Fast metabilisim...?

mattakaspeedy

Awards
Hey guys i have a very fast metabalisim and have hit a wall and finding it hard to put on anymore weight no matter how much i eat. Is there any supp that will slow it down :) ?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem. I don't know of any product that would slow your metabolism. Personally I think fast metab is a good thing as you'll be lean most if not all of your life.

If you want to gain weight, increase your calories and keep eating. Your fast metabolism will provide quality gains

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you can't really just turn down your metabolism with a supp. But I guarantee you that you can gain more weight with more food. You are probably overtraining too if you have stopped gaining. Try taking a few days off and just eat. Count your calories and add an extra 1000+ calories a day if you are really serious about adding some major weight. Lots of protein and lots of complex carbs. But eat the protein and carbs at different meals so that you can digest them both better. If you are working out everyday try only working out every other day. Also make sure you get 8 hours of sleep a night. Try lifting heavier weight for fewer reps.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
it may be more difficult to gain with a fast metabolism but as RenegadeRows said, the gains will be quality as they will almost always be pure muscle. increase your daily caloric intake 2 fold. what i mean is if you intake 2500, calories up the intake close to 4000 per day and lift HARD. avoid a lot of cardio as this, teaming with your fast metabolism will just burn the excess calories needed for your muscle.

good luck!

LiGhTeMuP

mattakaspeedy

Awards
like im 6'5 and about 108 kilo's at the moment and dont have much fat and eat around 3000 cals a day if not more. I was hoping there was a supp that would slow it as there is a supp for everything else. It is good been fast in one way but bad in other's :( Least i know i wont get fat :p~

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
like im 6'5 and about 108 kilo's at the moment and dont have much fat and eat around 3000 cals a day if not more. I was hoping there was a supp that would slow it as there is a supp for everything else. It is good been fast in one way but bad in other's :( Least i know i wont get fat :p~

at your height and weight your not eating nearly enough....

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
at your height and weight your not eating nearly enough....
Yeah I am eating about 4000 cals a day and I am not gaining any weight right now, not trying to really not right now anyway. But I am only 5'11 and 189lbs. You should try and bump it up to 5k cals a day. I guarantee you that you will gain weight then.

SinfulBirth

Awards

You are far from having enough calories. Up your intake a lot... try adding olive oil to your shakes. It might sound nasty but it isn't bad. If you have 4 shakes a day and add olive oil to each you'll get that additional 500 calories and some good fats for hormone production.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
wow 6', 5"? your a big freaking dude. a monster like you needs well over 3000 cal. haha no wonder you don't gain any weight...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3k at your weight is nothing. You're actually pretty fortunate to be that size with such a small amount of food.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established

Being a fellow 6'5"er... I'm taking in about 4500 cals right now and just lifting really hard, it's keeping me pretty lean. You must be all muscle if you have a fast metabolism and weigh 240. Try taking in 5000 to 5500 cals a day if you want to gain.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
Yea i dont have very much bodyfat at all. Im one of those people who can eat junkfood for breakfeast, lunch and dinner every day every week and not get fat, not that i do that thought lol.

So how many cals do you guys think i should be having to bulk up ? 4000, 4500, 5000 ?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
eating 4.5k calories LESS than me brotha. you have far from a fast metabolism.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
so your telling me you eat 7500 per day every day ?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
that cant be what he meant.... but... if it is let me be the first to calllllll Bullsh!t
my bulking diet WAS 7.5k per day. not all solid food obviously. impossible for my stomach to take.

3.5-4k real food,

3.5.-4k split between 3 cups of half and half, half a gallon of milk, and my pre/post workout shake.

its not that hard.

ask any ecto on this board what their bulking diet is once they break 175 lbs :)

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
why would you ever want to eat that far above maintenance???? how long did you do this for? did you get really fat? be honest....

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
why would you ever want to eat that far above maintenance???? how long did you do this for? did you get really fat? be honest....
i try and do this as often as i can. realistically, 5 days per week when bulking or on cycle. my 2 days off, i'm down my two shakes and my half and half, so i'm down to 5k calories on non training days. basically, its the only way i can grow.

did your diet change in the last 3 days?
just got over walking pneumonia, and i'm hoping to get my diet back up there.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
thats just crazy....you eat more than most bodybuilders that weigh 50 lbs more than you...hell i weigh almost 35 lbs more than you and i dont eat anywhere near that...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thats just crazy....you eat more than most bodybuilders that weigh 50 lbs more than you...hell i weigh almost 35 lbs more than you and i dont eat anywhere near that...
lol. you're probably not an ecto :) . i am a little concerned about my metabolism though, maybe an overactive thyroid could be the culprit. as far as i know, i eat more than ecto's bulking at my weight - not a whole lot more, but enough that i should get my thyroid levels checked.