Best products for protein synthesis?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.72%

Best products for protein synthesis?

i guess bcaa and EAA are the most important, is there anything else to take for better protein synthesis?
    I Found this thread very helpful, to bad hes banned. Wonder what he did.

Protein Synthesis: How does the Body Use and Break Down Protein?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GetDatFool View Post
    i guess bcaa and EAA are the most important, is there anything else to take for better protein synthesis?
    I Found this thread very helpful, to bad hes banned. Wonder what he did.

Protein Synthesis: How does the Body Use and Break Down Protein?
    this was supposed to be the next big (no hormonal) thing on increasing protein synthesis, but a pharmaceutical company patented the compound and the companies that were starting to sell the stuff had to discontinued the supplements(bsn ncg-cr was one of them), you still can find it here and there , do some research, I stock up with it cause some friends of mine tested it and they really had good results

J Nutr. 2007 Feb;137(2):315-9. Links
    Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of piglets.
    Frank JW, Escobar J, Nguyen HV, Jobgen SC, Jobgen WS, Davis TA, Wu G.

This study investigated the potential mechanisms by which oral supplementation of N-carbamylglutamate (NCG), an analogue of endogenous N-acetylglutamate (an activator of arginine synthesis) increases growth rate in sow-reared piglets. Two piglets of equal body weight (BW) and of the same gender from each lactating sow were allotted to receive oral administration of 0 (control) or 50 mg of NCG/kg BW every 12 h for 7 d. Piglets (n=32; BW=3 kg) were studied in the food-deprived or fed state following the 7 d of treatment. Overnight food-deprived piglets were given NCG or water (control) at time 0 and 60 min. Piglets studied in the fed state were gavage-fed sow's milk with their respective NCG treatment at 0 and 60 min. At 60 min, the piglets were administered a flooding dose of [3H]phenylalanine and killed at 90 min to measure tissue protein synthesis. Piglets treated with NCG gained 28% more weight than control pigs (P<0.001) over the 7-d period. Fed pigs had greater rates of protein synthesis in longissimus dorsi and gastrocnemius muscles and duodenum compared with food-deprived pigs (P<0.001). Absolute protein synthesis rates in longissimus dorsi (P=0.050) and gastrocnemius (P=0.068) muscles were 30 and 21% greater, respectively, in NCG-treated compared with control pigs. Piglets supplemented with NCG also had greater plasma concentrations of arginine and somatotropin than control pigs (P<0.001). The results suggest that oral NCG supplementation increases plasma arginine and somatotropin levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis in nursing piglets.
  3. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Whole food protein consists of various amino acids in various amounts depending upon the source.

Consuming various forms of whole food protein will provide you with sufficient amino acids.

A basic protein blend usually will provide you with a full spectrum of BCAA's and EAA's in various quantities.

Though the article and information contained is informative, it is just that; information.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i was wondering what happened to the new bsn product coming out, but now i know and knowing is half the battle...
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jsp0785 View Post
    i was wondering what happened to the new bsn product coming out, but now i know and knowing is half the battle...
    it will never come out bro...
    the funny thing is that it supposedly works, moral of the story ,stuff that really works are easier to find with a prescription, lol
    Last edited by nunes; 12-18-2008 at 08:48 PM.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nunes View Post
    it will never come out bro...
    the funny thing is that it supposedly works, moral of the story stuff that really works are easier to find with a prescription, lol
    props to BSN for trying to come out with something new and good. people lump them in with MT but i don't think they're even close
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.44%

so add protein with carbs = good?
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro