Just read that Chef Jay Trioplex Bars failed label testing

rpward210

Far Beyond Driven
Awards
Ugh, at least I always take ALA with these bars. Good post bro.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I guess if you are going to fail, you might as well fail big time. I haven't heard back from Chef Jay yet.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
WOW! I know by law that there is like 10% allowance for label fluctuations, but that is ridiculous.

BMZ

Awards
that's why I don't eat those BS protein and/or meal replacement bars........they all suck anyway...
I eat real food....
no replacement for that.

jaketparker

Awards
that's why I don't eat those BS protein and/or meal replacement bars........they all suck anyway...
I eat real food....
no replacement for that.
There deffinately is no replacement for real food. I eat that as often as i possibly can. But when you need the extra cals and what not for bulking, bars like this make all the difference in the world. Its frustrating after eating these things and then figuring out that your not getting nearly what you thought you were getting out of the bar. Not even close to what i thought i was getting.....

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I was planning on trying some until I read that the other day :mad:

That makes Detour's results look like they have NASA standards :D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm no longer a bar guy...used to be. During my S1+ cycle, I was eating 2 Detours a day, and I swear I think they have a big reason for the fat I gained while on. Thats 720 calories of bullshit when I should have been eating another chicken breast..oh well...ya live and ya learn

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I just use shakes instead of bars. Customizer and Optimum's protein have been good to me. BUMP on real food, you'll always know exactly how much protein you're getting with tuna, chicken etc.