Jacked Ingredient Contradiction

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I was reading Geranium's ingredient profile (1,3 di) the other day and it specifically warned to not use in conjunction with other stimulants. Today, I saw Jacked by USP Labs and checked it out. It contains both 1,3 di and caffeine- isn't this a bit reckless?

J

jacobcoile

Awards
while I do not know a lot about geranium, I have seen it in several products mixed with other stims, not just in Jacked... but maybe when selling stims like Geranium in Bulk it is safer to recomend it this way (that is assuming you got warning from there, if not sorry) since it is easy to take more then you are aware of while trying to dose it out yourself???:think:

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
yea it is actually far better with caffeine because it eliminates the geranamine crash.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yea it is actually far better with caffeine because it eliminates the geranamine crash.
This.

I always stack it with caffeine, as well as other stims - adjusting to compensate.

I'm sure it is just a liability thing.

D

dafox

Awards
  • Established
It's definitely better stacked with caffeine, so I'm sure this is just one of those liability things, as stated above. :thumbsup:

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established

lol
wat about the caffine crash?

here the contradiction
its increases pumps but caffine constrics blood vessels

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
it works great together, I wouldn't worry about it, I use geranium and caffiene together when I am draggin ass at work.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am sure the ratio of the two in Jacked complement one another.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
lol

here the contradiction
when youve got both me and Dsade (whos statements I view as exponentially more meaningful than my own when regarding supplementation) telling you the opposite its ok to admit you dunno what ur saying :)

just giving you a hard time, but ask any product formulators such as PA or Dsade and they will tell you that you need caffeine with it.

Lastly, 200mg or less of caffeine has never given me a crash, so just dont go overboard with your caffeine intake and you wont crash.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Taking stimulants in general is not healthy, even though i do take them.

The main thing to worry about is taking TOO MUCH of any stimulants.

For instance 400mg caffiene, not too much fun

180mg germanium, not too much fun at all.

200mg caffiene
60 mg germanium
Much better

Still not exactly healthy though

100 mg caffiene
30 mg caffiene
Healthier, but not as much effect, not as much jitteryness,heart palitations either.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taking stimulants in general is not healthy, even though i do take them.

The main thing to worry about is taking TOO MUCH of any stimulants.

For instance 400mg caffiene, not too much fun

180mg germanium, not too much fun at all.

200mg caffiene
60 mg germanium
Much better

Still not exactly healthy though

100 mg caffiene
30 mg caffiene
Healthier, but not as much effect, not as much jitteryness,heart palitations either.
Repped for being hardcore.

/and kind of dumb for doing that, but a man after my own heart. :)

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Repped for being hardcore.

/and kind of dumb for doing that, but a man after my own heart. :)
Lol.

Yeah id never take 180mg germanium bro, i was speaking hypothetically. I should have said it like that, i was just trying to prove a point.

400mg caffiene, ive easily done this a couple times, some people on here take like 600mg in the form of their favorite pre-workout drink.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol.

Yeah id never take 180mg germanium bro, i was speaking hypothetically. I should have said it like that, i was just trying to prove a point.

400mg caffiene, ive easily done this a couple times, some people on here take like 600mg in the form of their favorite pre-workout drink.
Damn you...now I can't UNrep you.:nono:

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i do like to experiment though, in a safe fashion.:nutkick:

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
100mg of geranium is ..... well interesting, i'd say. definitely a crash though.

has anyone tried anything much higher than that?

Jmonster

Jmonster

Awards
What would happen if someone was to take the high amounts of geranium?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
100mg of geranium is ..... well interesting, i'd say. definitely a crash though.

has anyone tried anything much higher than that?
I do believe someone too 2 nutracaps, whch would be 120mg, and had an unpleasant time.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Alright, cool. Just making sure before I put Jacked on my Christmas list. Geranium looks off the hook, as does Schizandrol. I wish it was in more supplements, though.

