IMPORTANT about hydro whey - AnabolicMinds.com

IMPORTANT about hydro whey

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Exclamation IMPORTANT about hydro whey

I think this is a legitimate concern that deserves more attention. everyones should know what they are putting into their body's...especially on a website such as this. due to the fact that hydro is predigested (containing free amino acids), it has free glutamate/glutamic acid. this free glutamate is an EXCITOTOXIN meaning its overexcited CNS neurons to the point of death. now, this is MUCH different than taking regular protein with glutamate in it becuase the protein is bound and digested in a slow manner(no over excitement). Well, it's one thing when the body itself has to break down the protein into amino acids - it metabolizes as much of the protein it needs. But, it's a different thing when you ingest large amount of free protein and force the body to uptake all of the proteins in a form already available for use. this can have long term effects (although no long term studies yet) similar/identical to msg. the large problem i see is that in many post workout products, we ingest 20-30g of hydrolyzed whey, not to mention more in many added protein. please discuss as i hope someone proves me wrong (for real).

there are many papers wrote on this (sadly many very biased and scare-tactic-like, but i think this deserves attention since we consume hydro in such large amounts and the science behind the facts i have given you is proven).

will rep anyone who contributes positively.

2. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by michael3435 View Post
    I think this is a legitimate concern that deserves more attention. everyones should know what they are putting into their body's...especially on a website such as this. due to the fact that hydro is predigested (containing free amino acids), it has free glutamate/glutamic acid. this free glutamate is an EXCITOTOXIN meaning its overexcited CNS neurons to the point of death. now, this is MUCH different than taking regular protein with glutamate in it becuase the protein is bound and digested in a slow manner(no over excitement). Well, it's one thing when the body itself has to break down the protein into amino acids - it metabolizes as much of the protein it needs. But, it's a different thing when you ingest large amount of free protein and force the body to uptake all of the proteins in a form already available for use. this can have long term effects (although no long term studies yet) similar/identical to msg. the large problem i see is that in many post workout products, we ingest 20-30g of hydrolyzed whey, not to mention more in many added protein. please discuss as i hope someone proves me wrong (for real).

there are many papers wrote on this (sadly many very biased and scare-tactic-like, but i think this deserves attention since we consume hydro in such large amounts and the science behind the facts i have given you is proven).

will rep anyone who contributes positively.
    do you have any study that shows what you`re saying?
  3. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

I think there was an article written in MD about this.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

good job bro. ive read about glutamate and msg as excitotoxins before as well but i never really paid it any mind with my protein i just try to stay away from msg in my food
    reps to you. also aspartame is one as well.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nunes View Post
    do you have any study that shows what you`re saying?
    it is common knowledge that glutamate is an excitotoxin. however, you wont find any studies on the long term effects on this. theres no doubt it is bad for you though. the fda wont get inlvolved (maybe in the future) becuase they dont regulate supplements and they're not taking a stance on the whole msg deal.

there are a ton of articles written by this and the fda (pretty sure although not 100%) does admit there is "msg" in hydrolyzed proteins. the thing is we take in such a large amount of hydro in some supps.

truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources
    truthinlabeling.org/manufac

this second one is especially good.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Doesn't Optimum nutrition's gold standard have hydro whey?
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho1545 View Post
    Doesn't Optimum nutrition's gold standard have hydro whey?
    yes but in VERY small amounts.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Hmmm,is this why the guys at True protein recommend only taking 10grams of PeptoPro???
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Richak1226's ON Platinum Hydro Whey CNC Overdrive Review
    By richak1226 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 09:16 PM
  2. intras/whey hydro
    By SweetLou321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 10:44 PM
  3. should i take weight gainer or hydro whey
    By nightwing in forum Supplement Logs