Anxiety?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anything available in a supplement form, prefably herbal to help with mild axiety? Really dont wanna start popping xanax.. any suggestions would be great!!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anything available in a supplement form, prefably herbal to help with mild axiety? Really dont wanna start popping xanax.. any suggestions would be great!!

STOKED! that would be great the Trans Res is a SSRI which is used in many people with Cued anxiety disorders!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what other side effects does stoked have? I dont really wanna be jittery all day, and what is the primary function of it? is it like a fat burner or a pre workout drink of some sort???? thanks for the advice bud!

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
judo,
heres a link to Stoked!
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/stoked-120-capsules.html
gets a lot of great reviews as its a rather versatile supp, although i have not used it yet personally.

another thing to looking into is phenibut. it is extremly good at reducing anxiety. do a little google search or search the forums if your not familiar with it. it is absolutely worth looking into. good luck bro

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut works wonders in small doses. Nutraplanet carries it in bulk.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what other side effects does stoked have? I dont really wanna be jittery all day, and what is the primary function of it? is it like a fat burner or a pre workout drink of some sort???? thanks for the advice bud!
its a natural test booser with many other great benifits!!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Stoked does contain Trans-reservatrol which helps one to be in a well-stae of being, try also rhidiola rosea, small amounts of natural form of l-dopa, picamilon, and holy basil.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
why on earth would you not wanna get XANAX? you could use it when your anxious...or when your out of weed and you want to kill the blow so you can sleep...lol

in all seriousness tho why would you use a crappy product like stoked??? get something good like post cycle support!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why on earth would you not wanna get XANAX? you could use it when your anxious...or when your out of weed and you want to kill the blow so you can sleep...lol

in all seriousness tho why would you use a crappy product like stoked??? get something good like post cycle support!
lol.. I have tried weed before and it makes my anxiety worse.. my mind races and worries about the dumbest things and not too mention the whole paranoid thing and I get a weird self esteem issues when high...

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Geranium on nutra, its amazing and makes you feel great. Combine it with phenibut.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Geranium on nutra, its amazing and makes you feel great. Combine it with phenibut.
That sounds like a fun combo to try, but don't think geranimine would be too good for anxiety being as its a potent stimulant.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
ehhh its not quite like caffeine and it makes you feel good so even though you have energy and you are focused your mood is always good on it, instead of being just mellowed out like on anti-d drugs.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would also suggest Phenibut. Maybe 500 mgs with 50 mgs 5-htp. SNS has capped Phenibut or you could go with the bulk powder.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
try bacopa monnieri- about 500-1500 mg/day of the 40% extract per day will really produce some calming effects- try it- really works well

also, give 5-HTP a try- take 200mg every 2nd or 3rd day (but not every day)- works wonders

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Stoked does contain Trans-reservatrol which helps one to be in a well-stae of being, try also rhidiola rosea, small amounts of natural form of l-dopa, picamilon, and holy basil.
trans-res does have some mood-enhancement qualities b/c it increases cAMP, and forskolin is good as well for this.....

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
klonopin is great for me...makes you fearless

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
Kratom!

Kratom is like a gift from the gods to me when it comes to reducing anxiety. If you use it in moderation it can be the perfect "supplement" to help with mild depression, insomnia and anxiety. It's 100% legal and very very safe. If you want more info and/or a link to a superb supplier, just pm me!

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I have very high anxiety and will probably ask to be put on a prescription soon but for now I take GABA, L-Theanine, Relora, and Valerian Root to sleep. All of these are very inexpensive and do work if you take them daily.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
klonopin is great for me...makes you fearless
got a pretty good story about klons- my family- aunts, uncles, parents, cousins, etc. all went to Australia in 2002- bout' a 48 hour flight counting layovers, etc. entire family met in Memphis for the flight out to LA, and then to Melbourne. took 3 mg of klonopin before leaving memphis- apparently I missed:

1. falling asleep for the entire 5 hr. flight to LA
2. basically stumbling through LAX across the domestic and int'l terminals
3. passing out again for the entire 6 hr. layover in LA
4. waking up long enough to board the plane
5. sleeping for the entire + or - 20 hour flight to Sydney
6. sleeping on my cousins girlfriend (I weighed 245 lbs. at the time, literally squashed her against the window for 20 hours) and snoring so loudly that they had to put a blanket over my head
7. woke up long enough to go through int'l customs
8. slept the entire 5 hr plane ride to Perth
9. woke up long enough to check into our hotel
10. slept another 9 hrs. at hotel
11. having your entire family think you are a crackhead- when in reality you just get bored when you fly- so I figured it would be better just to sleep:thumbsup:

don't **** w/ klons ;)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
whats the reason behind taking every second or third day

too much serotonin can make you real spacey.....and it builds up quick if you take 5-HTP daily

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Plus an excess amount of seratonin or any other nuerotransmitter is generally bad because you'll end up down regulating the receptors and that makes it hard to pin down what your problem is.

If pot makes you edgy you likely have an issue with too much dopamine so avoid anything that jacks those levels.

Rhodiola and holy basil are golden standards for reducing anxiety IMO, although Rhodi can be slightly tricky to find the ideal dose per individual. Holy basil you can take as much as you want and it just seems to work better and better.

