L-dopa and sleep
- 12-26-2008, 02:58 AM
- 12-26-2008, 04:56 AM
dopamine is a "feel good hormone," and is normally released when you feel pleasure, or are happy.
a lot of stimulants also act on dopamine and raise it to a level much higher then what is natural, by altering the way that your dopamine receptors act. basically you end up with an unregulated dopamine dump thing going on in your brain to some degree. Methamphetamine and cocaine will do this.
It is widely known that nicotine is a stimulant, and that it triggers dopamine release. this correlation may be what causes the misconception that dopamine itself is a stimulant, when it is not.
Dopamine release just helps you exist in a more pleasent mood, which is relaxing in itself, and thus promoting sleep.
12-26-2008, 12:10 PM
for me USP's PowerFULL helped me sleep, while Uniques L-Dopoa hindered my sleep and gave me anxiety.
Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
Similar Forum Threads
- By spinn in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 2Last Post: 12-08-2006, 07:05 PM
- By machinehead23 in forum Weight LossReplies: 14Last Post: 05-03-2006, 07:36 AM
- By utk1976 in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 03-31-2005, 11:38 PM
- By TheShat in forum AnabolicsReplies: 19Last Post: 10-16-2004, 04:45 PM
- By SCORPIO in forum AnabolicsReplies: 15Last Post: 08-13-2004, 07:45 AM