Need a decent supplement scale - +/- 10mg

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I have just been using 1/4 tsp for stuff, but when 300mg is a serving +/- 50 is quite abit of sway there.

What do you think of the HP-100x?

HP-100X Pocket Scale By: My Weigh

I need to measure out powders...llike 300mg +/- 10mg would be safe enough. I'd also like it to go high enough like 70g to measure out malto/WMS/dextrose etc.

What do you guys use?

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what the best weight scale on nutra?

i need to get one too

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
I have a My Weigh 300-Z digital mini scale that measures in 100mg increments. Works great.

Edit: oops didn't see 10mg increments

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It depends how accurate you need to dose. In retrospect I wish I got the 10mg scale, and then just bought a big kitchen scale for everything else. I have the 100mg scale, and I usually multiply everything by 50 to calculate it for a capping run, which let me do small doses rather accurately. I would probably go with http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/my-weigh/hp-100x-pocket-scale.html
is that a good one?

its kind of annoying cause i cant find reviews of scales anywhere.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AM members itd be nice if u could post some reviews of scales.

thatd be a nice service for the community.

since there are a lot of bulk products available on nutra.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I guess either of the scales I posted links to should be 10mg right? .01g = 10mg...or am I having a bad day with math?

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You're doing just fine. And I'm throwing up a review as we speak, thanks for reminding me.
yeah i just got my bulk p-slin in!

how my supposed to dose this!

the container is so small.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have just been using 1/4 tsp for stuff, but when 300mg is a serving +/- 50 is quite abit of sway there.

What do you think of the HP-100x?

HP-100X Pocket Scale By: My Weigh

I need to measure out powders...llike 300mg +/- 10mg would be safe enough. I'd also like it to go high enough like 70g to measure out malto/WMS/dextrose etc.

What do you guys use?
myweigh mx-50's are good- we use them for a variety of applications, and it has a resolution of .01 grams- but it only goes up the 50.00 grams....
ecolab (sartorius group) good scale for 1 gram up to 4 kg- very, very accurate for mid-range apps
any sartorius analytical balance- they have scales that will measure all the way down to mcgs; not cheap

The above can also be easily calibrated as well- and are not very sensitive to vibration, etc.

Always remember to cut any air source in the room off when you are weighing, checking, or calibrating a scale- may skew the measurement or balance

always weigh, check, or calibrate on a level surface- a pocket level will suffice

check out USP <2091> (determining weight for dietary supplements) for weighing methods- they have some good insights

check out USP <616> as well- the first part will give you a way to determine bulk density very easily- this will help you figure out how much powder can go into any given capsule

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
myweigh mx-50's are good- we use them for a variety of applications, and it has a resolution of .01 grams- but it only goes up the 50.00 grams....
ecolab (sartorius group) good scale for 1 gram up to 4 kg- very, very accurate for mid-range apps
any sartorius analytical balance- they have scales that will measure all the way down to mcgs; not cheap

The above can also be easily calibrated as well- and are not very sensitive to vibration, etc.

Always remember to cut any air source in the room off when you are weighing, checking, or calibrating a scale- may skew the measurement or balance

always weigh, check, or calibrate on a level surface- a pocket level will suffice

check out USP <2091> (determining weight for dietary supplements) for weighing methods- they have some good insights

check out USP <616> as well- the first part will give you a way to determine bulk density very easily- this will help you figure out how much powder can go into any given capsule

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rms80 again.

Thanks!