IGF-2 and SuperCissus together?

D

dpfisher

I've tried SuperCissus before and I've been meaning to try IGF-2. Right now I'm not taking anything besides BCAAs and vitamins, I'm taking a little break from the supps after 3 months of drive, rpm, and creatine.

The issue I'm concerned about is that both IGF-2 and SuperCissus raise testosterone pretty significantly, and I'm not sure if using them together would be unwise or if I'd be better to just go to the dark side and get something mild like hdrol. I have high blood pressure so I'd have to take that into consideration in either case. Any suggestions?

designgray

designgray

Awards
I am no doctor - so I can not address the high blood pressure.

But IGF-2 and SuperCissus is a GREAT natural combo.
Cissus does not raise test though . . .
:nono:
Dont know where that came from . . .

But anyway, this is solid. I have run those 2 together with very pleasing results.

Keep the workouts strong, and the diet clean - and Keep us posted !

:thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supercissus doesn't raise testosterone significantly. It can help lower cortisol and help with joints, but the lowering of cortisol doesn't lead to that large of a rise in T. (As mentioned in the writeup Super Cissus Rx (90+ caps) By: USPLabs )

Don't worry, your body can maintain homeostasis just fine, and you want to nudge it in the right direct as much as possible. IGF-2 and Supercissus should be just fine.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
cissus doesn't raise test....
check out osteo sport and igf2.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've tried SuperCissus before and I've been meaning to try IGF-2. Right now I'm not taking anything besides BCAAs and vitamins, I'm taking a little break from the supps after 3 months of drive, rpm, and creatine.

The issue I'm concerned about is that both IGF-2 and SuperCissus raise testosterone pretty significantly, and I'm not sure if using them together would be unwise or if I'd be better to just go to the dark side and get something mild like hdrol. I have high blood pressure so I'd have to take that into consideration in either case. Any suggestions?
You don't need a 'break' from creatine. Cycling it is an individual preference.

There's nothing wrong with using SuperCissus and IGF-2 together. I use BOTH OsteoSport AND Osteobolin-C AND IGF-2 (so does Sean, and others have used both OsteoSport and IGF-2 simultaneously (i.e. Tyler) with no worries), and am FINE.

You DO realize that IGF-2 is NOT hormonal (not like H-Drol), but is a NATURAL testosterone/GH booster.

And reiterating that Cissus does NOT raise testosterone levels.

As for high blood pressure, there are many things that you can do to lower this (most people use a combination of everything):
* Medication (depending on how hypertensive you are, you may or may not require medication);
* Exercise (i.e. INcrease activity levels, so that you are doing 30 minutes of moderate exercise on most days of the week);
* Diet (i.e. decrease saturated and trans fat intake, eat more fibre, etc); and
* Manage stress (i.e. decrease stress as much as possible).

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I suggest doing some more research on these products.

E

edwardk

Awards
I am no doctor - so I can not address the high blood pressure.

But IGF-2 and SuperCissus is a GREAT natural combo.
Cissus does not raise test though . . .
:nono:
Dont know where that came from . . .

But anyway, this is solid. I have run those 2 together with very pleasing results.

Keep the workouts strong, and the diet clean - and Keep us posted !

:thumbsup:

The new Xenadrine ads claim that Cissus Q is the next best thing to burn fat... More marketing garbage that confuses people. Cissus is great for join support but that is about it

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the major confusion in this thread is whether Cissus can raise testosterone. I believe the OP felt that it does because in USP Labs' writeup , http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs/super-cissus-rx-90-caps.html
In addition, SuperCissus RX™ can significantly lower cortisol, which can lead to increased Testosterone levels and new muscle tissue. Cissus Quadrangularis has also proven to be a potent anabolic/anti-catabolic agent without suppressing natural hormonal levels!
So we have to ask ourselves in lowering cortisol will really lend itself to a testosterone increase. High cortisol can lower T production, but overall the T increase from lowering your cortisol via cissus I don't think is that significant. I could be proved wrong though.

D

dpfisher

Well I based my information off of what was written about them on this site, yes I realize there is a serious difference between hdrol and these but with their claims of how effective they are being similar to the numbers from PH's I was concerned. Something being natural doesn't mean it can't have serious effects on the body. Thanks for the responses, I'm sure you are all correct and it's just marketing speak, this thread was just to confirm that.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I based my information off of what was written about them on this site, yes I realize there is a serious difference between hdrol and these but with their claims of how effective they are being similar to the numbers from PH's I was concerned. Something being natural doesn't mean it can't have serious effects on the body. Thanks for the responses, I'm sure you are all correct and it's just marketing speak, this thread was just to confirm that.
No worries, you can use them both at the same time.

D

dpfisher

Right on, I guess I do get a little overly concerned about the things I'm taking. Better safe than sorry though, right? Anyway my plan is to start off using normal dosage and work towards recomp, then depending how blood pressure and recovery are doing after a week or two try out larger doses and add some calories since it looks like a lot of people have had success with large doses during bulks in the past although I haven't seen anyone trying megadosing either of these anytime recently. If anyone cares I can post when I figure out how BP is affected since I keep a close eye on it.

On an unrelated note, I will probably reach my original lifting goal within 2 months even if these supplements don't help at all. Of course I was a weak fatty (still am really) when I made that goal and I'm nowhere near the shape I want now but it still feels like an accomplishment. I kind of regret not taking any pictures back then. I was in denial about how fat I actually was because I carried it well and I didn't realize it was all fat until I just kept losing fat and still didn't get lean. And yeah idk wtf I was thinking asking about hdrol- every once in a while I just get that ARGH SO CLOSE I COULD HAVE IT IN A MONTH feeling, then I realize I'll just change my goals again. Someone's gotta feel me on that one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
J IGF-1/GH 2
S Anabolics 1
V Supplements 3
V Supplements 0