IMPORTANT about hydro whey

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think this is a legitimate concern that deserves more attention. everyones should know what they are putting into their body's...especially on a website such as this. due to the fact that hydro is predigested (containing free amino acids), it has free glutamate/glutamic acid. this free glutamate is an EXCITOTOXIN meaning its overexcited CNS neurons to the point of death. now, this is MUCH different than taking regular protein with glutamate in it becuase the protein is bound and digested in a slow manner(no over excitement). Well, it's one thing when the body itself has to break down the protein into amino acids - it metabolizes as much of the protein it needs. But, it's a different thing when you ingest large amount of free protein and force the body to uptake all of the proteins in a form already available for use. this can have long term effects (although no long term studies yet) similar/identical to msg. the large problem i see is that in many post workout products, we ingest 20-30g of hydrolyzed whey, not to mention more in many added protein. please discuss as i hope someone proves me wrong (for real).

there are many papers wrote on this (sadly many very biased and scare-tactic-like, but i think this deserves attention since we consume hydro in such large amounts and the science behind the facts i have given you is proven).

will rep anyone who contributes positively.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I think this is a legitimate concern that deserves more attention. everyones should know what they are putting into their body's...especially on a website such as this. due to the fact that hydro is predigested (containing free amino acids), it has free glutamate/glutamic acid. this free glutamate is an EXCITOTOXIN meaning its overexcited CNS neurons to the point of death. now, this is MUCH different than taking regular protein with glutamate in it becuase the protein is bound and digested in a slow manner(no over excitement). Well, it's one thing when the body itself has to break down the protein into amino acids - it metabolizes as much of the protein it needs. But, it's a different thing when you ingest large amount of free protein and force the body to uptake all of the proteins in a form already available for use. this can have long term effects (although no long term studies yet) similar/identical to msg. the large problem i see is that in many post workout products, we ingest 20-30g of hydrolyzed whey, not to mention more in many added protein. please discuss as i hope someone proves me wrong (for real).

there are many papers wrote on this (sadly many very biased and scare-tactic-like, but i think this deserves attention since we consume hydro in such large amounts and the science behind the facts i have given you is proven).

will rep anyone who contributes positively.
do you have any study that shows what you`re saying?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I think there was an article written in MD about this.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
good job bro. ive read about glutamate and msg as excitotoxins before as well but i never really paid it any mind with my protein i just try to stay away from msg in my food:)
reps to you. also aspartame is one as well.

michael3435

Board Sponsor
Awards
do you have any study that shows what you`re saying?
it is common knowledge that glutamate is an excitotoxin. however, you wont find any studies on the long term effects on this. theres no doubt it is bad for you though. the fda wont get inlvolved (maybe in the future) becuase they dont regulate supplements and they're not taking a stance on the whole msg deal.

there are a ton of articles written by this and the fda (pretty sure although not 100%) does admit there is "msg" in hydrolyzed proteins. the thing is we take in such a large amount of hydro in some supps.

truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources
truthinlabeling.org/manufac

this second one is especially good.

Nacho1545

Awards
Doesn't Optimum nutrition's gold standard have hydro whey?

BiggerGeek

Awards
Hmmm,is this why the guys at True protein recommend only taking 10grams of PeptoPro???