Shotgun, White Flood, or Black Powder? anyone tried them all?

Super Penguin

Super Penguin

Awards
Ok, so Im just coming off a RPM/Drive stack (awesome by the way) and I am looking for a new pre-workout supp that will give me more pump than the RPM did. (Also Im saving my RPM tabs for cardio days b/c it worked awesome for sprints!) I have taken NO shotgun and No Xplode before, and consistently use Shotgun (Xplode was mild in my opinion) I recieved good results from Shotgun, but it was the old formula and I began getting nauseous during workouts after 1 bottle and a half cycle so I quit using it. It has been a while since I have used an NO supp, (since I wouldnt really count RPM) so I am looking to start fresh w/ a new product. I am really looking for a PW supp that has creatine mono or CEE in it to get an size-building advantage, b/c besides protein it is the only supp I plan on being on for the next few weeks. After researching, the best products i could seem to find were the MRI NO Black Powder, VPX NO Shotgun V3, and Controlled Labs WHITE Flood. They all seem pretty good, and have been reviewed quite well. Can anyone provide additional feedback for me on any of these products (especially in contrast with one another?) I am looking for a product that is more than just energy and pump, and any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has taken all three, a personal opinion on the best of the 3 would be great too. Also, if anyone has taken the old NO Shotgun, as well as the new formula and can comment on changes, better/worse, etc. please provide your .02!

gintonic

Awards
I have tried all three, but settled on regularly using NO Shotgun v.3 for a couple of reasons.

The VPX product contains some protein (no carbs) and I workout first thing in the morning. This helps give me something to sustain the workout, and I have read recently that a protein shake before and after the workout produced the best results. So this then accounts for all my pre-workout needs.

I also like the other two products, and frequently take the Black Powder with me when I travel. It is available in single serving sticks/bags. Also, its got a pretty modest calorie count, so you are free to use those extra calories for anything you like (I stay away from carbs, and supplement in some protein).

Both the VPX and Black Powder taste pretty reasonable.

The White Flood doesn't taste great, but otherwise is also a decent performer. It didn't give quite the impact as the other two, nor does it taste quite as good... but I will work through my tub. Controlled Labs makes great products and this is a solid contender... just maybe behind the power curve against some of the newer competition above.

So for me:

#1 VPX NO Shotgun v.3 (much improved from older version)
#2 MRI Black Powder (easy to use single serve sticks)
#3 CL White Flood (old faithful, from proven supplier)

All good choices. Power-up, and enjoy!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
white flood doesn't contain any creatine, i like having this option.

Marsh11

Marsh11

Awards
  • Established
I ve been noticing there are a lot of pre workout supps that have creatine in them. Its rather annoying to me. That is exactly why I go with the Flood.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
white flood doesn't contain any creatine, i like having this option.
x2

i absolutely love Shotgun, but when i want a serious pre-workout product, and i want to dose my creatine after workouts, i do the White Flood pre/Green Mag post combo.

sometimes i gotta change it up. keep your body guessing- with workout AND supp changes.

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took 2 scoops of white flood yesterday after not taking it for awhile...

I felt amazing, great energy, great mental outlook, solid stimulant properties.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
If you like a pre-workout with creatine then Ragnarok is where it's at. I just get creatine pre and post!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO no shotgun v3 is superior to the others formulation wise, you cant argue with the 10g of free form aminos and whey hydro (not to mention COP, and a damn good stim matrix)

the tablet of WF do you very promising though.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I know a powerlifter in his late 30's that does not like creatine because it bloats him. I find it hard to recommend something to him other than WF because there are alot of formulas that contain creatine. Convenient for some, but when you care so much about fine tuning your physique, it's all about fine tuning what you feed your body as well.

RR

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
White Flood all the way. Great product.

njsfinest

Awards
Juggernaut all the way, best tasting and results were awesome

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
depends on what all you want in an pre w/o sup. NO Shotgun has it all. White Flood just gives you great energy and it makes me more focused on my lifts. I prefer NO Shotgun while bulking.

2jer4

2jer4

Awards
I just picked up shotgun last week after reading a lot of good reviews on it, the taste is great and the 20g protein is even better, but i don't get the pump i got from white flood..maybe adding another scoop will do something..but white flood all day

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
I just picked up shotgun last week after reading a lot of good reviews on it, the taste is great and the 20g protein is even better, but i don't get the pump i got from white flood..maybe adding another scoop will do something..but white flood all day
i actually get about the same pump, i feel pump (for me) is more about pre workout meal watter and the amount of reps i do