Fadogia Agrestis PE not effective?

Brother

Brother

Awards
Just wanted to see if anyone could clear up a few things. I read a thread after I puchased a product and was a little leary. Im not trying to beat a dead horse or bring up any issues that throw any company under the bus. I read that Fadogia in this product I bought isnt effective because of the parts of the plant that are used and at the doseage its at. The thread I read made it sound like its all about the "business "side of things and the information given was trashing a certain company. To be honest, if something isnt going to work I think its in the "business's" best interest to let its loyal supporters know. Any input would really help ease my mind about my wallet. Thanks - Brother

Brother

Brother

Awards
Wow.... thanks for the fast response. I appreciate clearing that up for me. Merry christmas

Brother

Brother

Awards
I was being facetious. I got no response what so ever. If I was a doing a log and swinging on some companies balls about how great their product was they'd be all over it. If I ask a question about an issue, that in my opinion was never really answered except for stuff like... leave it alone and its an unwise business move your causing controversy. I was hoping I would get a link or some response to the blood work results. Nada. Makes me think maybe you get booted off here if you expose a product that doesn't work but has some hype. Not saying it doesnt but it seems as if there was real prrof it would glady be told.At this point I have purchased it and will try it. I'll follow up with my own blood work. We shall see.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was being facetious. I got no response what so ever. If I was a doing a log and swinging on some companies balls about how great their product was they'd be all over it. If I ask a question about an issue, that in my opinion was never really answered except for stuff like... leave it alone and its an unwise business move your causing controversy. I was hoping I would get a link or some response to the blood work results. Nada. Makes me think maybe you get booted off here if you expose a product that doesn't work but has some hype. Not saying it doesnt but it seems as if there was real prrof it would glady be told.At this point I have purchased it and will try it. I'll follow up with my own blood work. We shall see.

fadogia is good stuff, theres a few studies on it aswell.:thumbsup:

Brother

Brother

Awards
Yea, I read those too. I was wanting to see if anyone with some data could let me know what what type of differnce the study extract and the Fadogia Agrestis PE is. Anything besides ...its good stuff . No offence. I came across a thread at M@M forum and it looks like the guys a little jaded towards AM for booting him. Then I read his thread here and it just seems like there was never any real data that matched the study that says its good stuff. He claims the stuff in the study is completly different. And this form of Fadogia is bunk. I was hoping the minds that are anabolic could help me out here. Im just a cave man dude...its a rough life :)

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea, I read those too. I was wanting to see if anyone with some data could let me know what what type of differnce the study extract and the Fadogia Agrestis PE is. Anything besides ...its good stuff . No offence. I came across a thread at M@M forum and it looks like the guys a little jaded towards AM for booting him. Then I read his thread here and it just seems like there was never any real data that matched the study that says its good stuff. He claims the stuff in the study is completly different. And this form of Fadogia is bunk. I was hoping the minds that are anabolic could help me out here. Im just a cave man dude...its a rough life :)

theres so many different extracts to know for sure unless you have blood work to be honest.

i couldnt find that thread your talking about. but who knows man some people dont respond to things.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
theres so many different extracts to know for sure unless you have blood work to be honest.

i couldnt find that thread your talking about. but who knows man some people dont respond to things.
Here are a couple of studies by Dr. Toyin Yakubu- he is a friend of mine from Nigeria who specializes in medicinal plant research at the University of Ilorin. I have talked to him about potentially importing the same extract used in the scientific studies, and we are currently working with the Nigerian government at the moment to try and make this happen.

That being said, I have no idea of what Fadogia Agrestis PE is in terms of plant material (aerial, root, stem, etc.), or if the correct extraction methods dictated in Toyins' studies were even used. Assay/testing methods for Fadogia are underdeveloped at best- I included a study below for your perusal on assay methods used to identify several different glycosides in fadogia. They used NMR, some chemical extraction, and some MS, and in doing so, they isolated some active components. Unfortunately, in some plant species, there can be hundreds, if not thousands of actives, so this may or may not really tell us much, if anything. So, in reality, when you use a product with Fadogia Agrestis PE, it may be hit or miss, depending on the supplier.....

Asian J Androl. 2005 Dec;7(4):399-404. Links
Aphrodisiac potentials of the aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Schweinf. Ex Hiern) stem in male albino rats.Yakubu MT, Akanji MA, Oladiji AT.
Medicinal Plants Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, University of Ilorin, PMB 1515, Ilorin, Nigeria. [email protected]

AIM: To evaluate the phytochemical constituents and the aphrodisiac potential of the aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Rubiaceae) stem in male albino rats. METHODS: The aqueous stem extract of the plant was screened for phytochemical constituents. Male rats were orally dosed with 18 mg/kg, 50 mg/kg and 100 mg/kg body weight, respectively, of the extract at 24 h intervals and their sexual behavior parameters and serum testosterone concentration were evaluated at days 1, 3 and 5. RESULTS: Phytochemical screening revealed the presence of alkaloids and saponins while anthraquinones and flavonoids are weakly present. All the doses resulted in significant increase in mount frequency, intromission frequency and significantly prolonged the ejaculatory latency (P 0.05) and reduced mount and intromission latency (P 0.05). There was also a significant increase in serum testosterone concentrations in all the groups in a manner suggestive of dose-dependence (P 0.05). CONCLUSION: The aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis stem increased the blood testosterone concentrations and this may be the mechanism responsible for its aphrodisiac effects and various masculine behaviors. It may be used to modify impaired sexual functions in animals, especially those arising from hypotestosteronemia.

