For the wife.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
A while back my wife did invetro to get pregnant. Part of that process is getting daily shots of progesterone. She started to put on weight like crazy. The doctor even told her that due to teh hormones it would not matter how much she excercised or dieted, she would put on weight. That was about eight years ago and she is still having trouble losing the weight. She will be starting a weight training program after teh first of the year and I have been researching some fat burners. I have that part figured out but I am also curios if something like 6-oxo might help her. My reasoning is she may be having trouble losing the weight due to an abundance of estrogen and progesterone in her system and if it can be blocked she would have greater success.
i finally have her steered away from straight cardio and leaning more towards building muscle to help burn the fat. I want to help her get set up for success instead of failure. Does an estrogen blocker sound like a good idea or am I way off base?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
6oxo works by binding to the aromatase enzyme that converts Testosterone to Estrogen. This doesn't happen in women, only in men, so I don't think it would have any effect on her.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
Thanks for the help. Do you have any suggestions then aside from diet, exercise and fat burners?

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I guess what I am looking for is something that will cut down on her natural hormones since they seem to be out of whack and not letting her loose any weight. Something to block the estrogen she already has. Is that possible?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well I'd say Diet is going to be the key. Exercise will certainly help. I'd actually steer her away from fat burners at the beginning. Save those for those tough times when she hits a plateau.

You might want to check out DCP by RPN. Nutraplanet carries it. It mobilizes fat deposits so they get burned during exercise and prevents them from being re-deposited.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
As a side note... I'd have her do cardio, but after lifting weights.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The only thing that I'm aware of that blocks estrogen in women is nolvadex. I would not recomend that either as when you stop using it the estrogen rebounds and she would be back at square 1 and it comes with wicked sides.

I would maybe try putting her on some fat burners and add to that a herbal test booster. Say RPM or one of Chuck Diesels, he has a womens supp out but I have yet to use it so I'm not sure if it would help. But it is worth a shot. Levi Reloaded has a mild test boosting property as well as the weight loss benefits. So maybe use that as the stim based burner.

High dose fish oil helps to take off estrogenic fat on the lower body so maybe 3000mg of that.

Weight training is a given and 3 days of 30 min cardio at least with a perfect diet!!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I guess what I am looking for is something that will cut down on her natural hormones since they seem to be out of whack and not letting her loose any weight. Something to block the estrogen she already has. Is that possible?

Not that I am aware of. I'd be really wary of manipulating a womans hormones. Just saw Craders post above. She would know much more than I do about this!

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
You guys are GREAT! Thank you very much for your help.:thumbsup:

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Have her try DCP + LeanFX. Anti-Cort effects from the LeanFX + the fat transfer/mobilization from DCP would work very well together.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you could try Resveratrol good for overall health to.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
If she is only going to begin lifting weights for the first time soon, I would wait before you throw anything else into the mix. From what I gather, she has only been doing cardio so far? If she already has a diet figured out, then I think she should start to see more results when she throws weights in. Only until later would I suggest you add anything else into it. This gives you some time do some of your own research on supps.

Also, if she is going to start using weights, make sure she pushes herself, not do it half-assed like I see most trainers train women. Just reassure her that she will not get beastly when she lifts weights with intensity...remind her that you have to work with the intention to get buff in order to be beastly. Her plan will probably not allow that to happen, especially if she is eating at a calorie deficit. It is not easy to become muscular.

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
www.betterbodysports.com/slimcurves

This is a product soon to be on store shelves that is designed for women, or you can use DCP by RPN, and I know a few girls who used Pro-Anabol I think it is from ALRI, in which with a weight training regime worked well for them.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
If she is only going to begin lifting weights for the first time soon, I would wait before you throw anything else into the mix. From what I gather, she has only been doing cardio so far? If she already has a diet figured out, then I think she should start to see more results when she throws weights in. Only until later would I suggest you add anything else into it. This gives you some time do some of your own research on supps.

Also, if she is going to start using weights, make sure she pushes herself, not do it half-assed like I see most trainers train women. Just reassure her that she will not get beastly when she lifts weights with intensity...remind her that you have to work with the intention to get buff in order to be beastly. Her plan will probably not allow that to happen, especially if she is eating at a calorie deficit. It is not easy to become muscular.
Getting "big" from lifting weights is one of her concerns and I have done my best to let her know there is no way she will begin to look like a man because she is not equipped to look like a man.

