Extremely High Liver Function Test - AnabolicMinds.com

Extremely High Liver Function Test

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  209 lbs.

Extremely High Liver Function Test

here's the deal, i just got back some test results from the Va on some blood work that i had done. On the liver function test i have extremely high results on the aspartate amino transferase, alinine amino transferase and alkaline phosphatatas. my AST was 243 with normal ranges of 5-40. My ALT was 703 with normal ranges of 0-50 and the alkaline phosphatase was 127 with normal ranges of 35-110. The only supplement i'm taking in NO-Xplode and muscle milk. i'm just wondering if the NO-Xplode could cause this. any help would be very much appreciated and i'm only asking to ease my mind as i wait for further results.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

It's possible, with as many stimulants it has in it it could cause an elevated liver test. It could also be problems with your gall bladder. Pick up "Christopher's Liver and Gallbladder formula"... it has worked wonders for me, I've had liver and gall bladder issues in the past I and swear by this stuff.
  3. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Those numbers make it look like you have been on an oral steroid for a long time. If you haven't, I would certainly look into this. You could had hepatitis or something similiar.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Those numbers make it look like you have been on an oral steroid for a long time. If you haven't, I would certainly look into this. You could had hepatitis or something similiar.
    Go see a Doc, NO-Explode should absolutely not be able to cause this. These values are WAY too high for even oral steroid use, and the ALT being much greater than the AST points to things like acute hepatitis.

When was this blood draw? Are the whites of your eyes discolored (yellowish) at all? If you notice your eyes turning yellow or your skin turning yellow, go to the ER immediately.

See a Doc!!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  209 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma76 View Post
    Go see a Doc, NO-Explode should absolutely not be able to cause this. These values are WAY too high for even oral steroid use, and the ALT being much greater than the AST points to things like acute hepatitis.

When was this blood draw? Are the whites of your eyes discolored (yellowish) at all? If you notice your eyes turning yellow or your skin turning yellow, go to the ER immediately.

See a Doc!!

blood was drawn this morning at 11:30am-12pm. fasted like i was told and the last time i took no-xplode was yesterday at 3 before my work out. whites of my eyes are normal and no tint to my skin either. as far as the oral steroids use goes, there has never been any. this is why i hate going to the doctors, they did test for hep a,b and c but the results hadn't been completed yet. she started to throw cirrosis and cancer of the liver around which prompted me to see if maybe the supplements could have impacted the tests. now i'm left to sit with thoughts untill then. but thank you guys for the help.
  6. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox_81 View Post
    blood was drawn this morning at 11:30am-12pm. fasted like i was told and the last time i took no-xplode was yesterday at 3 before my work out. whites of my eyes are normal and no tint to my skin either. as far as the oral steroids use goes, there has never been any. this is why i hate going to the doctors, they did test for hep a,b and c but the results hadn't been completed yet. she started to throw cirrosis and cancer of the liver around which prompted me to see if maybe the supplements could have impacted the tests. now i'm left to sit with thoughts untill then. but thank you guys for the help.
    Phew. I didn't realize they were doing something about your tests, I had assumed for some reason you opted to get your blood draw on your own.

I'm pretty sure the supps have nothing to do with this my friend. Best of luck with the doctors, I'm glad you're getting attention for the blood draw. And best of luck with whatever is ailing you.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

a workout can elevate enzymes aswell, when liverf enzymes are that high they normally sdreen for hepatitis
  8. flw
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

I had elevated kidney, liver and heart (CK and CKMB) show up once when I was working out really hard, eating a ton, taking too much of too many sups for too long (creatine, multi, protein powder, no xplode, aminos etc) I just got a little carried away and pushed too hard and too long and mine were all elevated, I had started to feel sick and run down too at the same time. I don't believe they ever got that high though, I did not do the tests at the absolute peak, I stopped taking creatine a week or so before I think. anyway, like i said they were not as much above normal as yours except the CKMB which was 700% of normal but my doc said that is normal for someone breaking down lots of muscle, she said she's seen runners over twice that.
    Good luck!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 11:16 AM
  2. CREATINE AND LIVER FUNCTION TEST
    By corsaking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 03:10 PM
  3. AST(liver) high on blood test
    By George l in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
  4. EXTREMELY High Liver Enzymes....do I take the Toremifene?
    By monsterbox in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 09:47 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 11:02 PM