I'm stoked either way :cheers:

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Alright, cool. Just making sure before I put Jacked on my Christmas list. Geranium looks off the hook, as does Schizandrol. I wish it was in more supplements[/b[, though.

I'm stoked either way :cheers:

We have Schizandra in our new preWO product Anadraulic State

The label can be seen here, in post 17
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/lg-sciences/109883-anadraulic-state-ingredients.html

(not meant to take anything away from Jacked, which i look forward to trying myself)

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
What would happen if someone were to take high amounts of any stimulant or drug?
Side effects include nausea, dizzyness, irregular heartbeat, heart attack (potentially when severe or with underlying condition is present), fast shallow breathing, inability to focus or concentrate, loss of appetite, sleep disruption, paranoia, weak rapid pulse.

I may be off as i am recalling from memory and personal experience after dosing 75mg of ephedrine. (no heart attack, but i have seen cardio related probs to similar effect)

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
reading this makes me wonder i usually dose the np geranium caps three at a time (60mg each). should i feel off the wall? i am extremely tolerant to stims and at best have felt a little euphoric from them but i always assume they are doing their job internally and i am just not "feeling" the physical effects. same deal with ephedra and clen never felt the outward effects but was afraid to go any higher on dosing them because of what i have read. anyone else have a similar experience?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
reading this makes me wonder i usually dose the np geranium caps three at a time (60mg each). should i feel off the wall? i am extremely tolerant to stims and at best have felt a little euphoric from them but i always assume they are doing their job internally and i am just not "feeling" the physical effects. same deal with ephedra and clen never felt the outward effects but was afraid to go any higher on dosing them because of what i have read. anyone else have a similar experience?
It sounds like you need to take a break. The directions state don't exceed 1 capsule.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
i wanted to try the reset ad but it is out of stock at the planet took a month of stims and when i tried them again i still had no effect i started at one geranium cap and had no results ah well hopefully when it gets in i can take a few months off and have this recharge my system

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I am a stim junky. I admit it. But thats my only drug vice. No smoke, no drink, no needle, nothing. Just my stims.

I need to go on the wagon for a month......:(

I love my caffeine. Period.

Probably consume a gram of caffeine a day.

Its a shame its not good for the human body.

FYI on caffeine.>

Caffeine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess I will like jacked, then. I have yet to tear into it.

How does it compare to vasocharge or JP8?

Last edited:
AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had a sample of Core Zap that contained Geranium(40 mg/serv) and it was a nice clean pickup for me. Caffiene has always been my bump of choice. Jacked looks like a great combo of ingredients.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not necessarily. The Caffeine/Theophylline/Geranium complex in JACKED are effective in the blend. Consider this:

As is well known, arginine is the substrate for two enzymes, arginase and nitric oxide synthase. These enzymes compete against each other for the arginine metabolic pathway. The enzyme arginase converts arginine to ornithine and urea. Nitric oxide synthase converts arginine to nitric oxide, the potent vasodilator. A higher expression of the arginase enzyme leads to higher ornithine production, but less nitric oxide production.
The key to elevated nitric oxide levels is, therefore, either to inhibit arginase, or to directly stimulate nitric oxide synthase. Preferably both!

As it turns out, carnosine is another powerful substrate for nitric-oxide production via promotion of the nitric-oxide synthase pathway and inhibition of arginase activity. By boosting the synthesis of carnosine, beta alanine directly contributes to elevating cellular concentrations of carnosine, leading to even greater activation of the nitric-oxide synthase (and crowding out of arginase), and finally ending in elevated nitric oxide levels, and therefore, significantly higher vasodilation and pump.