I am looking forward to her coming to the gym with me.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
This is a product soon to be on store shelves that is designed for women, or you can use DCP by RPN, and I know a few girls who used Pro-Anabol I think it is from ALRI, in which with a weight training regime worked well for them.[/QUOTE]

That sounds pretty interesting. I bet it is going to cost about $40 a bottle though.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Getting "big" from lifting weights is one of her concerns and I have done my best to let her know there is no way she will begin to look like a man because she is not equipped to look like a man.

Yeah I hate hearing that "concern". It is just silly because it assumes that once you start touching weights you are going to be a ripped body builder. It takes a lot of hard work and you need to do a lot of things intentionally to get to that point. Reassure her that she will not get huge and that muscle burns fat and that part of being "toned" is having enough muscle to show "muscle tone".

That kind of thought almost undermines the hard work people actually put in to look that way.

But like I said, let her have some time using weights that challenge her at a good intensity. Then after a few months, yes months, of that then you can start in with the supplements.

***Everything above assumes she has a good diet. If that is not true, then that is square one.***

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Show her the pictures of me in my threads. I have used anavar and still am not huge. I also train with high intensity and still only retain serious cuts in a competition diet.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
Show her the pictures of me in my threads. I have used anavar and still am not huge. I also train with high intensity and still only retain serious cuts in a competition diet.
Do you know what she would do to me if she thought I was looking at pics of another woman?:nutkick:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you know what she would do to me if she thought I was looking at pics of another woman?:nutkick:
then first show her THIS thread, with the advice to show her the pics...THEN show her the pics.

It's not like you've been checkin out the log with the lights out, typin with one hand.

or have you?

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
This is a product soon to be on store shelves that is designed for women, or you can use DCP by RPN, and I know a few girls who used Pro-Anabol I think it is from ALRI, in which with a weight training regime worked well for them.
That sounds pretty interesting. I bet it is going to cost about $40 a bottle though.[/QUOTE]

It will probably be about roughly 40 a bottle, its hard to say though, all stores work off of margins.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The only thing that I'm aware of that blocks estrogen in women is nolvadex. I would not recomend that either as when you stop using it the estrogen rebounds and she would be back at square 1 and it comes with wicked sides.

I would maybe try putting her on some fat burners and add to that a herbal test booster. Say RPM or one of Chuck Diesels, he has a womens supp out but I have yet to use it so I'm not sure if it would help. But it is worth a shot. Levi Reloaded has a mild test boosting property as well as the weight loss benefits. So maybe use that as the stim based burner.

High dose fish oil helps to take off estrogenic fat on the lower body so maybe 3000mg of that.

Weight training is a given and 3 days of 30 min cardio at least with a perfect diet!!

HI is the product from Get Diesel line you are talking about is Sunami ?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HI is the product from Get Diesel line you are talking about is Sunami ?
No although you can take Sunami, it is designed for either gender. I can't remember what Chuck said it is called..

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I looked ar Sunami and it looks VERY interesting. I did not see anything else on the Diesel website. I am leaming toward that and a fat burner.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let me go check my pm's and see what it is called.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok, he calls it formula HT. You might pm him and ask about it.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I like it! What do you think about stacking it with Sunami or would that just be redundant?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
He had suggested to me a stack of sunami every 3 days or so and the HT as directed. However I have only tried the Sunami so I have no personal experience on the matter or knowledge of how or what it does for a woman.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I know the DIM is supposed to help move estrogen out of the body. (I used to work at a health food store) I had her on DIM for a minute but she was not as motivated at the time and it is a pain to get her to take pills sometimes.

So my reasoning is that since she has been pumped up with female hormones and the Sunami helps balance the hormones, maybe it would work exponetially faster and help keep her motivated.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
It seems like everything bu Formula HT is there. I looked under the products menu.

I did order the Sunami today. It looks like a great product that will help with what we are hoping to do.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
That stuff sounds great! How will it work with Sunami and when will it be at NP?

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
That stuff sounds great! How will it work with Sunami and when will it be at NP?
Formula HT has been out since 2005. NP stop selling it a few years ago, or they never sold it, I cant remember.

its avail. at fefifo.com

Its a "milder" version of Sunami. It doesnt have to be used with Sunami.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
Sounds like I am onthe right track then. Sunami, a fat burner along with diet and exercise and she should be good to go.

