unwanted saturated fat.

Also, you never want to ingest fats around your workouts. Stick to LG carbs or Karbolyn and protein for muscle recovery and glycogen replenishment unless bodyfat is a friend of yours.

I love some patty peanut butter with a couple drops of pure honey.mmm

yeah almond butter is great when you get tired of peanut butter.

if you not doing a contest a serving of nutella a day is fine.its really good spead on wheat bread it has 20 carbs and 10 fat and taste like chocolate.

yeah coconut oil is the way to go.
Dude, sugar and fat in the same sitting is THE WORST possible thing you can ingest and will GUARANTEE bodyfat assimilation. Period.

Good luck.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Those are the worst two sources of fat you can get! Stick to unsalted organic Almond and Walnut butter for some good EFAs without all that unwanted saturated fat.

Also, you never want to ingest fats around your workouts. Stick to LG carbs or Karbolyn and protein for muscle recovery and glycogen replenishment unless bodyfat is a friend of yours.

Good luck.
Don't be hating on the saturated fats ;)

Actually Paul you make the Coconut oil sound like an art; I've gone through liters with only a spoon. And it's always solid for me up here lol. On the odd occasion in the summer it was liquid, but we keep the house about 23 Celcius.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Dude, sugar and fat in the same sitting is THE WORST possible thing you can ingest and will GUARANTEE bodyfat assimilation. Period.

Good luck.
your right about the fats, some saturated fats are fine. I do enjoy healthy natty peanut and if I'm not really concerned about losing body fat I'll take in nutella.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Good luck.
are you talking about natural peanut butter.. my natural peanut butter has 16 g fat and only 2 grams of sat fat. thats low and its actually good to have some saturated fat in the diet. Arnold used to eat mayo for saturated fat sources because he believed it boosted testosterone.

I got some organic sesame tahini

and coconut oil is fine for sources of sat fat.

yeah Ive used almond butter lots of times. about to buy some in a sec..I got unsalted organic peanut butter instead of almond butter it looked like the same brand. got to go back to the store and exchange them.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used to like dipping chocolate bars in to peanut butter. I also used to look like I liked dipping chocolate bars in to peanut butter.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
My sister has a Vita-mix (expensive blender) and makes my pb out of fresh peanuts and a bit of honey for me. Never had any other pb like it.:thumbsup:

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Where can i get natural peanut butter from? All i can find in the shops is bloody sun pat!

njsfinest

Awards
I have been doin some research recently to only find that the highly good and bad fatty contents found in peanut butter can cause increase protein synthesis by the means of creating a stable solid environment for our micro fiber torn muscles to begin reparing and growing. Looks like this stuff is a miracle afterall! Its my 3rd week and all my weights have gone up from this stuff! :D

stretch

Awards
I got some skippy natty pb in front of me right now, and there is not a list of ingredients.

The ingredients are: roasted peanuts, sugar, palm oil, salt.

stretch

Awards
I used to like dipping chocolate bars in to peanut butter. I also used to look like I liked dipping chocolate bars in to peanut butter.

haha good sh1t :laugh: