Body Fortress Advanced Creatine: Any Thoughts??

teribleturtle

Awards
My question is regarding “Body Fortress Advanced Creatine” I picked up a 3 lb tub for $12.00 the other day at Target. By the looks of the ingredients it seems to have a similar profile as muscle tech’s Cell Tech. Just want your guys thoughts and opinions on this supplement and if it seems like a decent and cheaper alternative to cell tech. Below is a link to a PDF with the ingredient profile.

http://www.bodyfortress.com/images/supplementfacts/067406.pdf

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
It's probably going to work a lot like cell-tech and other craptastic creatines full of sugar. You could get a much more beneficial insulin spike from carbs other than sugar.

I personally hate Cell Tech. I wouldn't use this creatine either... but that is just me.

Try Neovar by AppNut.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Did you happen to look at the sugar content in it?. Diabetes sucks.

Schmazz

Schmazz

Awards
I don't think it's a terrible product - I use it.

I mean, it's cheap, and it's good.

I think it's actually from the same parent company as MuscleTech, this is just another offshoot brand.

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
I don't think it's a terrible product - I use it.

I mean, it's cheap, and it's good.

I think it's actually from the same parent company as MuscleTech, this is just another offshoot brand.
I agree. they also sell six star at walmart.. i think they are both muscletech brands

muscletech might as well be a bunch of crooks who overhype their products and make exagerated claims illistrated on fancy packaging in bar graphs and illistrations with 7 syllable words that mean absolutely nothing,
I'll never pay for their products, but at least they arent lying on the ingredient label.

the bodyfortress creatine is about the same as cell tech.

at about 12 bucks, ill buy it.
nothing is going to give you an insulin spike that large, and that fast as dextrose will. if you dont mind taking in that much sugar then it is fine.

in one scoop of that stuff, you are getting a lot of dextrose and only 5.5g creatine.

I take a half scoop of the body fortress, then mix it with 5g of pure creatine monohydrate, 3g. of citrulline malate and 5g bulk bcaa.

out of this i get two things: first is a decent dose of dextrose to aid in creatine absorbtion. the other is simply that it is a good thing to mix bcaa and CM powder with.

Malic acid is the same as what gives warheads or sour skittles the "sour taste." mix citrulline malate with vanilla whey and it is disgusting. BUT... mix it with something that tastes like kool aid and it is great.

The stuff isnt bad. i would just add some pure creatine to it.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I agree. they also sell six star at walmart.. i think they are both muscletech brands

muscletech might as well be a bunch of crooks who overhype their products and make exagerated claims illistrated on fancy packaging in bar graphs and illistrations with 7 syllable words that mean absolutely nothing,
I'll never pay for their products, but at least they arent lying on the ingredient label.

the bodyfortress creatine is about the same as cell tech.

at about 12 bucks, ill buy it.
nothing is going to give you an insulin spike that large, and that fast as dextrose will. if you dont mind taking in that much sugar then it is fine.

in one scoop of that stuff, you are getting a lot of dextrose and only 5.5g creatine.

I take a half scoop of the body fortress, then mix it with 5g of pure creatine monohydrate, 3g. of citrulline malate and 5g bulk bcaa.

out of this i get two things: first is a decent dose of dextrose to aid in creatine absorbtion. the other is simply that it is a good thing to mix bcaa and CM powder with.

Malic acid is the same as what gives warheads or sour skittles the "sour taste." mix citrulline malate with vanilla whey and it is disgusting. BUT... mix it with something that tastes like kool aid and it is great.

The stuff isnt bad. i would just add some pure creatine to it.
Keep drinking the sugar if that is what you like. WMS doesn't make me crash like 40-60gm of sugar does.

teribleturtle

Awards
Man you guys were not lying about that stuff having way too much sugar. So I took two scoops as recomended, afterwards I felt a horrible sugar rush, man was I up I figured it would keep me awake studying for the LSAT, but unfortunetly about an hour later I crashed an fell asleep. I think im gonna do what one of you sugested and mix pure creatine with only one scoop of this stuff

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
i would never want to take two full scoops of the stuff, i only do a half scooper. and mix with creatine mono.

you can also find body fortess glutamine and pure creatine mono there, ive gotten the glutamine there before. they are as good as any other, though i usually buy the bodytech generic vitamin shoppe brand or order online.

ive tried the whey that is there, tases good to me. it also has a small amount of creatine and things added.
i buy some of my stuff at walmart, flaxseed and fish oil, B complex, melatonin. nothing wrong with that, it's cheap.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
No there creatine isnt the best... the body fortress protein isnt all that bad if ur in between shipments of your regular stuff....Its got a little bit of extra fat, a few carbs, but also a decent amount of Tuarine and creatine for the price....doesnt taste very good and u have to use a lot of water/milk to dilute it but it does the job in a pinch

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
^ I guess i should state that im trying to bulk up, not cut down, thats why the few carbs and fat dont bother me...

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
How much carbs and what source..
Your link isn't working.

bryan101b

bryan101b

Banned
Awards
it's 12$.

Serving Size 1 Scoop (48 g)
Servings Per Container 30

Calories 150
Total Carbohydrate 33 g 11%**
Sugars 33 g ***
Phosphorus (as Magnesium Phosphate, 186 mg 19%
Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate)
Magnesium 69 mg 17%
Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 200 mcg 167%
Sodium 95 mg 4%

Triple Creatine Matrix 6,119 mg ***
Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine Ester Phosphate, Creatine Ethyl Ester

BCAA Nitro Blend 2,063 mg ***
Taurine, Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, N-Acetyl Cysteine

NOS Xtreme Blend 1,094 mg ***
L-Arginine, L-Arginine Alpha Keto Glutarate
Stevia Extract (Stevia rebaudiana) (leaf) 68 mg ***

Other Ingredients: Dextrose, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, FD&C Red No. 40 Lake, FD&C
Red No. 40, FD&C Blue No. 1.

you get all your carbs from sugar. if you aren't a fat ass, it wont matter. youre gonna get a insulin spike then crash from any simple sugar carb. I personally have grown up with sugar in my tea and kool aid, so the little amount of sugar thats in b.f. new advanced creatine doesn't bother me.

you also get three types of creatine, amino acids, minerals. It's a good deal, the old stuff from b.f. sucked. but this is good enough to get the job done. I take it pre workout, and protien shake with non fat milk post workout.

the only other carb sup I would spend more money on is "mhp dark matter" or "universal nutrition's Torrent". when im strapped for cash, this gets the job done.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
Idk u could argue the sugar helps increase the intake of Creatine mono...but i like not having diabetes and all my teeth....switch to bulk creatine powders. NP has good prices i like CEE, it works for me...but its effectiveness has been debated...

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't believe that bf is owned by MT, but I am sure ss is.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
just get bulk creatine mono and some waxy maize startch.

60gm waxy maize
10gm creatine mono. It's simple, it works.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
just get bulk creatine mono and some waxy maize startch.

60gm waxy maize
10gm creatine mono. It's simple, it works.

I used Waxy Maize once....i think it was on sale from Vitamin world for like 12 bucks.....it was like a 5 or 6 lb jug and it tasted horrible lol....it works, it was just the worst tasting thing i've ever had....they tried to flavor it like fruit punch....ugh

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I used Waxy Maize once....i think it was on sale from Vitamin world for like 12 bucks.....it was like a 5 or 6 lb jug and it tasted horrible lol....it works, it was just the worst tasting thing i've ever had....they tried to flavor it like fruit punch....ugh
Yea, just buy some glyco-maize from Optimum Nutrition