Concussion: Head Aches, Nausea, sweating

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I didn't see an injury subforum so im assuming its ok to post this in here.

About a week ago I was at MMA and i got a concussion. It a mild one though nothing extreme. But, ever since then I have been having headaches, Nauseated, sweating, the shakes, etc. I have also had a more red tone than usual too. Any idea what could be the problem?

I plan on making an appointment with the university doctor soon, but finals are the rest of the week.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those are all signs of a concussion and can hang around for awhile. Most cases you will be fine just need rest, but if you are worried see a doc.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
not so much worried, just that it is affecting my sleep tremendously. which is in turn affecting my studying and this is the worst week possible it could have occured

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Continuing nausea from a concussion is very serious. I would go to a doctor ASAP.

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
Take some CL PM Reduction for your sleep :yawn:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
My son got one this year in football. Those are classic symptoms. However, they should diminish in frequency and intensity. If they Increase, you need to go back to the doctor.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
My son got one this year in football. Those are classic symptoms. However, they should diminish in frequency and intensity. If they Increase, you need to go back to the doctor.
Yeah they arent much diminishing in intensity nor persistency. Its almost annoying because I can honestly say I can count my lifetime head aches on two hands

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Your brain is swollen. Go do the doctor!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Your brain is swollen. Go do the doctor!
Yeah I plan to possibly thursday is symptoms do not subside. What can he do though honestly? Tell me I had a concussion, possibly CS my head, and give me some head ache meds?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I plan on making an appointment with the university doctor soon, but finals are the rest of the week.
Doctor first, finals second. Those sound like serious side effects. The few times I've gotten concussions, i've been able to shake it off by the end of the day.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
CS your head to make sure there is no bleeding or things of that nature going on inside. Not tryin to scare you or anything like that, but with head injuries that is always a possibility.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Doctor first, finals second. Those sound like serious side effects. The few times I've gotten concussions, i've been able to shake it off by the end of the day.
Yeah I took a standing armbar with my head straight to pretty much cement.

jfk

Awards
Go see a doc. It takes all of about 30 minutes for them to determine how serious it is. If it's not serious you'll be able to relax, if it is serious, get a doctors note and your prof's will need to accomodate your condition.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Quit watching Ta&m Football, And go to the Dr.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree Austin you need to see the DR. Those sides well at least the naseau should not still be around. The headache maybe but the other is an indicator that something more is wrong!

There are things they can do if there is swelling or bleeding. Don't take the chance!! Hope you feel better soon!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you can't make it to the doc in a prompt manner, then take some extra fish oil and bromelain to alleviate some of the swelling. Also, watch your electrolyte and water consumption.

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I took a standing armbar with my head straight to pretty much cement.
ouch... I've had 3 or 4 concusions but never to where the effects last that long. you're professors will understand if you show them a doc note stating how bad the concusion is. email them or get in touch to let them know the situation immediately so they'll know.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've had at least 3 from football- the last one kind of did something similar to what you are describing- everything should go away in a few more days....

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah I still have them today. I also assume my sleeping habits have been not helping with it.