Teenager looking at supplements

Basketball23

Awards
Hey im 16 and 5ft10 137lbs. Im looking to add weight. I did a thread earlier and got some great responses. I was told that Labrada supplements are great. I plan on getting the ProV 60 and the Lean Mass 60. Im also looking at the Crealean 2 and Crealean. Any suggestions? And i was looking at glutalean. I am also interested in knowing of the best multivitamin out there and a good multimineral. For a BCAA i have my eyes set on Purple Wrath. Is that good?

Any help will be appreciated and greatly used.

Also i am an ectomorph so a workout for me would be nice also.

poptopop77

Awards
Since you are only 16 your natural test levels are still really high. Almost all the responses you are going to get are going to tell you to stick to the essentials, such as protein,multi,fish oils, bcaas, creatine and the most important of all diet.

If your trying to gain weight at your age you shouldn't rely on supplements, in other words, eat eat eat. Starting a clean diet and hitting the weights hard will yield significant gains in the weight room.

As far as different companies go. Look at MST MVP/ZMK multi/mineral stack and Xtend for BCAAs.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Food and lots of it first of all.. I think I answered that stuff in your other thread.

Whey- 50g 15 min after post-workout WMS
Waxy Maize Starch(WMS)- 60-90g immediatly post-workout(if taking creatine mix them)
Fish Oil- 6-12g day spread out
Multi

MAYBE
Creatine- 5g pre-workout, 5g post-workout

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Food, Whey/Casein protein maybe, BCAAs, multi, and some creatine should be considered. That's about it though.

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
focus on getting enough calories. eat as much as you can, and find a good protein shake. if you are getting enough protein, there is no need for a BCAA powder unless for some reason you want to go on a cut (you get enough bcaas from protein powder) , but you want to gain weight so just focus on getting enough calories and protein. There is also no need to take more than 5g a day of creatine (just stick with monohydrate like creapure) If you are interested in different types of training, i always recommend buying "High Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way" and "Static Contraction Training"

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. supplements won't do crap for you if you can't gain anything without them.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Good advice in here thus far. I have two things to add though...sleep & workout HARD.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
and stop whacking off it decreases testosterone levels

Basketball23

Awards
ahaha ill try to stop whacking off lol thanks for advice please keep it coming

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreeing with the guys.

At your age you DON'T need anything but the staples:
* Creatine - AN NeoVar Recomped or MST Cre-02
* Multivitamin - MHP Activite Sport, NOW Adam, or AN Complete-Balance
* Good Fats
* Protein powder (but only if you can't get enough from your diet, or for convenience)

Aside from that EAT EAT EAT!!! Train appropriately, and make sure that you get adequate recovery!

When you're older (>18 years) and have more training experience, then would be the time to start experimenting with different supplements/products (and note that by 'experimenting' I do NOT mean anything hormonal!)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Agreeing with the guys.

At your age you DON'T need anything but the staples:
* Creatine - AN NeoVar Recomped or MST Cre-02
* Multivitamin - MHP Activite Sport, NOW Adam, or AN Complete-Balance
* Good Fats
* Protein powder (but only if you can't get enough from your diet, or for convenience)

Aside from that EAT EAT EAT!!! Train appropriately, and make sure that you get adequate recovery!

When you're older (>18 years) and have more training experience, then would be the time to start experimenting with different supplements/products (and note that by 'experimenting' I do NOT mean anything hormonal!)
those are all the supplements you need for a beginners bulk. here are my two contributions, which got me from 126 to 175 naturally so i hope it helps. if i can do this bulk from 29-32 years old, there's no reason your gains should be any less.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/109366-ectomorph-workout.html

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
???????????

ummmm, no
i was kidding, but ya never know

Chinese researchers conducted a study in 2003, and enlisted twenty-eight male volunteers to abstain from ejaculation for a period of one week. The participants were tested daily for deviations on serum testosterone levels. The Chinese study was the first to measure the influence of ejaculation frequency on serum testosterone levels, and the results are provocative.

Researchers found that abstaining from ejaculation for six days had no impact on serum testosterone levels. On the seventh day, serum testosterone levels peaked to 145.7% of baseline, and then declined rapidly on the eighth day.7,8

Researchers believe testosterone declined on day eight from the negative feedback suppression of Leutinizing hormone secretion. Leutinizing hormone is essential for testosterone production, and LH determines free testosterone levels. Suppression of LH would decrease serum testosterone levels, returning them to baseline. The study determined that the frequency of sexual activity and ejaculation impacted testosterone levels.

By postponing ejaculation for seven days, testosterone levels spike. This testosterone spike is thought efficacious for muscle building and recovery.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established

Chinese researchers conducted a study in 2003, and enlisted twenty-eight male volunteers to abstain from ejaculation for a period of one week. The participants were tested daily for deviations on serum testosterone levels. The Chinese study was the first to measure the influence of ejaculation frequency on serum testosterone levels, and the results are provocative.

Researchers found that abstaining from ejaculation for six days had no impact on serum testosterone levels. On the seventh day, serum testosterone levels peaked to 145.7% of baseline, and then declined rapidly on the eighth day.7,8

Researchers believe testosterone declined on day eight from the negative feedback suppression of Leutinizing hormone secretion. Leutinizing hormone is essential for testosterone production, and LH determines free testosterone levels. Suppression of LH would decrease serum testosterone levels, returning them to baseline. The study determined that the frequency of sexual activity and ejaculation impacted testosterone levels.

By postponing ejaculation for seven days, testosterone levels spike. This testosterone spike is thought efficacious for muscle building and recovery.
I dont know how credible MANSWERS is but here is a clip on the subject about it..

YouTube - Manswers "sex before the big game"

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established

ok I was hoping you were kidding. It's kind of hard to tell through these damn interwebs.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Eat more eggs!!!!

Eggs = best food for test, and its great for protein!!!