Best supplements for anxiety

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Hoping someone can help me out. I suffer panic attacks every now and then. Mine are brought on by caffeine and Some social situations. Public speaking has always been hit or miss for me. Sometimes Im calm and having a good time and other times I feel like im going to suffocate and have my heart explode. I have to give a very lengthy and stressful deposition sometime next week. My anxiety has been good lately but I am looking to take something that keeps me calm and makes me feel good. I have taken L-Theanine before and loved it.. I just ordered some. I was curious what would go well with it.. Tryptophan, GABA, Phenibut or 5-htp... I dont want to feel drunk or high just calm. Thanks for any advice.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i take 200mg of 5htp.. i also take .05mg of klonopin..its the best thing for social anxiety..i have no sides with klonopin unlike with paxil,wellbutrin,paxil cr. bad sides and withdrawl..klonopin is better for men. email me if you want more info on klonopin and what to expect.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
A beta blocker, e.g. 20mg propranolol. You need a script, or a family member with chf.

jacobcoile

Awards
I found rhodiola rosea and l-theanine to work well together. I experience the same thing with coffee or strong stimulants sometimes and I find the better I am at getting in the proper minerals, electrolytes, and healthy fats in daily the better I feel even when getting in high cafeine. I also react better to yerba mate and green tea than coffee or black tea. I imagine a nice stack for energy, mood, clarity, and anxiety would be rhodiola, l-theanine, and Schisandra (focus dirt or other if out)

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Phenibut but be careful it can have bad withdrawals if not used correctly.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut but be careful it can have bad withdrawals if not used correctly.
I agree on the phenibut, but I used it a few times in a high dosage. Can not give an accurate dosage, but I filled it in size 00 caps (700mgs or so?)

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree on the phenibut, but I used it a few times in a high dosage. Can not give an accurate dosage, but I filled it in size 00 caps (700mgs or so?)
500-1000mg before bed should be good. If your using it to party then 1g every 2-3 hrs no more then 3g's and you should have a pretty good buzz along with a few drinks.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
500-1000mg before bed should be good. If your using it to party then 1g every 2-3 hrs no more then 3g's and you should have a pretty good buzz along with a few drinks.
Right on, Phenibut is probably your best best. Maybe add 50 mgs 5-htp if you need something extra.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I may have to try 5htp. I've heard great things about it just never got around to trying it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Legally, hands down for Relora.

Illegally, hands down GHB. Give a dose to a guy that's ready to jump off of a roof and 10 minutes later he'll be skipping down the stairs to write a large check for a local charity.

(GHB is a class 1 scheduled substance and one should NEVER attempt to acquire it)

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Legally, hands down for Relora.

Illegally, hands down GHB. Give a dose to a guy that's ready to jump off of a roof and 10 minutes later he'll be skipping down the stairs to write a large check for a local charity.

(GHB is a class 1 scheduled substance and one should NEVER attempt to acquire it)
Any input on dosing?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Any input on dosing?
I use 500mg 3 times per day. I would NEVER go higher than that. 250mg 3 times per day is the minimal dose. If you use NOWs brand, use 300mg/3x per day.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I use 500mg 3 times per day. I would NEVER go higher than that. 250mg 3 times per day is the minimal dose. If you use NOWs brand, use 300mg/3x per day.
Perfect, thank you.

Would you stack this w/anything else (legal) or is Relora sufficient alone?

Others have mentioned Phenibut, 5-HTP, etc.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Perfect, thank you.

Would you stack this w/anything else (legal) or is Relora sufficient alone?

Others have mentioned Phenibut, 5-HTP, etc.
5 htp is ok.... Phenibut is awful.

As a long term, everyday stack with cumulative benefits, try Relora/Sensoril (patented ashwaganda) and if you wish to throw in rhodiola, get NOW's. Sick stack for everything.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
if its once in a while its worth getting the xanax xr which is time released. i get attacks very infrequently, maybe 2 or 3 per year, but when i get them they are absolutely punishing. i tried many things but since i only get a few a year the xanax is the way to go

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
5 htp is ok.... Phenibut is awful.

As a long term, everyday stack with cumulative benefits, try Relora/Sensoril (patented ashwaganda) and if you wish to throw in rhodiola, get NOW's. Sick stack for everything.
Thanks bro. Any insight into recommended dosage for Sensoril? I'm getting Relora + Sensoril ;)

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i gotta go with the Phenibut at a low dose. to high of a dose made me sleep for 12 hours and waking up feeling retarded

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah if u take too much phenibut you have a hangover the next day. If you know how to use it though it will work wonders.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
ive been taking prozac but i need something in addition. im curious to see additional input on this thread. 5 htp and Relora seem promising.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i take 200mg of 5htp.. i also take .05mg of klonopin..its the best thing for social anxiety..i have no sides with klonopin unlike with paxil,wellbutrin,paxil cr. bad sides and withdrawl..klonopin is better for men. email me if you want more info on klonopin and what to expect.
That isn't a supplement and also has withdrawals such as seizures. Negged ; although not like it will matter.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
That isn't a supplement and also has withdrawals such as seizures. Negged ; although not like it will matter.
Hmmm... I don't care for the idea of suggesting controlled substances either. That klonipin is nothing but bad news. ANYONE who takes it follows the same course:

1. Gets the prescription filled and enjoys the daily dose.

2. Requires an increase dose to achieve the same effect.

3. They reach the maximum dose that can be prescribed and either:
a)They go to another doctor and try and double up
b)The doctor gets in trouble and gets probation and won't write write anymore scripts for controlled substances
c) The person turns to the black market for benzos
d) The person can not acquire benzos and turns to alcohol or other drugs to relieve the withdrawal

4. The person ends up dead, in jail (then dead from withdrawals), or in rehab.

So Ohio-retard, take your klonipin and cram it up your @$$. Your posts are the dumbest posts I've ever seen before.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Life extension optimized ashwahandha is awesome.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see im not the only one that suffers these anxiety attacks. Is it common for athletes, body builders to suffer from anxiety. I seem to always get them in the same places which is weird..I dont get them bad when I am talking in front of people or out in public. The worst ones I have ever gotten have been in a plane, in church and getting my haircut. I think mine have to do with being restricted of confined.