Lean Xtreme new formula?

AML

Awards
In addition to 7OH(7HydroxyDehydroepiandrosterone) this new formula also contains 5ATtm (7hydroxy17B-DihydroDehydroepiandrosterone) What is the 5ATtm compound? Is it an androgen? What does it do?Thanks

AML

Awards
Does 5ATtm stand for 5-Androstene-3B,7B,17B-triol? Is this the same compound as 7hydroxy17B-DihydroDehydroepiandrosterone? I was thinking that 5AT might stand for 5-androstenetriol.Is this right?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea, but it sounds interesting!

I think bb.com has some DS reps.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In addition to 7OH(7HydroxyDehydroepiandrosterone) this new formula also contains 5ATtm (7hydroxy17B-DihydroDehydroepiandrosterone) What is the 5ATtm compound? Is it an androgen? What does it do?Thanks
Not sure it is a NEW formula. I have been using Lean Xtreme for 3 months now, and the formula has been the same throughout:
* Green Tea Extract (50% EGCG)
* Coleus Forskohlii (40% Forskolin)
* 5-AT (7-hydroxy 17B-dihydro dehydroepiandrosterone)
* 7OH (7-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone)

Dehydroepiandrosterone is the adrenal androgen DHEA (Gallagher & Young, 2002; Williams, 1992), one of the main precursors to testosterone (and androstenediol), and also a neurosteroid (Baulieu, 1997; Khorram, 1996).

7-hydroxy 17B-dihydro dehydroepiandrosterone (i.e. 5-AT) is a metabolite of DHEA, just as 7OH is (Longcope, 1996).

As for what it DOES, this may help you (see BOLD):
Simply put, Lean Xtreme™ is the best non-stimulant based fat burner ever made. That is a lofty claim, we know; but we also believe it’s true. Lean Xtreme™ targets multiple pathways to assist fat loss while lowering cortisol, maintaining muscle tone and optimizing the body’s immune function in order to promote the ideal fat burning, muscle sparing environment. That’s a mouthful, so let us explain how it works and get a little technical.

Cortisol, the stress hormone, alters the way your body stores fat, essentially increasing levels of what is known as visceral adipose tissue (VAT) or in layman’s terms, the solid belly fat that plagues most human beings. VAT is very difficult to lose when cortisol levels remain excessive. The weight loss issue is further compounded by cortisol’s effect on the thyroid gland.

Thyroid output is directly correlated with metabolic rate and weight loss, governing both muscle building (via protein synthesis) and fat burning. High stress levels from increased cortisol levels can exhaust the adrenals and negatively impact the release of thyroid hormones T3 and T4. Cortisol also has a prominent impact on appetite, affects bone density, suppresses the immune system and negatively affects cognitive performance such as memory and quick thinking. To summarize, too much cortisol can be very damaging to your body.

Lean Xtreme™ utilizes 7-OH™, Phosphatidylserine and 5-AT™ to control cortisol, enhance thyroid and lower stress levels by influencing cytokines responsible for inflammation and cortisol signaling. Lean Xtreme™ also includes Forskolin to improve body composition and signal optimal testosterone levels. A high potency Green Tea Extract (EGCG) is added for the wide array of health benefits, including its amazing ability to further advance the immune system, boost fat loss and prevent future fat gains. Through the use of DS’ new Extended Release Technology™, Lean Xtreme™ provides a consistent release of its ingredients to allow for constant cortisol control and fat loss.

When you diet, your body fights to hold onto as much body fat as it can, making your efforts at weight loss extremely difficult. At the other end of the spectrum, when bulking, your body is more than happy to take on extra body fat in preparation for future diets. The new and improved Lean Xtreme™ prepares for the potential issues that arise during both of these times and is therefore an excellent tool for dieting and lean bulking. In both instances, Lean Xtreme™ is a necessary ingredient for successful body recomposition, making it one of the most versatile and effective products on the market.

Does 5ATtm stand for 5-Androstene-3B,7B,17B-triol? Is this the same compound as 7hydroxy17B-DihydroDehydroepiandrosterone? I was thinking that 5AT might stand for 5-androstenetriol.Is this right?
5-AT IS 7-hydroxy 17B-dihydro dehydroepiandrosterone (the tm just indicates 'trademark').

Peter Singer

Awards
5-Androstene-3B,7B,17B-triol(Delta 5-androstene-3b,7b,17b,triol) = Androstenetriol
This is in the new Lean FX.;)

getsum27

getsum27

Awards
so would i piss positive on a steroid test? i ask because i get steroid tested reguarly....this is important. thanks!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so would i piss positive on a steroid test? i ask because i get steroid tested reguarly....this is important. thanks!
Depends what whoever tests you considers as "banned substabces". NCAA has their own list of "prohibited substances", and it differs from the WADA list of prohibited substances. Military forces may have their own list as well.

Going from the World Anti-Doping Code (WADA): The 2008 Prohibited Substances List International Standard (effective 1 January 2008, link http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/2008_List_En.pdf), then NO it would NOT test positive, as 7OH and 5-AT are metabolites of DHEA, and not DHEA (if you were taking a product containing DHEA, then you might test positive, depending on the amount in your system); and are not in the list of metabolites mentioned that would be further investigated if their values deviated from the range of values found in humans with normal endogenous production (WADA, 2007).

However, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Also note, that if a supplement contains substances that may affect an athlete, then it should mention on the 'Warning' label as "Not to be taken by athletes in serious competition".

getsum27

getsum27

Awards
thanks very much for your response Guejsn. I know that sometimes when they do steroid tests they are just picking up metabolites, so that is what i was worried about, not the actual hormone itself. i guess i should just stay away from all hormonal products to be safe as you said. be well!

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
The 5-AT (a DHEA metabolite like 7-OH) does not have any androgenic activity. I also highly doubt it would show up on any type of drug test. As for what it does, this is taken from the Write-up:

5-AT appears to be a very potent inhibitor of glucocorticoids1-3 and their adverse effects through modulation of the cytokine and interleukin systems. While a multitude of mechanisms are at play, glucocorticoids exert some of their negative effects by stimulating interleukin-4 (IL-4) and suppressing interleukin-2 (IL-2) amongst others. When this cytokine imbalance is maintained in a chronic fashion, secondary to excess glucocorticoids, the milieu is created for ultimate deterioration of the immune system and inefficient repair processes to the damages of mental and physical stressors. 5-AT™ has been demonstrated in studies to significantly stimulate the production of both IL-2 which assists in T-cell function and interleukin-3 (IL-3) which is essential to the development of all cells of the immune system, including T-cells, B-cells, and macrophages4. In addition, 5-AT™ not only stimulates production, but also appears to assist white blood cell activity (measured by lymphocytes) significantly above its original level2 in the presence of potential pathogens and mitogens. The previous point is very important in that too much promotion of the immune response could be problematic, but much like the 7-OH effect on cortisol, the 5-AT™ effect on cytokines appears to promote balance instead of elimination.