Any Recomendations On A Good Appetite Suppressant

K

Kc2554

Awards
I would like to hear some opinions on appetite suppressants...

Thanks in advance.

-KC

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
ECA is the best appetite suppression IMO.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Relora will modulate appetite. E/C/A is great, but your appetite will bounce right the hell back and some. If you use E/C/A, stack it with l-tyrosine to replenish your neurotransmitters and give more of an appetite suppression. Or use DL-Phenylalanine and E/C/A... Or do the D/E/C/A/Y stack (dl-phenylalanine/ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin/yohimbine) and watch that fat DECAY!!!!!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
except when u die of a heart attack because of all the caffeine ephedrine and yohimbe
Then you'll lose weight while you decompose 6 feet under. Hence 'DECAY' ;)

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
1,3 dimethylamylamine 30mg at wake up and 30 mg 5 hours later

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Venom Hyperdrive
Warning: Users have reported that it may make you emotional. I have felt it as well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Picture Rosie O'donnel in a bikini...

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
As someone whose appetite is usually huge, I have lots of trouble with finding good suppressants.

I have found the original Venom to crush my appetite. However, the formulation is no longer sold. I've also found that it recurrently does something to my immune system (I am much more prone to pharyngitis, and will get pharyngitis, like clockwork, after one week of continual use of Venom).

Ephedrine also really works for me, but only for a couple hours at a time. The problem though is all the side effects (edginess causing my personality to change, the crash afterwards, etc). Ephedrine > ephedra, as ephedra was REALLY a dirty stimulant feeling.

I'm trying phenadrine for appetite now, will let you know how it works out. I classically haven't done well with 1,3 dimethylamylamine for appetite or for the crash afterwards. I also will say that Lean Extreme might work for some, but I never felt anything from it regarding appetite.

I also have found that making cups and cups of green tea throughout the day really helps. It doesn't jack me up stimulant-wise, it just for some reason really satiates my appetite. I'm brewing my own Dragonwell green tea, thats the only kind I've found to decrease my appetite.

K

Kc2554

Awards
Everyone...I really appreciate all the input..sorry I have not responded more than this (work is hell right now)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1,3 dimethylamylamine 30mg at wake up and 30 mg 5 hours later
Do you take this with anything else? I've tried 60mg on it's own and haven't noticed much..

For appetite suppression, mood, energy, nothing has beaten occassional PEA + l-dep for me.

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Do you take this with anything else? I've tried 60mg on it's own and haven't noticed much..

For appetite suppression, mood, energy, nothing has beaten occassional PEA + l-dep for me.
Other then a sugar free Redbull or two not really. It's not the usual stim buzz or whatever it's more of a focused on what you are doing feeling but it destroys appetite.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh I thought it increased norepinephrine and helped to release adrenalin. But I have yet to feel these effects from geranium extract. I'm on other noots so I don't notice more focus than normal on it either. Maybe I am a bit stimmed out too atm.

I've tried it on it's own, not at the same time as other noots or stims. I'll have to try it alongside a few other things to judge it's effects. This is how I normally get any benefits from anything, is in combination with other synergistic compounds..again, likely because my adrenals could be taxed.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
As someone whose appetite is usually huge, I have lots of trouble with finding good suppressants.

I have found the original Venom to crush my appetite. However, the formulation is no longer sold. I've also found that it recurrently does something to my immune system (I am much more prone to pharyngitis, and will get pharyngitis, like clockwork, after one week of continual use of Venom).

Ephedrine also really works for me, but only for a couple hours at a time. The problem though is all the side effects (edginess causing my personality to change, the crash afterwards, etc). Ephedrine > ephedra, as ephedra was REALLY a dirty stimulant feeling.

I'm trying phenadrine for appetite now, will let you know how it works out. I classically haven't done well with 1,3 dimethylamylamine for appetite or for the crash afterwards. I also will say that Lean Extreme might work for some, but I never felt anything from it regarding appetite.

I also have found that making cups and cups of green tea throughout the day really helps. It doesn't jack me up stimulant-wise, it just for some reason really satiates my appetite. I'm brewing my own Dragonwell green tea, thats the only kind I've found to decrease my appetite.
My friend Pata320 is using Phenadrine and at night he's always starving... He ends up eating Burger King and Crispy Creme every night. He'll literally HAVE TO leave the computer and get a junk food fix. lol. So, thumbs down for Phenadrine suppressing appetite ;)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would like to hear some opinions on appetite suppressants...

Thanks in advance.

-KC
green tea 98% induces CCK, which kills the appetite
caffeine
tyrosine
phenylalanine
cocoa extract
ephedra
water
fibrous carbs
HCA
5-HTP

K

Kc2554

Awards
green tea 98% induces CCK, which kills the appetite
caffeine
tyrosine
phenylalanine
cocoa extract
ephedra
water
fibrous carbs
HCA
5-HTP

I have actually had a lot of success with HCA...but NP doesnt carry it as a stand alone supplement. I have tried a good majority of the items people have commented on, and I think I like HCA the best.