So, beta alanine will also contribute to a significant elevation of nitric-oxide levels. Combined with the arginine form in the blend plus the synergy from the other agents, one should expect dramatic vasodilation.
Now to the Caffeine/Theophylline/Geranium complex in the blend:

Caffeine inhibits arginase activity. It does this by inhibiting the so-called adenosine receptors, leading to higher levels of free adenosine. Now, adenosine, adenine, inosine, and uric acid, are known to be competitive arginase inhibitors. (BCAAs also demonstrate arginase-inhibitory effects, by the way). Furthermore, caffeine and caffeine-related compounds, such as theobromine, also produce arginase inhibition by raising norepinephrine and cAMP. Anyway, the caffeine-triggered arginase inhibition produces an elevated expression of the nitric-oxide synthase enzyme. This means even more nitric oxide can be produced from arginine, leading to stronger vasodilation (and pump).
The above is just a reference to the Caffeine/Theophylline/Geranium complex. Add to that the impact of arginine alpha ketoglutarate and nitric-oxide-synthase promoting effects of beta alanine, and it will be easy to see how the entire blend can support vasodilation.

Lastly, a comment about arginine alpha ketoglutarate:

Bonding arginine to alpha ketoglutarate (as in arginine alpha ketoglutarate, AAKG) promotes absorption, stability, and bioavailability of arginine. Furthermore, alpha ketoglutarate has many other properties that esterification may not deliver. In particular, with an alpha-ketoglutarate bond, one would obtain all the endothelial-lining-support and vasoldilation properties of arginine plus a number of other cool benefits of alpha ketoglutarate (AKG), such as more arginine stability, bioavailability and absorption. Furthermore, alpha ketoglutarate will serve as a transport medium for arginine, making it directly available at the cellular levels for optimal synthesis. Beyond this, alpha ketoglutarate improves the endogenous production of of glutamine and glutamic acid, both important for muscle growth and for the immune system. AKG also binds to toxic ammonia in muscle cells, in the liver, and in the brain, thereby converting ammonia into glutamic acid, improving glutamine levels and assisting in elimination of toxic ammonia from the body. Lastly, as a Krebs Cycle intermediate, AKG improves VO2 Max and energy metabolism in muscle cells, and is consequently a potent ergogenic.

In terms of dosing, it may help to recall that plain arginine has the property that it's absorption through the intestines is limited, causing arginine to be rapidly degraded, leaving only small quantities to produce the typical arginine effects. This is why you need to consume relatively more base arginine to see any results. Esterification or bonding with alpha ketoglutarate overcomes the typical arginine limitations, ensuring that arginine absorbs optimally and is available for its ergogenic properties. So, you basically need less of arginine alpha ketoglutarate compared to base arginine to produce better results than base arginine.

All in all, users should notice some cool vasodilation, not vasoconstriction, with JACKED!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am a stim junky. I admit it. But thats my only drug vice. No smoke, no drink, no needle, nothing. Just my stims.

I need to go on the wagon for a month......:(

I love my caffeine. Period.

Probably consume a gram of caffeine a day.

Its a shame its not good for the human body.

FYI on caffeine.>

Caffeine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess I will like jacked, then. I have yet to tear into it.

How does it compare to vasocharge or JP8?
Gram of caffiene in the form of anhydrous or coffe?
Coffe is not really bad for the heart.
"Some health effects of coffee are due to its caffeine content, as the benefits are only observed in those who drink caffeinated coffee, while others appear to be due to other components.[77] For example, the antioxidants in coffee prevent free radicals from causing cell damage.[78]"

I think vasocharge and jacked combine really well together, i dosed 1 scoop of each.i think this combination is better than either of them alone.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
At worst, caffeine is fine for healthy humans. At best, it has lots of benefits.

I'm sick of coffee/caffeine/stims = bad. Bullshit. It is no where near that black and white, and moderate use by healthy individuals is likely beneficial.
Word. Just like how too much protein will shut down your kidneys.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
lol

here the contradiction

I hate when people try to use an argument like this....almost all of your pre workout drinks that are popular use caffeine for the energy rush....and still have have components that dialate your blood vessels .......like xplode .... the vasoconstriction is not a factor