Protein Powder.

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Protein Powder.

the basic supp. any1 have a brand and type they can vouch for? something they had results from cosuming it? Thanks from the replies!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

For the most part any protein should do: whey, casein, blends . . . ON will not get you better results than Muscle Milk. Look for a good quality/price ratio.
    For a great deal ay Nutraplanet: Scivation whey is onsale plus free goodies.

I want to try ON's NitroCore 24 and Dymatize Elite 12 for the blends of casein, whey.

For my post workout I use Scivation, for other times I use a custom blend from TrueProtein.com: micellar, milk isolate, egg, whey.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    For the most part any protein should do: whey, casein, blends . . . ON will not get you better results than Muscle Milk. Look for a good quality/price ratio.
    For a great deal ay Nutraplanet: Scivation whey is onsale plus free goodies.

I want to try ON's NitroCore 24 and Dymatize Elite 12 for the blends of casein, whey.

For my post workout I use Scivation, for other times I use a custom blend from TrueProtein.com: micellar, milk isolate, egg, whey.

yes im looking for a Whey concentrate or isolate for shakes throughout the day and a casein right before i sleep. quality products is my main focus here. i have used ON in the past for a long time around 3-4 years. any word on their products? idk lately i been thinking everything is fake (long story).
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

All The Whey is good stuff, and they are a board sponsor. Check them out. http://www.allthewhey.com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Answers

ON, All The Whey, and Scivation are all good, but All The Whey is probably my favorite...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  137 lbs.
    Answers

Sciavation whey is great and for a 10lbs its only 67 bucks on nutraplanet. I also suggest buying a cassein protein so you can take it right before bed. (Optimum nutrition 100% cassein is a good choice)
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  206 lbs.
    Answers

Ive had ON, EAS, Isopure, Vitaminshoppe, Body fortress, All the whey, still ON is hard to beat for taste and mixability.

I am going to try trueprotein next as I like the idea of the flavoring system and the price for 25 lbs is not bad.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Isopure

I've only been at it for 3 months. I came in out of shape and lost 8 pounds and had fairly rapid increase in strength.
    Pre-workout I use ON gold standard
    post-workout and before bed I use ISOPURE zero carb.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

I have always bought EAS from sam's. 30 bucks for 5 lbs. Good quality and decent price. I will definitely try scivation though, 67 for 10lbs? Thats d@mn good too.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by repmks View Post
    the basic supp. any1 have a brand and type they can vouch for? something they had results from cosuming it? Thanks from the replies!
    Have you decided on what brand to purchase yet bro???
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  160 lbs.
    Answers

May I add "Iso Sensation 93" to the mix? It is a pure CFM Isolate, and has 93 grams of protein per 100 gr. of powder.

Manufactured by Ultimate Nutrition. I've grown a healthy double-chin from consuming it.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Answers

i cant see a diffrence in any whey. i tend to just buy for the best price now with money being tight. ive tried a lot but right now a 10 lber of elite dymatize
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapump2 View Post
    Have you decided on what brand to purchase yet bro???
    yeap i ordered some allthewhey whey isolate and just got some of on's casein.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    May I add "Iso Sensation 93" to the mix? It is a pure CFM Isolate, and has 93 grams of protein per 100 gr. of powder.

Manufactured by Ultimate Nutrition. I've grown a healthy double-chin from consuming it.
    just checked that one out seems nice probably be my next one.
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Wink

if intending on buying whey then all the whey is very good, and very cheap.

Recently ive switched to gemma for about half my shakes... and my toilet has been thanking me ever since
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Gemma is good stuff... just got to remember it takes more liquid to make your shake or you'll end up having to spoon it out of the cup/bottle!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  160 lbs.
    Answers

just checked that one out seems nice probably be my next one.
    Good to hear (the double chin part wasn't meant seriously, of course). I think it really is the product to beat in terms of protein per 100 gr / powder and of course protein quality.

I am not aware of any other CFM Isolate that is as competitively priced.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Personally if you want the most strength gains from a protein powder i recommend Muscle Milk Collegiate. Other than that i take ON 100% whey protein.
  19. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Muscle Milk is known to taste amazing, the collegiate has less fats in it. Perpetual best seller, but I Would much rather see people pick up a blend & add their own fats (especially coconut oil).

I have gone through 15+ lbs of ATW's Cinnamon Bun and love the taste; Cupcake batter is a fun novelty worth picking up 2lbs of. Their Choc & Vanilla are pretty good too. I used ON 100% Chocolate Casein which is quite good; we will be stocking their Cookies & Cream flavour pretty soon. Other notable blends are the Fudge Brownie Elite 12 Hour Protein (4.4 lb.) By: Dymatize , and Search Results For: NitroCore . Oh and Choc PB UP 2.0, it will blow your mind albeit slightly pricey. Ultra Peptide 2.0 (2 lb) By: Xtreme Formulations
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  285 lbs.
    Answers

I am using a egg white protein. It is totally unflavored but very inexpensive. It can be found at Rose Acre Farms.

There is also a a product from Egg Whites International that is even less expensive. They sell a liquid egg white product that mixes easily with anything.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  206 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Muscle Milk is known to taste amazing, the collegiate has less fats in it. Perpetual best seller, but I Would much rather see people pick up a blend & add their own fats (especially coconut oil).

I have gone through 15+ lbs of ATW's Cinnamon Bun and love the taste; Cupcake batter is a fun novelty worth picking up 2lbs of. Their Choc & Vanilla are pretty good too. I used ON 100% Chocolate Casein
    Have you compared true protein, to ATW? I like the idea of the flavoring systems.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I buy unflavored protein from ATW and buy flavorings from True Protein.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Answers

I disliked ATW's flavors but when I bought them they only had three: chocolate/vanilla/strawberry.
    I went through muscle milk and like the taste.
    Body Fortress and EAS are "okay", with the latter being better.
    Finally I'm on the "Nectar" stuff, and it's made drinking shakes much easier: I hate creamy flavored shakes like vanilla/chocolate so I found an Iced Tea flavored Nectar.. mixes with a spoon and actually tastes like tea (although it smells like something else)
    Goodluck on your ATW though, it works- as will most.

IF only we still had substance WPI watermelon ;p
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I don't digest straight whey very well so I use VYO-Tech Oryx Goat Whey. I have been using this for close to 2 years now and I no longer have digestive problems and the horrible gas I used to have with whey.

ON 100% Egg and 100% Casein are also good.

I do miss Substance WPI watermelon. I have a couple of open tubs left that expired in November 2008. If I have no plans to leave the house I add some to my shake, enjoy the taste, and pay for it a few hours later LOL.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Egg protein powder?
    By chainsaw2 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 02:41 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
  4. Which protein powder to buy?
    By firstbat71 in forum Supplements