A surprisingly good appetite that my wife and I could feel almost immediately was Glucomannan.

What is everyone's opinion on:
-HCA
-Glucomannan

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
My friend Pata320 is using Phenadrine and at night he's always starving... He ends up eating Burger King and Crispy Creme every night. He'll literally HAVE TO leave the computer and get a junk food fix. lol. So, thumbs down for Phenadrine suppressing appetite ;)
I've only used it 1x so far, will be using it again today, but I'm using it more of a study-aid than for fatloss or workout stim.

I hear what you said though, the first night after I came off it I definitely had a crazy appetite (but I also just got back from the gym)...its weird, my appetite problems have to do with the amount I eat and with the stuff I eat.

We'll see about phenadrine, need more time to evaluate.

K

Kc2554

Awards
I've only used it 1x so far, will be using it again today, but I'm using it more of a study-aid than for fatloss or workout stim.

I hear what you said though, the first night after I came off it I definitely had a crazy appetite (but I also just got back from the gym)...its weird, my appetite problems have to do with the amount I eat and with the stuff I eat.

Is phenadrine only made by APS?

The ingredient phenylethylamine....is it basically the same as NP's PEA?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is phenadrine only made by APS?

The ingredient phenylethylamine....is it basically the same as NP's PEA?

Yes, Phenylethylamine = PEA.

NP's PEA is great.

What's even greater, is their combo of Hordenine / PEA. The effects are greater and longer lasting, especially when combined with a stim. PEA on it's own really won't do much for very long, it has a very short half life. You may have to experiment with doses too. It also doesn't hurt to add in a choline source to your supplements when using cholinergenic type supps.

K

Kc2554

Awards
Yes, Phenylethylamine = PEA.

NP's PEA is great.

What's even greater, is their combo of Hordenine / PEA. The effects are greater and longer lasting, especially when combined with a stim. PEA on it's own really won't do much for very long, it has a very short half life. You may have to experiment with doses too. It also doesn't hurt to add in a choline source to your supplements when using cholinergenic type supps.
How would you describe the feeling?
Does it just make you really up?

Off subject, but....I was thinking about buying some Phosphatidyl Serine...anyone viewing have an opinion?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

Definitely interesting stuff. He likes it, but when it wears off, he'll choke down some kinda XL value meal and 12 donuts.

The PEA in Phenadrine is methylated twice. Big difference. Regular PEA sucks ass for any purpose. It's pure so even people have insufflated it and say it feels like shotty coke, but with a more horrible crash.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Definitely interesting stuff. He likes it, but when it wears off, he'll choke down some kinda XL value meal and 12 donuts.

The PEA in Phenadrine is methylated twice. Big difference. Regular PEA sucks ass for any purpose. It's pure so even people have insufflated it and say it feels like shotty coke, but with a more horrible crash.

Ahh I didn't notice that it was methylated in Phenadrine.

I take 2-3 grams of regular PEA, with 5-10mg of deprenyl, and to me it is much better than cola haha... It's more like a combination of ecstasy and cola, with no crash..Intense for maybe 1 hour, bit more.. I only do this occassionally, but it's great, and really clean. I feel great when it wears off, and still focused but also in a positive mood. I think this type of dose is far greater than what's needed for appetite suppression though. I posted a mini-article about this maybe a few months ago, in the summer..about the recreational use of high dose PEA or with an MAO-B inhibitor.

PEA really has to be taken alongside some sort of MAO-B inhibitor for you to notice any effects from it.

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
venEvol by Evol Labs (closest thing to original venom hyperdrive if not better)

or

Pheonix by Chapparal Labs

25mg Ephedra, 300mg caffiene, and white willow bark (like asprin)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

I take 2-3 grams of regular PEA, with 5-10mg of deprenyl, and to me it is much better than cola haha... It's more like a combination of ecstasy and cola, with no crash..Intense for maybe 1 hour, bit more.. I only do this occassionally, but it's great, and really clean. I feel great when it wears off, and still focused but also in a positive mood. I think this type of dose is far greater than what's needed for appetite suppression though. I posted a mini-article about this maybe a few months ago, in the summer..about the recreational use of high dose PEA or with an MAO-B inhibitor.

PEA really has to be taken alongside some sort of MAO-B inhibitor for you to notice any effects from it.
Hahaha... Yeah... I forgot how I felt on Deprenyl with that long @$$ half life!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

100-200 mg provigil plus 2-3 grams PEA will do the same thing- I stumbled on this one by accident- it was actually kinda scary at first- but once it evened out, was exactly what you are describing- I would only do it once in a while tho

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Modanifil makes you forget what appetite is. A friend of mine took one dose and couldnt eat for 24+ hours haha however its not a supplement and nothing to play with.....or maybe it is haha

Ephedrine/Caffiene has always worked for me.

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to offer my sincere thanks to futurepilot for the much needed 110 neg rep points for participating in a small imo semiproductive fashion in this thread. Thanks man you're tops.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Modanifil makes you forget what appetite is. A friend of mine took one dose and couldnt eat for 24+ hours haha however its not a supplement and nothing to play with.....or maybe it is haha

I've got a sample coming my way...it seems useful for those difficult days where you really need to function well without being overly stimulated and without causing peripheral stimulation.