J Ethnopharmacol. 2008 Jan 17;115(2):288-92. Epub 2007 Oct 9. Links
Effects of oral administration of aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Schweinf. Ex Hiern) stem on some testicular function indices of male rats.Yakubu MT, Akanji MA, Oladiji AT.
Medicinal Plants Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, University of Ilorin, P.M.B. 1515 Ilorin, Nigeria. [email protected]

AIM OF THE STUDY: The effects of administration of aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Schweinf. Ex Hiern) stem on some testicular function indices of male rats (Rattus norvegicus) and their recovery potentials for 10 days were investigated. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Rats were grouped into four: A, B, C and D where A (the control) received orally 1 ml of distilled water (the vehicle), B, C and D (the test groups) received orally on daily basis graded doses of 18, 50 and 100mg/kg body weight of the plant extract, respectively, for 28 days. RESULTS: Compared with the control, extract administration for 28 days at all the doses resulted in significant increase (P<0.05) in percentage testes-body weight ratio, testicular cholesterol, sialic acid, glycogen, acid phosphatase and gamma-glutamyl transferase activities while there was significant decrease (P<0.05) in the activities of testicular alkaline phosphatase, acid phosphatase, glutamate dehydrogenase and concentrations of protein. Recoveries were made by the animals on some of the testicular function indices mainly at 18 mg/kg body weight. CONCLUSIONS: The alterations brought about by the aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis stem are indications of adverse effects on the male rat testicular function and this may adversely affect the functional capacities of the testes. The recovery made at the dose of 18 mg/kg body weight as used in folklore medicine suggests that it does not exhibit permanent toxicity at this dose.

Phytochemistry. 2008 Feb;69(3):805-11. Epub 2007 Nov 7. Links
Monoterpene glycosides isolated from Fadogia agrestis.Anero R, Díaz-Lanza A, Ollivier E, Baghdikian B, Balansard G, Bernabé M.
Departamento de Farmacognosia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Alcalá de Henares, Carretera Madrid-Barcelona, Km-33,600, 28871 Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, Spain.

Six monoterpene glycosides were isolated from Fadogia agrestis. Their structures were elucidated using a combination of mass spectroscopy, 1D- and 2D-homo- and hetero-NMR spectroscopy and chemical analysis, and established as being derivatives of 2,6-dimethyl-2(E),6(Z)-octadiene-1,8-diol containing from two to four units of rhamnopyranose and, three of them, one or two additional units of glucopyranose. In three of the compounds an acyl group of 8-hydroxy-2,6-dimethyl-2(E),6(Z)-octadienoyl was found esterifying the O-2 position of one of the units of rhamnopyranose.

Brother

Brother

Awards

I know. The guy wasnt talking about how he responded. He was questions methods of using the plant. And I believe he was trying to promote his company in some way by flamming another. I was just a little uneasey after buying it that the focus of the conversation was mainy business edicate instead of some solid data backing a proving their point. I guess we will have debate about almost all methods of extraction to some degree. It has some good revies from some good logs. Mine gets here the 22. I was going to stack it with prime but I think Im going to wait and run it solo. THank for your input

Brother

Brother

Awards
rms80 , thanks alot. I will take some time and try to let my little caveman brain absorb this. This is really alot of help. Now I can comtinue my OCD googling of this product ;) Great help. Thank you

This sums up my question "That being said, I have no idea of what Fadogia Agrestis PE is in terms of plant material (aerial, root, stem, etc.), or if the correct extraction methods dictated in Toyins' studies were even used." It would have been nice to have someone from the company touch those questions. Its looking like that wont be happening. Thanks alot rms80. You're a good kid!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i believe the stuff in Primal male and the cryogenix is legit,

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
rms80 , thanks alot. I will take some time and try to let my little caveman brain absorb this. This is really alot of help. Now I can comtinue my OCD googling of this product ;) Great help. Thank you

This sums up my question "That being said, I have no idea of what Fadogia Agrestis PE is in terms of plant material (aerial, root, stem, etc.), or if the correct extraction methods dictated in Toyins' studies were even used." It would have been nice to have someone from the company touch those questions. Its looking like that wont be happening. Thanks alot rms80. You're a good kid!
no problem- wish I could help you out more- but I can't comment for what other companies do.....

Brother

Brother

Awards
Yea, I understand. Im very curious as to why they cant speak for themselves though. I havnt directly asked but it would seem like if its your only ingedient you would respond. I didnt call any names so as not to offend the guilty :) Awesome dogs by the way rms. I was raised with pits my whole life. They sure get a bad rap. They have the best temper and are great family dogs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The guy over at M&M is about as credible as The Onion. Ignore anything he has to say when it comes to supplements.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea, I understand. Im very curious as to why they cant speak for themselves though. I havnt directly asked but it would seem like if its your only ingedient you would respond. I didnt call any names so as not to offend the guilty :) Awesome dogs by the way rms. I was raised with pits my whole life. They sure get a bad rap. They have the best temper and are great family dogs.
they are America Bulldogs- Bianca is a Scott type and Mugsy is a Johnson- but the are very similar to pits- and yes- they are wonderful dogs

Brother

Brother

Awards
The guy over at M&M is about as credible as The Onion. Ignore anything he has to say when it comes to supplements.
Yea thats the vibe I got . I was mainly curious as to why the response was aimed at his charecter and the business aspect rather than the validity of the product. Well, Im going to let the product speak for itself. Hopefully Im a responder to whatever Fadogia thingamagigy is in it :think:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea thats the vibe I got . I was mainly curious as to why the response was aimed at his charecter and the business aspect rather than the validity of the product. Well, Im going to let the product speak for itself. Hopefully Im a responder to whatever Fadogia thingamagigy is in it :think:
Because he would claim that everything was inferior to his lineup and recommended his natty test booster as adequate PCT for PH/PS. He and Dsade went back and forth about his claims and he never had any reasons for his stance.