Supplements vs Steroids, Money...

Maxwell600

Maxwell600

Awards
  • Established
Question: Why is it that supplements cost sometimes twice as much as an oral steroid? Pretty general...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Question: Why is it that supplements cost sometimes twice as much as an oral steroid? Pretty general...
The price of any item is typically a combination of 1) the cost of production 2) availability. If something works really well but is abundant than it will be cheap, like say water and food. But if it is illegal than it goes either way, less due to no taxing, but higher due to a volatile market and limited availability.

Just cause somthing works well doesnt mean people know about it or want it, why do we pay to smoke? why do we pay to eat fast food? different strokes for different folks and then factor the speed in which a side effect is visible.

Fast food can make you fat but it takes time so people act as if it was side effect free. Steroids have more immediately visible effects pro and con for the other end of the spectrum.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yeah a double cheese at mc'ds is $1 but a cheeseburger at a restaurant costs me $7 go figure.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah a double cheese at mc'ds is $1 but a cheeseburger at a restaurant costs me $7 go figure.
Actually your wrong. The Double Chese is now $1.20

We have a McDouble for a $1 which is the same thing with one less slice of cheese:thumbsup:

Why did I choose McDonalds...

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Ive often thought the same question..I concluded that a natural supp that can do what a "dangerous" steroid can do minus sides is what everyone wants, hence the high price.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Actually your wrong. The Double Chese is now $1.20

We have a McDouble for a $1 which is the same thing with one less slice of cheese:thumbsup:

Why did I choose McDonalds...
Really ... I saw the McDouble ... one less slice of cheese? They're splitting hairs here. Not like it would make a diff to anyone!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Really ... I saw the McDouble ... one less slice of cheese? They're splitting hairs here. Not like it would make a diff to anyone!
Yeah its fairly new, but very dumb with the dramatic increase for one piece of cheese..Yes, it basically is the same though

Sion

Sion

Awards
Ive often thought the same question..I concluded that a natural supp that can do what a "dangerous" steroid can do minus sides is what everyone wants, hence the high price.
no natural supp can do what a dangerous steroid can do unfortunately

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its fairly new, but very dumb with the dramatic increase for one piece of cheese..Yes, it basically is the same though
Bro, I'm getting a hardcore craving since that first message I posted. LOL

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established

X2....wish that weren't the case. Supps have to pay big $$$ for advertizing to get you to buy, roids deliver and don't have to brag or hype things up. Results speak louder than words!!!

Lucky.

camaleon

Awards
X2....wish that weren't the case. Supps have to pay big $$$ for advertizing to get you to buy, roids deliver and don't have to brag or hype things up. Results speak louder than words!!!

Lucky.
x3...

SupremeAlpha

SupremeAlpha

Awards
I used to drop 300-400$ evry 3 wks on supps tryin Everything under the sun. When i was natural Even prohormones will kill you quicker than the real deal with half the result. Fck it I say gimme d-bol and a bag of protien and I'll be content

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't say steroids are dangerous. There dangerous when used by idiots not knowing what their doing.

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used to drop 300-400$ evry 3 wks on supps tryin Everything under the sun. When i was natural Even prohormones will kill you quicker than the real deal with half the result. Fck it I say gimme d-bol and a bag of protien and I'll be content
Seriously dude?

You have my attention.. keep talking..

SupremeAlpha

SupremeAlpha

Awards
Seriously dude?

You have my attention.. keep talking..
HAHA yeah most supps are highly marketed and overated SDI Labs an ones like it damn man seriously? I would stick with A good protien, Multi, Amino's MAYBE a n.o. booster and spend the rest of the supp budget on REAL THINGS including PCT 6-oxo and nolvadex xt haha useless but that has been my experience some may disagree ofcourse

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established

I am with you on this. Re; D-bol! you really like it this much. I have read it was mostly water and not real gains. I've been using mostly designers with goo results.