I wonder how it interacts with PEA though...I've never really been able to find the exact method of action for modafinil. Where it comes to PEA though, there are other derivatives of this neurotransmitter which are much more potent, but I have only read about them...'experimental' 2c-series derivatives.

E

edwardk

Awards
Take a look at a product called PGX from Natural Factors. Its a mix of 3 different fibers that swell when mixed with water to give you that full feeling. Plus you get all the goodness of fiber...

I can't post external links so do a google search using the terms PGX and slimstyles...

I tried hoodia and all kinds of other things.. this thing works plus you can buy it at Costco

Happy training

F

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Herion, Cocaine and Alcohol? They prolly kill you appetite but be counter productive.
Just wanted to offer my sincere thanks to futurepilot for the much needed 110 neg rep points for participating in a small imo semiproductive fashion in this thread. Thanks man you're tops.
No prob, any time.

K

Kc2554

Awards
Take a look at a product called PGX from Natural Factors. Its a mix of 3 different fibers that swell when mixed with water to give you that full feeling. Plus you get all the goodness of fiber...

I can't post external links so do a google search using the terms PGX and slimstyles...

I tried hoodia and all kinds of other things.. this thing works plus you can buy it at Costco

Happy training

I have given Hoodia a try (purchased) about 2 or 3 times....this will probably sound crazy, but I feel EXTREMELY hungry after I take it and its hard not to raid my ecto wife's junk food (she gets pissed)!!

Similar situation happens with CL's yellow euphoria.

Thanks for the recomendation on PGX. I was planning to purchase glucomannan online, but i am glad you informed me that places like Costco carry it. We have more Sam's than Costco, so I will see if they carry it

Last edited:
Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing alright with the phenadrine for appetite. Nothing like venom or ephedrine, but not bad on the off-days of venom.

Also for you modafinil guys, just a heads up about the effects on the CYP450 system, in case you don't know.

Modafinil has lots of effects on the p450 system, both inducing effects (1A2, 2B6, 3A4 [this family is the main metabolizer of the CYP450 system]) and inhibiting effects (2C9, 2C19). This means that some drugs will require a higher dose to maintain plasma concentrations (anything that is metabolized via 1A2, 2B6, 3A4) and lower dose for anything for 2C9 or 2C19.

This is all in vitro, and as far as I've seen in vivo results haven't been confirmed, but caution should predominate when taking modafinil with any type of psychoactive drug (antidepressants, anticonvulsants, etc).

Just FYI.

Also as far as I can tell, modafinil increases dopamine release without affecting reuptake. It might have other neurotransmitter effects too though, I can't remember fully from neuro class.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

Thanks for the info.

I am assuming that modafinil and stablon would not be a good mix then. Would be my main concern. Could also effect trazodone in a bad way.

Sorry, didn't mean to take this convo into the OTC realm :p

D

dave12

Awards
  • Established
No prob, any time.
Normally I don't like getting baited by nitwits but... you ignore the two posts I made prior to the clear joke and quote that. Again, my friend, well done. When you go to bed tonight you can pat yourself on the back for making the anabolicminds forum as well as the internet as a whole a safer place for people fearing acronym jokes.

By the by I think I was the first to offer the suggestion of gera to the guy as well as my experience with the product and a follow up to his response. So OP can rest assured you are here and on the job. Be vigilant someone may make a boobie joke any moment.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

Thanks for the info.

I am assuming that modafinil and stablon would not be a good mix then. Would be my main concern. Could also effect trazodone in a bad way.

Sorry, didn't mean to take this convo into the OTC realm :p
I tried figuring out what CYP subfamily Stablon is metabolized by and came across some rat study from the 90s, but it measured chromosomal binding of tianeptine to the hepatocyte chromosomes...and I'm not exactly sure what this means in regards to metabolism. If it is what I think it is, tianeptine is via the 3A4 subtype.

Trazodone is definitely metabolized via 3A4. http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/26/6/572

Since modafinil is a mild inducer of 3A4, it would require a slightly higher dose of trazodone to have the same effect. However, please don't experiment with dosing on modafinil based upon what I wrote about the CYP450 effects, leave that to a Doc who can measure blood values. Especially because everyone has variation in their cyp450 system.

(Just my disclaimer)

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
Dude you dont need an app depressor...everytime you go to have a snack or an unplanned meal...go look in the mirror and ask yourself what you want to look like

K

Kc2554

Awards
Dude you dont need an app depressor...everytime you go to have a snack or an unplanned meal...go look in the mirror and ask yourself what you want to look like
I agree somewhat...but I still want one anyways

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

yea- moda is good stuff, esp. for add- only problem is you forget to eat when you are on it, and when it wears off- you literally become so ravenously hungry that you will end up back-loading all of your calories into a 3 hour span (for me, after work)

plus- you forget to drink water when you take it- messes with your perception of thirst as well