beta blockers? - AnabolicMinds.com

beta blockers?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

beta blockers?

Was wondering if anyone had any info on using them for social reasons. I get really nervous when I feel im 'in the spotlight' and get it really bad in interviews. I heard that beta blockers were good for keeping that nervous feeling back. If this is true which ones do you guys suggest?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

There is one with a large "A" printed on it that is sub-lingual. Stage actors have been known to use this for stage fright. The name of it escapes me. They screw up muscle tone and pump though. If you have social anxiety one of the lesser Benzodiazipines would be better. Tolerance to beta-blockers builds fast.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

I suggest a shot of vodka....just the one, mind.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    I suggest a shot of vodka....just the one, mind.
    i cant go to an interview smellin like vodka lol
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Inderal

The name you are looking for is Inderal or propranolol (generic). It is a non-selective beta blocker and works better than anything I have tried for anxiety. If you have asthma you do not want to take this because it antagonizes b1 and b2 adrenergic receptors, so it will affect your breathing (more shallow). You could use Lopressor (metoprolol), which is selective for b2 receptors only (affecting the heart). B2 adrenergic receptors help regulate heart rate and response to stress. This formulation is less permeable in the cell membranes, so has a slower onset than Inderal.

As a pharmacy student I would reccommend 40mg inderal, 45mins before the social event. You will be nervous in your mind, but lack the heart rate increase or palpitations, sweating, and studdering/breathing problems. AKA the physiological symptoms of being nervous. This greatly helps and the calm feeling of your body will help you mentally feel calm and ready to go.

I know how just being above average in physique can make you feel on the spot just about all the time, as can a speech or interview. I have taken 1mg of ativan (lorazepam) and I will feel a little more calm, but it does nothing for the physical symptoms which make you appear and feel nervous. So I'd go with the Inderal.

Note: It does affect circulation and the ability to get a pump because your heart beats slower and your blood pressure is lowered. This would only be a problem if you took it regularly and not on a situational basis.

Hope this helps.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Phenibut works very well for social anxiety. I myself have taken it before job interviews and have felt it works very, very well.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyou View Post
    i cant go to an interview smellin like vodka lol
    I said a shot, not a bunch of them

Then brush your teeth and chew on some gum or a mint.

It will be just enough to take the edge off I assure you from experience.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by srx600 View Post
    The name you are looking for is Inderal or propranolol (generic). It is a non-selective beta blocker and works better than anything I have tried for anxiety. If you have asthma you do not want to take this because it antagonizes b1 and b2 adrenergic receptors, so it will affect your breathing (more shallow). You could use Lopressor (metoprolol), which is selective for b2 receptors only (affecting the heart). B2 adrenergic receptors help regulate heart rate and response to stress. This formulation is less permeable in the cell membranes, so has a slower onset than Inderal.

As a pharmacy student I would reccommend 40mg inderal, 45mins before the social event. You will be nervous in your mind, but lack the heart rate increase or palpitations, sweating, and studdering/breathing problems. AKA the physiological symptoms of being nervous. This greatly helps and the calm feeling of your body will help you mentally feel calm and ready to go.

I know how just being above average in physique can make you feel on the spot just about all the time, as can a speech or interview. I have taken 1mg of ativan (lorazepam) and I will feel a little more calm, but it does nothing for the physical symptoms which make you appear and feel nervous. So I'd go with the Inderal.

Note: It does affect circulation and the ability to get a pump because your heart beats slower and your blood pressure is lowered. This would only be a problem if you took it regularly and not on a situational basis.

Hope this helps.
    Awesome post ty verry much

Similar Forum Threads

1. Kicking lifes ass with natural beta blockers?
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 11:40 AM
  2. Anyone have good information on beta blockers?
    By JLT in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 09:22 PM
  3. Beta Blockers?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 11:49 AM
  4. Beta-blockers may be a poor choice
    By Smoky in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 09:19 AM
  5. Anyone here use beta-blockers?