Need a decent supplement scale - +/- 10mg

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Need a decent supplement scale - +/- 10mg

I have just been using 1/4 tsp for stuff, but when 300mg is a serving +/- 50 is quite abit of sway there.

What do you think of the HP-100x?

HP-100X Pocket Scale By: My Weigh

I need to measure out powders...llike 300mg +/- 10mg would be safe enough. I'd also like it to go high enough like 70g to measure out malto/WMS/dextrose etc.

What do you guys use?

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Answers

what the best weight scale on nutra?

i need to get one too
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I have a My Weigh 300-Z digital mini scale that measures in 100mg increments. Works great.

Edit: oops didn't see 10mg increments
  5. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

It depends how accurate you need to dose. In retrospect I wish I got the 10mg scale, and then just bought a big kitchen scale for everything else. I have the 100mg scale, and I usually multiply everything by 50 to calculate it for a capping run, which let me do small doses rather accurately. I would probably go with http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/m...ket-scale.html
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    It depends how accurate you need to dose. In retrospect I wish I got the 10mg scale, and then just bought a big kitchen scale for everything else. I have the 100mg scale, and I usually multiply everything by 50 to calculate it for a capping run, which let me do small doses rather accurately. I would probably go with http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/m...ket-scale.html
    is that a good one?

its kind of annoying cause i cant find reviews of scales anywhere.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Answers

AM members itd be nice if u could post some reviews of scales.

thatd be a nice service for the community.

since there are a lot of bulk products available on nutra.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I guess either of the scales I posted links to should be 10mg right? .01g = 10mg...or am I having a bad day with math?
  9. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    I guess either of the scales I posted links to should be 10mg right? .01g = 10mg...or am I having a bad day with math?
    You're doing just fine. And I'm throwing up a review as we speak, thanks for reminding me.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    You're doing just fine. And I'm throwing up a review as we speak, thanks for reminding me.
    yeah i just got my bulk p-slin in!

how my supposed to dose this!

the container is so small.
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    I have just been using 1/4 tsp for stuff, but when 300mg is a serving +/- 50 is quite abit of sway there.

What do you think of the HP-100x?

HP-100X Pocket Scale By: My Weigh

I need to measure out powders...llike 300mg +/- 10mg would be safe enough. I'd also like it to go high enough like 70g to measure out malto/WMS/dextrose etc.

What do you guys use?
    myweigh mx-50's are good- we use them for a variety of applications, and it has a resolution of .01 grams- but it only goes up the 50.00 grams....
    ecolab (sartorius group) good scale for 1 gram up to 4 kg- very, very accurate for mid-range apps
    any sartorius analytical balance- they have scales that will measure all the way down to mcgs; not cheap

The above can also be easily calibrated as well- and are not very sensitive to vibration, etc.

Always remember to cut any air source in the room off when you are weighing, checking, or calibrating a scale- may skew the measurement or balance

always weigh, check, or calibrate on a level surface- a pocket level will suffice

check out USP <2091> (determining weight for dietary supplements) for weighing methods- they have some good insights

check out USP <616> as well- the first part will give you a way to determine bulk density very easily- this will help you figure out how much powder can go into any given capsule
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    myweigh mx-50's are good- we use them for a variety of applications, and it has a resolution of .01 grams- but it only goes up the 50.00 grams....
    ecolab (sartorius group) good scale for 1 gram up to 4 kg- very, very accurate for mid-range apps
    any sartorius analytical balance- they have scales that will measure all the way down to mcgs; not cheap

The above can also be easily calibrated as well- and are not very sensitive to vibration, etc.

Always remember to cut any air source in the room off when you are weighing, checking, or calibrating a scale- may skew the measurement or balance

always weigh, check, or calibrate on a level surface- a pocket level will suffice

check out USP <2091> (determining weight for dietary supplements) for weighing methods- they have some good insights

check out USP <616> as well- the first part will give you a way to determine bulk density very easily- this will help you figure out how much powder can go into any given capsule

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rms80 again.

Thanks!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 10mg or 2.5mg var
    By dade652003 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 12:38 PM
  2. decent deadlift??
    By 1517 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 08:39 AM
  3. Decent Gains?