Thanks for the information and help.

The other night she started in with the, "I don't want to get big like a man" discussion again. I told her there are for good reasons why she will never be as big as a man. Two of the reasons are on her chest and the other two I carry with me. She seemed a little comforted.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like I am onthe right track then. Sunami, a fat burner along with diet and exercise and she should be good to go.

Thanks for the information and help.

The other night she started in with the, "I don't want to get big like a man" discussion again. I told her there are for good reasons why she will never be as big as a man. Two of the reasons are on her chest and the other two I carry with me. She seemed a little comforted.
hahaha

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I was cruising around your website and I like the stacks you offer. Are they mainly for PCT or can you run them with out a ph?

cjszip

cjszip

Awards
Get Diesel products are designed to work regardless of the circumstances. They work perfectly during a PCT protocol, but they're also effective supplements anytime.

Personally, I would leave manipulating a woman's hormones to an endocrinologist; not a web forum, not a supplement company. The deeper you delve into endocrinology, the more you understand how extremely complex it truly is. Men are somewhat more resilient- hell, most men here put hormones into their bodies that don't even come from a pharmaceutical laboratory, but instead some "run of the mill" supplement company that just popped up over night with the latest and greatest "wonder steroid". Yet, we still "bounce back". A woman's biochemistry, however, is more complex and requires greater attention to detail, as well as carefully monitored lab samples.

I suggest either you carefully manipulate your wife's hormones, or if you're really THAT concerned, you take her to an endocrinologist who can take blood samples.

You speculate that part of the reason for her difficulty may be an abundance of estrogen- what if lab reports said differently? Are you aware of the consequences of reducing a woman's estrogen levels too much, too early? I'm sure early menopause isn't her new years resolution. I would leave it alone. ALL supplements aside (except a vitamin, fish oil, and some extra calcium/vitamin D) I think you'll be surprised how quickly she responds to traditional intervention- healthy, balanced diet, regular exercise (both resistance/circuit training, and cardiovascular activity) and a healthy lifestyle. I'm sure that Sunami, HD, and many other OTC supplements are perfectly fine for her, but I strongly caution against manipulating her current homeostatic state (also bearing in mind that this current state could still be out of whack) with any kind of direct hormonal intervention without first consulting a CBC.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I spoke to our doctor about doing that and maybe even the HCG diet but he was strongly against it. That is when I decided on a more gentle OTC route. I feel that there will be fewer side effects. From talking to Chuck and reading about Sunami, it does no seem it will do any harm. It is a balancing agent and has no prohormones so I am very comfortable with her using it.

I do appreciate your concern though. I have tried very hard not to go at this hap-hazardly. I do not have enough life insurance on her for anything to happen.

cjszip

cjszip

Awards
I'm glad to hear this. Like I said, I could condone Sunami, as ingredients found in the product are excellent at balancing/improving hormone composition where necessary. It will not likely create a large imbalance, but rather help improve things. Good hear that you've worked closely with a doctor. Mild to low dosage DIM also seems to improve estrogen metabolite ratio.

Chuck's a stand up guy and his products are solid. I'm sure Sunami is good stuff.. I'm about to try DTHC. I've been a fan ever since he first opened up his business (and I told him all ephedra free pre-workout stim's were garbage... he convinced me otherwise, by sending a free bottle of the DF... I think this was about 4-5 yrs ago, and I've been recommending Get Diesel ever since.. Not sure if he remembers me though.)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Perhaps you could get her on his womens formula first to see how it goes. I've been on it for 2 days now and I feel very good.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I have not tried any Get Diesel products, yet. i do like what I have read about the 3 Kings Stack though. I think it was very nice that he took the time to answer any questions I had personally. That goes a long way toward where I look to purchase things.

Crater,
I asked Chuck if Sunami would work with HT and he said that HT was a milder version of Sunami so if it is a little to strong for her or makes her feel funny I will switch to HT for sure.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have both here and the bottles have some different ingredients. He wanted me to use it as directed and then add in Sunami as well on my alternate days.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
I may have her use it as a follow up then. Kind of front load with Sunami and taper off with HT.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote