Glucosamine.......hurts???? - AnabolicMinds.com

Glucosamine.......hurts????

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Glucosamine.......hurts????

This has happened on a couple occasions, but I have found that when I stop taking my glucosamine (weekends by accident or away from home)....my knee pain seems to be far less. When i start the glucosamine back it seems to make it hurt more. I don't know if its just a coincidence between me taking glucosamine and exacerbations of knee pain.

Has anyone noticed this?

2. Senior Member

It happens to me too. My girlfriend has noticed it as well. not really sure the cause, or a solution, but its not in your head.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

pain

So should I stop taking it if it just causes pain? Does it usually go away for you after awhile? I think I took it originally because I was having knee pain, so I'm really not sure what to do/think.
    •   

4. Senior Member

It goes away after a day or 2. It only hurts more the first few days when I start dosing again after an extended break, then it feels better.

If it only causes you more pain, I wouldnt continue to take it, as the whole point of it is too reduce pain.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

i think studies have shown glucosamine only works when injected..it was either glucosamine or msm. i dont remember. i never noticed anything from using it.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.

a friend let me try some glucosamine a couple years back. i think over a few months period i tried it twice, and took it around night time.

what i remember most about it the next day is that i was barely able to walk at all the pain was so bad. it reminds me the first time i went running, with the equivalent of converse chucks, for my first day of cross country practice. and then the next day.. bad times.

i also noticed similar discomfort taking cissus, but i just dealt with it and it did eventually go away after a little while. with cissus, i could at least walk normally though.

i still wonder if i should ever try glucosamine again. but no, you're not alone on the pain front.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

pain

I'm on day 2 of starting back and still pain. I dont remember from last time how long it takes to go away, but I'll let you know. The quad soreness from squats should take care of it today though haha.
  8. ksa

when I used bulk Glucosamine hcl i was barely able to move my elbows so i stopped it & took Diclofenac Sodium 50mg 3ED for a week.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

uhh this make no sense at all.

I have torn cartlidge and as soon as I started taking cissus and glucosamine things are much better.
  10. glg

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbox View Post
    uhh this make no sense at all.

I have torn cartlidge and as soon as I started taking cissus and glucosamine things are much better.

Same for me, I definitely notice more pain & stiffness when I miss them for some reason and it takes a short while to build it back up in my system but never MORE pain when ON......
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

I got no relief from Glucosamine, But Cissus is a different story. I use it instead. Good Stuff.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.

I always use something that has a ton of antioxidents....try Noni juice...i know it sounds gay...and it really is disgusting to drink, but it helped my shoulder pain i had a while back...I dont think it helps as much with the pain, its helps u recover quicker
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.

I always use something that has a ton of antioxidents....try Noni juice...i know it sounds gay...and it really is disgusting to drink, but it helped my shoulder pain i had a while back...I dont think it helps as much with the pain, its helps u recover quicker
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

time

It took a couple days to get back to normal, without the pain. But it does subside, just takes a little while. It also seems to do this to me if I only skip a couple days of dosing....so dont forget to take it if you start.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  156 lbs.

Glucosamine doesn't kick in right away so you are probably just feeling the same pain as usual. Maybe it's more psychological because you are focusing on it waiting for it to feel fine. I like cissus over Glucosamine, can also be used in conjunction and works well.
  16. New Member

I'm also one of the paradoxical responders. Glucosamine/chondroitin supplements cause initial worsening of the pain. I use Cissus. It works wonders for me.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 05:07 AM
  2. My ass hurts....BAD
    By powerhouse21 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 11:52 PM
  3. DS 4ohtcyp hurts
    By warriorway in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 06:40 PM
  4. My head hurts