Good ethanolic extracts of Lemon Balm and Oat Seed are awesome if used 2-3x per day. Greatly reduces anxiety to the point where you can hardly imagine why your situation was causing you grief. Enhances sleep quality a lot as well.

I prefer straight L-Tryptophan to the 5HTP which seems a bit harder to dose for me. Both work, but IMO there's less chance of your body overproducing seratonin with regular tryp.

I gotta get me some Klonipin, lol.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys ive started taking 5 htp from NOW and the bottle says take 1 a day think il up it to 2 or 3 and then take a couple of days off and repeat

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am going to come at this from a different angle. Instead of relying on some sort of crutch be it OTC or RX, read up and practice meditation. This has helped me to stay relaxed and calm during even the most stressful times. Plus, it has a myriad of other benefits in you everyday life.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Pfffffft! If it's not in a pill, it's not real.

Juuust kiddin! Yoga works well too.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Relora and ashwagandha stacked 3x a day. These help the body and mind adapt to stress. Valerian in the evening and at night to relax. It may take a few weeks to over a month to notice a difference but it will keep getting stronger and you should notice increased tolerance to stress.

HulkWillSmashU

HulkWillSmashU

Awards
Plus an excess amount of seratonin or any other nuerotransmitter is generally bad because you'll end up down regulating the receptors and that makes it hard to pin down what your problem is.

If pot makes you edgy you likely have an issue with too much dopamine so avoid anything that jacks those levels.

Rhodiola and holy basil are golden standards for reducing anxiety IMO, although Rhodi can be slightly tricky to find the ideal dose per individual. Holy basil you can take as much as you want and it just seems to work better and better.

Good ethanolic extracts of Lemon Balm and Oat Seed are awesome if used 2-3x per day. Greatly reduces anxiety to the point where you can hardly imagine why your situation was causing you grief. Enhances sleep quality a lot as well.

I prefer straight L-Tryptophan to the 5HTP which seems a bit harder to dose for me. Both work, but IMO there's less chance of your body overproducing seratonin with regular tryp.

I gotta get me some Klonipin, lol.

I tried the Holy Basil and it seemed to make my anxiety worse. How is that even possible??

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It is possible, yes. My wife has panic attacks on several of the herbs listed above...she's just wired differently.

Darvoset also amps her up so go figure.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
My advice, as someone with a lot of experience with anxiety:

Get your ass off the internet and go to a better psychiatrist. Find someone that went to a top 10 school and graduated at the top of their class. This is the best thing I ever did. I was put on SSRI's, had problems being disinhibited and spacey and then went off. I tried using over the counter stuff for years without a lot of long term success. I found a good psych, went on a small treatment course with a dopamine inhibitor and I am doing the best I ever have. Along with proper medication, I found that lifestyle and diet changes helped a lot too. Stop drinking energy drinks and start drinking coffee. Stay as active as possible. ETC.

You should not be consulting people who have no medical background about a complex psychological affliction.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"You should not be consulting people who have no medical background about a complex psychological affliction."

Like you?

ktw

Awards
  • Established
"You should not be consulting people who have no medical background about a complex psychological affliction."

Like you?
I was directing him to go to an expert, not telling him what supps he should take or giving him advice based on anecdotal evidence that has no medical support.

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
I have had problems with anxiety when dosing some supplements. Phenubit sounds like a good opp in my opinion!

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I have had problems with anxiety when dosing some supplements. Phenubit sounds like a good opp in my opinion!
I'd stay away from phenibut. Works shorterm then it gives you long term effects like more anxiety. I have permanent tolerance to it. Search the boards.. many others have it too.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Either order online or go to your local Whole Foods Market and look for "Herb Pharm - Good mood tonic"
Compound is St John's wort, ashwagandha root, skullcap flowering herb, and prickly ash bark.

Stuff works wonders for me and I have major anxiety issues, and like you, I refuse to be on meds for it.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Check out Cognitive Nutrition's L-Theanine. I've recently been trying this stuff out. Its like a mild OTC xanex.

HulkWillSmashU

HulkWillSmashU

Awards
My advice, as someone with a lot of experience with anxiety:

Get your ass off the internet and go to a better psychiatrist. Find someone that went to a top 10 school and graduated at the top of their class. This is the best thing I ever did. I was put on SSRI's, had problems being disinhibited and spacey and then went off. I tried using over the counter stuff for years without a lot of long term success. I found a good psych, went on a small treatment course with a dopamine inhibitor and I am doing the best I ever have. Along with proper medication, I found that lifestyle and diet changes helped a lot too. Stop drinking energy drinks and start drinking coffee. Stay as active as possible. ETC.

You should not be consulting people who have no medical background about a complex psychological affliction.
I hear what you are saying but I haven't had any success with psychiatrists to me it was just a guessing game for them just like it is for me.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
That's why I said do some research and find someone that really knows their ****. Go and interview them and ask them questions about treatment success rates, etc. It may take a few visits to find the right guy, but it's worth it.

HulkWillSmashU

HulkWillSmashU

Awards
That's why I said do some research and find someone that really knows their ****. Go and interview them and ask them questions about treatment success rates, etc. It may take a few visits to find the right guy, but it's worth it.
Can I ask which dopamine inhibitor you are taking?