Lucky

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Because of this thread, I ordered some Havoc, but I think I will run H-Drol first before Havoc. Thoughts?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
We have a McDouble for a $1 which is the same thing with one less slice of cheese:thumbsup:...

The best burger in the world is the McDouble with grilled onions and big mac sauce.:food:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
supplements take a lot more to get out there to be noticed because results are not as definite as steroids. I think people are willing to pay it alot of the time as well due to the notion news and ignorant people put on steroids.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Supplements can and in most cases are more dangerous than AAS. AAS have been used for decades for medical purposes. There are countless studies done on them. These new supplements have only been around for a very short period of time and nobody knows what effect they'll have on our bodies in the long run. AAS use is safe and effective if the appropriate precautions are taken. It's the abuse of these compounds that give AAS use a bad name.

steveironman

Banned
Awards
steroids are 100% effective. You dont have to market 100% effective compounds to death. People use them, they work, they tell their friends (who saw them working) and so on. Supps on the other hand have to market like crazy ....many aren't effective ...so they lose repeat customers and referrals as a result they market extremely aggressively (and some not very ethically) in the hopes of continually picking up new customers. Also many are overpriced ...plain and simple. You need to make money somehow...supp industry is very competative so if you cant sell 10,000 "super musclebuilder" sell 2,500 @ 4x the price. Alot of it is the consumers fault ...we will spend ridiculous amounts of money, so they will charge it. It what the market will bear so why would they limit profits. Thats about all of my opinion i want to share on this topic. I tend to have a strong bias.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Supplements can and in most cases are more dangerous than AAS. AAS have been used for decades for medical purposes. There are countless studies done on them. These new supplements have only been around for a very short period of time and nobody knows what effect they'll have on our bodies in the long run. AAS use is safe and effective if the appropriate precautions are taken. It's the abuse of these compounds that give AAS use a bad name.
I agree and disagree with this statement.

While I do agree with you that AAS *abuse* is bad, I find it hard to believe for the average bodybuilder it's easy to *use* and not *abuse*. The temptation of extra muscle is just too strong. What do you think the percentile of BB'ers who truly, from a medical stand point, use AAS correctly? I would think less than 40%. There is just too much miseducation on the subject to claim it's safer than supplements. Hell, at least supps come with Directions and Warnings right?

I disagree that supplements are MORE dangerous than AAS. Creatine supplementation has been popular since the early 90's which means its almost 20 years old. Not to mention it is a naturally occuring substance. You could argue test is natural as well, but not at the doses/levels present in AAS. I do however agree that there are some 'supplements' on the market that we plain do not know anything about.

I believe moderation and education is the key for whatever you choose.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a lot more overhead in the production of advertised supplement products. You also have more strict(apparently not in all cases) guidelines for production that increase cost.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have opinions on what they think steroid prices would be like if they were legal, and sold on store shelves along with supps?

steveironman

Banned
Awards
I agree and disagree with this statement.

While I do agree with you that AAS *abuse* is bad, I find it hard to believe for the average bodybuilder it's easy to *use* and not *abuse*. The temptation of extra muscle is just too strong. What do you think the percentile of BB'ers who truly, from a medical stand point, use AAS correctly? I would think less than 40%. There is just too much miseducation on the subject to claim it's safer than supplements. Hell, at least supps come with Directions and Warnings right?

I disagree that supplements are MORE dangerous than AAS. Creatine supplementation has been popular since the early 90's which means its almost 20 years old. Not to mention it is a naturally occuring substance. You could argue test is natural as well, but not at the doses/levels present in AAS. I do however agree that there are some 'supplements' on the market that we plain do not know anything about.

I believe moderation and education is the key for whatever you choose.
I respect your opinion but what would make your first point not applicable to supps as well?

Without the testing of otc supps its hard to say they are safer..regardless of label instructions. Some are proven safe via long term usage with no side effects like creatine. But how many have been around long enough and used long enough to be able to apply this statement to? Which makes me agree with your second statement i put in bold..

As far as your last statement that would always IMO be prudent advice ...not just in this arena. Good point.