Cost comparison of cutting supps

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Ok, in weave's world there are 2 ways to determine what supps to use for cutting, and they both are interrelated to each other: cost and efficacy! FYI: This thread will focus on cutting supplements, so please respond accordingly.

If a supp works effectively but the cost is just simply too prohibitive, then it's not worth your coin. If it's cheap but it isn't effective, you are also wasting your time. So obviously the most logical thing to do is get the best supp that works decently at a reasonable price.

Well the problem with that is that we are using words like "decently" and "reasonable"! These are subjectove words, and this is where arguments start: on one's perception of the definition of these and where and how that definition is applied. Some judge quality of a product based upon performance... they are willing to spend extra is the performance is above par. Others want somethign that will work not quite as well, but the cost is lower. I do not believe either philosophy is "right" or "wrong", as long as the reasoning behind it is just.

I realize that many factors go into the decision making process for some such as: brand loyalty, availibility, perceived satisfaction, location, shipping time, etc. Pleae list these, as some of these may be in disgareements with your own factors, but that's ok...as long as we realize everyone's decision making process isn't quite the same.

So let's get the ball rolling, shall we? I have done a few quick calculations on some popular cutting supplements using prices from either Power Nutrition, Bulknutrition, or Bodybuilding.com. Believe it or not there wasn't a huge difference in price between all 3 of them, actually. I'll provide my quick calculation using the average price from these 3 places (sans shipping), and figure out how much it costs per day to use this supp at the recommended or effective dosage. If you have a significantly better price or different dosage that you want to share with us, please list that, and redo the calculation for us with a  new number.

I have picked a few thermogenic type cutting supplements that would be ideal for cutting IMO. We can get into others as exotic or odd as you like, simply provide the same breakdown and cost per day (i.e 7-keto, gugg, etc)

1. Nutrex Lipo-6 Effective dose = 6 caps daily 120caps/bottle 20 day supply
The average price is about $27. So 20 days for $27 = 27/20 = $1.35 daily

2. SAN Tight! Effective dose = 3 caps daily 60 caps/bottle 20 days supply
The average price is about $29. So 20 days for $29 = 29/20 = $1.45 daily

3. Ergolean MC Effective dose = 3 caps daily 90 caps/bottle 30 days supply
The average price is about $33. So 30 days for $33 = 33/30 = $1.10 daily

4. VPX Meltdown Effective dose = 6 caps daily 120 caps/bottle 20 day supply
The average price is about $49 So 20 days for $49 = 49/20 = $2.45 daily

5. VPX Clenbutrx Effective dose = 6 caps daily 120 caps/bottle 20 day supply
The average price is about $35. So 20 days for $35 = 35/20 = $1.75 daily

6. Liquid Clenbutrx Effective dose = 10mL daily 240mL/bottle 24 day supply
The average price is about $57. So 24 days for $57 = 57/24 = $2.38 daily

7. AST DymetadrineEFEffective dose = 6 caps daily 100caps/bottle 16 day supply
The average price is about $21. So 16 days for $21 = 21/16 = $1.31 daily

What should be noted is that some of these are ephedra free, or will be soon. I think we all know the ephedra ban will come soon (unfortunately), then we will be forced to deal with "EF" everything :mad:

As I've said before, you may have disagreements or different pricing, dosing, quality concerns, whatever. Just be sure to include reasoning in why you would choose one supp over the other. My personal opinion: I thgink Lipo-6 is looking good for now, but I was also surprised at Ergolean MC's price, although I'm doubtful of how effective it will really be. Big shocker: VPX is expensive :D :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Big shocker: VPX is expensive :D :D
:eek:

well, if you can figure out that the V is for "very" and the P is for "pricey", then you're doin' okay I guess... great points on all counts weave. I have no problems with Nutrex (or SAN), though I can't speak from personal experience with Tight!, the price isn't bad either. if folks like or dislike Ergolean, will be interested to see some other opinions on this.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I also like Vasopro with caffeine pills, don't know the exact price breakdown but it won't make you go broke

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Weave, I think this is a great idea. However, I would like to offer a suggestion. If people would rate the supplement's effectiveness on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best), then we could make a formula that would allow for both cost and effectiveness. Here is how it would look.

Everybody would rate the supplement (1-10 scale) based solely on how effective they thought that product was. Things such as cost (the 1st part of the formula will take care of this), shipping, the company's reputation, etc. should not factor into the rating. If people wanted to make comments in their post that is fine but the rating should be based on how well they thought it worked.

Next, all of the efficacy ratings for a specific product would be averaged. This would give you an averaged efficacy rating.

The last step would be to divide the daily cost of the product by the averaged efficacy rating. The resulting number would be the cost/efficacy rating. The lower the number the better.

For example, let's say that 4 people rated Nutrex's Lipo-6. The scores were 3,6,5, and 6. The averaged efficacy rating would be 5. Then you would simply divide 1.35 by 5. 1.35/5 = .27 which would be it's cost/efficacy rating.

This formula would work well w/ any products that are relatively homogenous in nature. The main problem would be to get enough people to rate the products. It would be interesting to see how this would go over at bb.com. Just my 2 cents.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
nice labrad, I love statistical analysis............ at least when it comes to saving my coin!

Yeah the hardest part would be getting everyone to actually rate them, but I really like that idea. I'm going to put up a new set here soon, compare a bunch more. The problem I think will be comparing apples-to-apples if you knwo what i mean ;)

labrad

Awards
  • Established
nice labrad, I love statistical analysis............ at least when it comes to saving my coin!

Yeah the hardest part would be getting everyone to actually rate them, but I really like that idea. I'm going to put up a new set here soon, compare a bunch more. The problem I think will be comparing apples-to-apples if you knwo what i mean ;)
Thanks. I agree the rating part since it is subjective makes the whole thing imperfect at best. However, if people were to participate, I think it would be very interesting.